News Article: (UPD Official Now) Winnipeg White Out Street Party

bek816

Mar 17, 2012
As someone going to game one and two, I just want to know if I can get in and hang out before the game.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Seems silly to me. If you are going to the game but get street party tickets you effectively limit your capacity. My bet is that people will be allowed in regardless.

bek816

Mar 17, 2012
Ok, EDC tweeted back to me that my game tickets are good enough to get in to the party as well. So, I don't need the pair I picked up for each of the games. If someone wants them they can DM me.

jimsabo21

Jul 2, 2011
The entire thing is silly. I know people who have game day tickets who got "street party" tickets just so they can hang out and have a beer or two before the game. Nowhere did it mention that a game-day ticket is good enough for entry. I've been to each Jets playoff game, and would guess than 75% of fans inside the building spent some time on the street prior to game. Imagine if 10,000 of these "street party" tickets end up vacating the party once the puck drops?

Love True North, but they have a way of being overly bureaucratic with the events they put on. Other cities have had 100K plus people outside watching sporting events, yet we need to turn 20K into a "ticketed event". I love seeing the different ethnicities come together to celebrate the Jets downtown. Not all these people have ticketmaster accounts. Allow people to drop in to leave last minute, keep it spontaneous for newly arrived immigrants... grow the fanbase ...

I mean, if the forks can have 100K watch fireworks on Canada Day without a ticket requirement, why on earth do we need to set up road blocks for 20K

Swiftt

Jul 3, 2016
Winnipeg
A lot of security that work at BMTSP have told me that over the last few games there has been an increased number of gang threats and “less than desirable people” just wandering in to the street party, so they are trying to eliminate that aspect.

But I agree, a lot of people that go to the games will pop in to the street party beforehand, so I wonder how much that’ll effect the cap of tickets. I’m sure it’s gonna look just the same at the end of the day!

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
People now selling them on Kajiji. This is another reason why this was a dumb idea. If there are less than desirable people then give security the right to bar entry. Making it so you require a ticket doesn't bar those people from getting tickets.

Reactions: Jets 31

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
The entire thing is silly. I know people who have game day tickets who got "street party" tickets just so they can hang out and have a beer or two before the game. Nowhere did it mention that a game-day ticket is good enough for entry. I've been to each Jets playoff game, and would guess than 75% of fans inside the building spent some time on the street prior to game. Imagine if 10,000 of these "street party" tickets end up vacating the party once the puck drops?

Love True North, but they have a way of being overly bureaucratic with the events they put on. Other cities have had 100K plus people outside watching sporting events, yet we need to turn 20K into a "ticketed event". I love seeing the different ethnicities come together to celebrate the Jets downtown. Not all these people have ticketmaster accounts. Allow people to drop in to leave last minute, keep it spontaneous for newly arrived immigrants... grow the fanbase ...

I mean, if the forks can have 100K watch fireworks on Canada Day without a ticket requirement, why on earth do we need to set up road blocks for 20K
If you have a game day ticket I doubt you need a street party ticket.

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
If you have a game day ticket I doubt you need a street party ticket.
They didnt make that clear right away though, I have tickets but since I was not made aware that they were good enough for entry i grabbed 2 party tickets for both game one and two and I am not going to be the only one who did. Every ticket holder that does means there are less for the general public now, they should have made it clear in their announcement.

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
They didnt make that clear right away though, I have tickets but since I was not made aware that they were good enough for entry i grabbed 2 party tickets for both game one and two and I am not going to be the only one who did. Every ticket holder that does means there are less for the general public now, they should have made it clear in their announcement.
Fair.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad