News Article: (UPD Official Now) Winnipeg White Out Street Party

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
There always will be scalpers. The blame should be on the event organisers for their "solution" to the capacity problem"
Agreed but trying to make money on something that is free just seems so low to me . Maybe parents of a family of 4 for example want to let their kids experience something that might not happen again in their lifetime and this is all they can afford , now because some duchbag wants to weasel some extra money , they can't go . :thumbd:

Brominator

Sep 12, 2009
WPG
If anyone has extra tickets to the street party, please let me know!

Looking for 4 tickets to take the family.

EDIT: got some!

Last edited:
Reactions: DarthMonty

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
This stinks, if the issue was capacity then it should have been first come first served until 25k spots are taken. Now, many would just claim these free tickets "just in case" as it takes zero effort or commitment to acquire them and many wouldn't even bother showing up and will feel no guilt as the tickets are "free". It would almost have been better to charge money for these things as atleast that would incentivize people to show up. The street party looks great on tv and it seemed like the people there were genuinely having a good time, sad that the corporate types had to butt in.

I hope this decision is immediately reversed if there are less people at the party tomorrow than there in Round 2.

After all the things @BellMTSPlace complained about to start the playoffs, this one is actually worthy of his/her rants.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I just wish they blocked out Portage Avenue from Osbourne to Main, and redirect the traffic through Broadway.

The Forks would be a safer bet, but I know it's a ways away from BTMSP. I remember hearing somebody say they should've built the new arena where the Goldeyes played.

Reactions: GNP

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
There is no possibility of expanding the street party on Donald to Broadway. She is dumb as a bag of hammers to think that was ever possible.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
I have had a change of plans leaving me with...

0 tickets to tonight's street party

If you can use them PM me the email address you'd like them transferred to.

Free, of course.

EDIT: gone!

Last edited:

purdy44

Registered Loser
Feb 8, 2013
Lac Seul, ON
I don't understand why they didn't just issue tickets first come first serve when people arrived at the street party? Print 25k tickets, when they're gone that's it. If there's a few hundred to a thousand people actually going to the game, they should be able to return their street party tickets when they head in for the game and those tickets can be reissued to patrons late to the party

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Yep. Attendance down as I expected. I can't believe they are screwing this up.

True North really doesn't screw up anything, as the are always adapting. They had to try some mechanism to limit attendance at the Street Party to avoid an overflow that would shut down downtown Winnipeg. It looks like they have put a new plan in place already.

Reactions: LucianoBorsato

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I just wish they blocked out Portage Avenue from Osbourne to Main, and redirect the traffic through Broadway.

The Forks would be a safer bet, but I know it's a ways away from BTMSP. I remember hearing somebody say they should have built the new arena where the Goldeyes played

I totally agree with this poster's location for the Bell Mts Center- and that would be the Forks-where the Goldeyes play.Would be way better for parking, and outdoor events.

The guy that pushed for this arena was Mayor Glen Murray, and he did not have Hockey in mind, but more of an arena for concerts. It was thought at the time, we were to small a market to get the team back.

I think this "present location" will eventually be replaced by a "new arena" at the Forks.

bring back the jets

Oct 30, 2010
I never thought of that but why don't they have the whiteout parties at the forks? Can fit way more people and they would be removed from the streets of downtown. Also there would be grass to sit on.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta

This was the original plan back in 1995. The Spirit of Manitoba group wanted to put an 18,000 seat arena on that parcel of land, but as we all know, the group could not raise the necessary funding to build it. Sam Katz then proposed a plan to build a new baseball park instead, for the Goldeyes, and for the Pan Am Games. The ballpark was completed (sans right field seating) in spring 1999.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
I ran into some people on Donald street outside the TNSE party who were drinking their beer on the sidewalk. They placed their not empty cans on the sidewalk and stood still as 2 police officers and I approached. The cops didn't even blink. Winnipeg is a joke.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad