News Article: (UPD Official Now) Winnipeg White Out Street Party

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
People now selling them on Kajiji. This is another reason why this was a dumb idea. If there are less than desirable people then give security the right to bar entry. Making it so you require a ticket doesn't bar those people from getting tickets.
Yup, sure didn't take the dbags long...

kijijitix.png

Reactions: Jets 31

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
I just checked for game 2 after you posted, Ticketmaster offered me 2 tickets.
That's weird. This is what I see for both events...

soldout.png

EDIT: You are correct @jetsv2. I was checking by using both links in the Jets Mail email I received not knowing they screwed up and made both links point to tomorrow's event. If I go directly through Ticketmaster's site then there are indeed pairs currently still available for Monday's event.

Last edited:

bogostick

Jun 13, 2014
TN will have to come up with a better idea than this lol. Between people grabbing as much as they could to try and sell and how many people that got them just in case they decide to go to the street party. There will probably be more people outside the fence then in.

bek816

Mar 17, 2012
They needed to do a better job at communicating that your game day ticket will get you into the street party. Other than that, I can't object too heavily about putting some size constraints on it.

Reactions: sipowicz

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
They didnt make that clear right away though, I have tickets but since I was not made aware that they were good enough for entry i grabbed 2 party tickets for both game one and two and I am not going to be the only one who did. Every ticket holder that does means there are less for the general public now, they should have made it clear in their announcement.

Kinda common sense that you'd be allowed in.

Reactions: sixty minute hockey

bek816

Mar 17, 2012
I thought the opposite... I assumed that they would want to reserve room at the street party for those without tickets to the game. So, like others, I have an extra pair of street party tickets for tomorrow and Monday!

Kinda common sense that you'd be allowed in.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
The entire thing is silly. I know people who have game day tickets who got "street party" tickets just so they can hang out and have a beer or two before the game. Nowhere did it mention that a game-day ticket is good enough for entry. I've been to each Jets playoff game, and would guess than 75% of fans inside the building spent some time on the street prior to game. Imagine if 10,000 of these "street party" tickets end up vacating the party once the puck drops?

Love True North, but they have a way of being overly bureaucratic with the events they put on. Other cities have had 100K plus people outside watching sporting events, yet we need to turn 20K into a "ticketed event". I love seeing the different ethnicities come together to celebrate the Jets downtown. Not all these people have ticketmaster accounts. Allow people to drop in to leave last minute, keep it spontaneous for newly arrived immigrants... grow the fanbase ...

I mean, if the forks can have 100K watch fireworks on Canada Day without a ticket requirement, why on earth do we need to set up road blocks for 20K

And this is why it should have been at the forks in the first place. And if people attending the game want to hang out there before the game it's only a 5 minute walk... not an issue.

Sammy225

Aug 9, 2011
I first thought that this was a good idea for crowd control and then a split second later when i saw that you could get 8 at a time my thoughts turned to d-bags getting all they can and selling them on Kijiji. I would say about 30% of those tickets "bought" are not going to be used and its going to severely dampen things.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
I kind of disagree with placing a limit on the amount of people that can attend the street party. It takes away from the spontaneity of the event. I know they're concerned about providing sufficient security at the event but I think for the most part the fans have been well behaved. I'm also wondering if placing a limit is actually going to prevent others from coming to the area. Portage and Main is supposed to be closed to pedestrians but it doesn't stop impromptu gatherings from taking place there and forcing police to close the intersection to vehicular traffic during such occasions. I just hope this new initiative doesn't cause unnecessary problems and tarnish the image of Winnipeg.

:jets

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
People are already trying to scalp tickets to the street party on kijiji. One fine individual is trying to sell them for $100 each

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
People are already trying to scalp tickets to the street party on kijiji. One fine individual is trying to sell them for $100 each

That was one of my concerns. The tickets are free which means there's no cost borne by any individuals selling to a third party. Also, people might be getting tickets and decide not to go while others are excluded because they were unable to get tickets. I think they should have just left the events open to whoever wants to attend.

:jets

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
I am pretty much Mr. Secondary market, i very vocally defend it basically in every instance, and even I think the resale of these tickets is so scummy and ridiculous.

At the same time, what did true North think would happen? They had to see this coming.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Nothing that Winnipeggers oppose more than unnecessary charges/fees.
If the only way to get in is to buy them now from 3rd party sellers, there will be a smaller crowd, or just a larger crowd standing around the boundaries.

Reactions: Jets 31

bek816

Mar 17, 2012
Meh, the Forks is too far away. Part of the fun is that I can party on the street, have a few beers, go to the game, and take back to the streets after a Jets win.

I bet less people show up now.

This should have always been at the forks.

bek816

Mar 17, 2012
I have four tickets to the whiteout party for game two. I don't need them and not looking to profit off them. Send me a private message.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Why is there always losers that have to wreck a good thing , jesus . If you got 8 tickets with no intention of going but just to try and make money on something that is free ....... YOU ARE A LOSER GOOF !!!

sixty minute hockey

Feb 7, 2012
Manitoba
Why is there always losers that have to wreck a good thing , jesus . If you got 8 tickets with no intention of going but just to try and make money on something that is free ....... YOU ARE A LOSER GOOF !!!
There always will be scalpers. The blame should be on the event organisers for their "solution" to the capacity problem"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad