Management UNEDITED - Don Sweeney addresses the media on Mitchell Miller signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
"He tried to sit down with Isaiah and tell him he was sorry" his mom said.

I guess that's the end of the line where he didn't try to apologize.

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
"He tried to sit down with Isaiah and tell him he was sorry" his mom said.

I guess that's the end of the line where he didn't try to apologize.

I dont think the victim/victim family will ever forgive MM.

He apologized (sincerely).... way too late.

I mean what is that?

Sweeney trainning/requiring MM to apologize = bad look also

Victim mother is displeased with Sweeney now

Sweeney looks desparate and MM still hasn't really apologized

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
Stupid and idiotic signing by mgmt. Gutless to put the players out there to tell a bs narrative. What that kid did was not bullying, it was racist, sadistic abuse of disabled person. The scumbag apologized over Instagram for heavens sake and the idiots in mgmt didn’t have the sense to check with the victims family if they felt justice had been served. Just a disgrace and disgusting lack of character on mgmt. Let the kid prove he reformed elsewhere.!

Reactions: Boston Bandit

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I dont think the victim/victim family will ever forgive MM.

He apologized (sincerely).... way too late.

I mean what is that?

Sweeney trainning/requiring MM to apologize = bad look also

Victim mother is displeased with Sweeney now

Sweeney looks desparate and MM still hasn't really apologized

I think that's the key. The mom said Mitchell was harassing them too because he was rollerblading by their house? She has said he never apologized. We know he did. We saw a letter he wrote. She says she never got it.

There's a lot of things being said by her that I am confused by. Especially her saying he was still bullying as of 2 years ago? Is that not a violation of some sort if he was? Did she contact police?

Now I'm not downplaying what happened. But from what I've read and watched , its clear the victims mom is never going to accept MM apology. So what is next? Idk

I just wish the Bruins stayed away from this circus. We don't need it. It's a mess.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I think that's the key. The mom said Mitchell was harassing them too because he was rollerblading by their house? She has said he never apologized. We know he did. We saw a letter he wrote. She says she never got it.

There's a lot of things being said by her that I am confused by. Especially her saying he was still bullying as of 2 years ago? Is that not a violation of some sort if he was? Did she contact police?

Now I'm not downplaying what happened. But from what I've read and watched , its clear the victims mom is never going to accept MM apology. So what is next? Idk

I just wish the Bruins stayed away from this circus. We don't need it. It's a mess.
Yep. At some point, if you won't let a guy apologize and continue to try to railroad him for something he did when he was 14, that's on you.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
This is insane and of course has led directly to a loss where we look totally different.

F Sweeney and Neely for being this dumb and bringing on this circus/witch hunt.

Yep. At some point, if you won't let a guy apologize and continue to try to railroad him for something he did when he was 14, that's on you.

Yup. The people who are going over the top about their outrage look a lot like bullies themselves to me they really want a pound of flesh here.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

Eh. That's not where I was going with my statement. I think it's clear the mom will never accept any apology. And I know I didn't and will never accept the apology of someone who hurt me very badly. Thats just my personal story. And she has every right to same as me.

But there are conflicting statements by her that I am confused about that I would love a clarification.

But at the end of the day MM did a grotesque thing. And I just want nothing to do with this entire circus. We did not need to be the team to give him his chance.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Oh- you hear that guys? He says he has black friends and his sister dated a black guy once and he pays a black guy. It’s totally ok and not racist of him to repeatedly assault and call a black teenager with the mental capacity of a 10 YO the n word

Thank you for clarifying DaaaaB’s, I do not know what we would do without you.
Oh yes because people never change lol.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I'll repeat what I wrote yesterday.

I do not want this guy on the Bruins, and I don't want him in our organization either.Period.

It's a bad look, and it was a bad decision.
In all honesty, whoever made this decision in the first place needs to own up to it.

Right now it seems like there's a lot of passing of the buck here.

Step up, accept the consequences, and move on.

If it means taking a diminished or lessened role in the organization, so be it. Whether or not the kid is still in the organization, the person that wanted him there despite what seems like negative feedback, is still here.

Hate to say it, but there needs to be someone to take the responsibility here or otherwise it will continue to be a bad look for the organization.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
In all honesty, whoever made this decision in the first place needs to own up to it.

Right now it seems like there's a lot of passing of the buck here.

Step up, accept the consequences, and move on.

If it means taking a diminished or lessened role in the organization, so be it. Whether or not the kid is still in the organization, the person that wanted him there despite what seems like negative feedback, is still here.

Hate to say it, but there needs to be someone to take the responsibility here or otherwise it will continue to be a bad look for the organization.
You shouldn't hate to say it. The buck stops here, that's what Truman used to say.

Sweeney and Neely and whomever else advised these two, are responsible. And should be held to account. I am tired of both of these fools.

Jesus f****** Christ.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
You shouldn't hate to say it. The buck stops here, that's what Truman used to say.

Sweeney and Neely and whomever else advised these two, are responsible. And should be held to account. I am tired of both of these fools.

Jesus f****** Christ.
Agreed.

"Hate to say" more meant that it displeases me that WE HAVE to say it, and they just aren't doing it.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Don't blame him, he owes them nothing

1667705322109.png

Are you on drugs? ARE. YOU. ON. DRUGS? Sweeney owes EVERYBODY an explanation for this bullshit as to why he let this monster back into the NHL after it was found out what he did to abuse a defenseless special needs child.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan

TBH...I don't blame her when the piece of shit in question body slammed her son, who is suffering from fetal alcohol syndrome mind you, onto the concrete parking lot of a gas station and hurled racial epithets at him in front of a crowd of people as well as denigrated and mocked him for being born from a broken home and being adopted by parents that don't look like him.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Weird how the victims mother forgave Mitchell's accomplice after he broke down crying apologizing to them. Even had the accomplices father reaching out to apologize.

Meanwhile the judge and the mother both didn't think Mitchell showed any remorse. You have the mother of Mitchell out here pulling the "Boys will be boys" nonsense and also making sure to clarify that Mitchell ran the push pop under water after swiping it in a school urinal.

But yea the problem is it's the victims moms fault for not just forgiving Mitchell.

You guys are tapped.

Mother clearly forgave the kid who actually felt remorse and realized the gravity of what he did. It's blatantly fkn obvious why she didn't forgive Mitchell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad