News Article: (UPD Official Now) Winnipeg White Out Street Party

burnoutberry

May 2, 2016
True North
The problem seems to be that they were free tickets, so people just grabbed the maximum that they could "just in case".

I think the easiest solution is, sadly, to charge for tickets. Make it $5 or $10 per ticket - and make sure it goes to charity so people don't feel like they're being nickle and dimed But that way people won't buy more tickets than they will use, and as well police can keep track of numbers.

I could get behind $5/ticket and giving it to charity. It's not a bad idea at all.

Reactions: ItchyScratchy77

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
Quoted from the Jets Mail email I just received...
Economic Development Winnipeg (EDW) and True North Sports + Entertainment announced today they are issuing 37,500 tickets for the #WPGWhiteout Street Party for Sunday, May 20, 2018. Tickets will be available at ticketmaster.ca at 4 PM CT today.

Gates for the street party will open at noon CT on Sunday. Puck drop for Game Five of the Western Conference Final between the Vegas Golden Knights and Winnipeg Jets is 2 PM CT.

The decision to keep the street party a ticketed event was made to satisfy the safety concerns of the City of Winnipeg's Special Events Committee (SEC), which True North has been a part of.

The free tickets are available for download at ticketmaster.ca and will be limited to four (4) per account. Subject to street party capacity of 27,000, tickets will also be available at the street party gates.

For fans who don't have online access to download tickets, True North has printed 5,000 tickets (a segment of the 37,500 tickets), which will be available at the Bell MTS Place Box Office (Portage and Donald). Box office tickets will be limited to four (4) per person during regular business hours from now until supplies last.

Street party organizers would also like to remind Winnipeg Jets seat holders that their game tickets provide them free access to the street party.

kcin94

Jul 17, 2011
If they want to do online tickets for free, they should only make them available a few hours before the game. That way people aren't getting them just in case, but will know at that point if they are going.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
I hope 37,500 people show up just to stick it to whoever thought of issuing tickets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->