Management UNEDITED - Don Sweeney addresses the media on Mitchell Miller signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Tonight NESN became Россия-1.

I feel for Jack, Andy, Dale and Sophia who were not allowed to speak about the biggest story in hockey.

Every person on NESN tonight:

1667706766973.png

I dont believe that. I bet many kids that were bullies changed their behavior and have become good people. I know 2 of them.

depends on how old they were and the personality of the person. It's clear that, thanks to the home environment this piece of shit was brought up in with his enabler parents, Miller hasn't learned his f***ing lesson at all.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Every person on NESN tonight:

View attachment 604076

depends on how old they were and the personality of the person. It's clear that, thanks to the home environment this piece of shit was brought up in with his enabler parents, Miller hasn't learned his f***ing lesson at all.
What miller did is stuff that even a horror movie cant show. I dont know much about him but I'm sure he feels like shit and he should. But if it was grade 8 and age 14 that is a factor for me . I dont know the exact details of the case and he has gone through the judicial system and I'm sure the judge did give the appropriate punishment for this crime in terms or his age etc. Mitchell has a short window here to show the world that his a changed man. He can do wonderful things especially now since he signed with one of the greatest nhl team in the league. The first thing I would do is donate most of his money to help disabled kids as a first gesture that his on the right path here. I'm hoping he turns it around and that kid he hurt also heals from his poor decisions.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
What miller did is stuff that even a horror movie cant show. I dont know much about him but I'm sure he feels like shit and he should. But if it was grade 8 and age 14 that is a factor for me . I dont know the exact details of the case and he has gone through the judicial system and I'm sure the judge did give the appropriate punishment for this crime in terms or his age etc. Mitchell has a short window here to show the world that his a changed man. He can do wonderful things especially now since he signed with one of the greatest nhl team in the league. The first thing I would do is donate most of his money to help disabled kids as a first gesture that his on the right path here. I'm hoping he turns it around and that kid he hurt also heals from his poor decisions.

The judge gave him a slap on the wrist

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Here’s the police report

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma

Don how many times do people have to point out it wasn't 1 incident at 14?

He did it for years before, and years after he went to court for this. He did it until he moved away for college.

The judge himself said he didn't believe he was remorseful.

What you are saying isn't reality

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
The kids that were bullies and dickheads that I grew up with never changed.
This. Entitled, bully assholes normally get worse.

Kids a cowardly bully, Sweeney or Neely, most likely both, cowards and idiots that took a great start that I was optimistic about and torpedoed it for no reason, none. Fire both of them, if Charlie had any idea what was going on he will get a pass because of daddy but it might be his last.

Go to Orr, he saved the franchise once ask him to do it again as team President, make Chara Vice President and GM and have Gold handle most of this year while Chara learns. Fix this mess before it kills the season because it might do so. I am sure the players are sick of Sweeney hiding from the media while they get asked to answer for Sweeney's idiocy, while Nerly is hiding in a bunker somewhere

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
idk I just don't know why they decided to do this. They didn't need to. I wish they hadn't. But..............

I also don't think you should ruin someone's entire life for something they did (as bad as it was) when he was 14. I know in my high school we had lots of bullies. Some of them did things just as bad as this or worse. One bully played in the NHL for a bit. Another one became a cop as an adult. People do deserve a chance to change and redeem themselves, but the leash should be very very short. He needs to do a LOT of volunteer and charity work and so forth and show he's doing everything he can to be a better person.

Remember he was 14 (and obviously dumb), and there's a reason we seal juvenile criminal records and allow for rehabilitation.

Reactions: The don godfather

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
idk I just don't know why they decided to do this. They didn't need to. I wish they hadn't. But..............

I also don't think you should ruin someone's entire life for something they did (as bad as it was) when he was 14. I know in my high school we had lots of bullies. Some of them did things just as bad as this or worse. One bully played in the NHL for a bit. Another one became a cop as an adult. People do deserve a chance to change and redeem themselves, but the leash should be very very short. He needs to do a LOT of volunteer and charity work and so forth and show he's doing everything he can to be a better person.

Remember he was 14 (and obviously dumb), and there's a reason we seal juvenile criminal records and allow for rehabilitation.
nobody has "ruined his life". he is free to pursue whatever life he wants to live. he could finish school and get a "normal" job for example. he'll be just fine if he wants to be.

the idea that his life is ruined because he's not one of the .00001% of people who get to play in the NHL is absurd. that line of thinking is exactly why so many of these kids are so ridiculously entitled.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Over the years, there has been many players I was interested in, only to be told, "there are rumors he's a bad guy! We care about the culture of our club!"

I disagreed, but if it is the ethos of the team, I can respect it at least. However, not only do the Bruins sign a person who is quite clearly a garbage human being, they give him a shot as a prospect?

If you believe the "culture of the club" matters, why ruin it on a prospect who won't help the team win today? You can forgive alot if it means winning today, but why bother with this mess for no payoff now?

I never want to read again about the culture of the Bruins- if they can sign this guy, then the sins of other players shouldn't be a problem either.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Over the years, there has been many players I was interested in, only to be told, "there are rumors he's a bad guy! We care about the culture of our club!"

I disagreed, but if it is the ethos of the team, I can respect it at least. However, not only do the Bruins sign a person who is quite clearly a garbage human being, they give him a shot as a prospect?

If you believe the "culture of the club" matters, why ruin it on a prospect who won't help the team win today? You can forgive alot if it means winning today, but why bother with this mess for no payoff now?

I never want to read again about the culture of the Bruins- if they can sign this guy, then the sins of other players shouldn't be a problem either.

If Miller and his character is worth taking a chance on but Barzals and Seguins weren't, I want to know their full stories too.

Was Seguin on the grassy knoll?

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
If Miller and his character is worth taking a chance on but Barzals and Seguins weren't, I want to know their full stories too.

Was Seguin on the grassy knoll?
Can't sign Evander Kane ( and I did not want them too) but given a choice between Kane and his ability and talent vs reputation or Miller's potential and documented issues and reputation I will take Kane

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Ya thats where you're wrong, Dr. Hook. All of the evidence is that he isn't worthy of the kind of pass you're giving him. If you're waiting to learn more, do that. If you post what you've posted, that's not condoning his actions, but it is implicitly saying that you don't feel like they are bad enough to be a permanent black mark. That's fine, it may be your opinion, but I'd rather condemn the unrepentant racist then give him more rope out of a misguided sense of "civility."
I don’t think I am wrong- I think you are. But there we have it and let’s leave it at that. I’d rather not discuss any more as your response is bordering on personal and there is no need for that.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Can't sign Evander Kane ( and I did not want them too) but given a choice between Kane and his ability and talent vs reputation or Miller's potential and documented issues and reputation I will take Kane
It’s not even close as far as I’m concerned, absolutely I would take Evander over him. Deangelo too. They’re at least definitively good at NHL-level hockey

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Preeeeety sure it was Seguin ALLEGEDLY sleeping with someone that got him traded but I digress
Sure, we all heard that. However, if we compare these two situations, which one of these actions is a person more likely to do? Have an intimate relationship with someone or sadistically torture and torment another human being for years?

As long as Seguin didn't commit a crime with his actions, it's hard for me to see a problem with lawful adult human behaviour. It may not be nice, and Seguin might be a dirtbag, but it's a far more forgivable act than what Miller did. One of these behaviours is natural, and the other is depraved.

I don't see why management should take the risk on this guy when people with lesser flaws were cast aside as "not fitting the culture of the team." It shows it was just a facade

Reactions: Mione134

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Sure, we all heard that. However, if we compare these two situations, which one of these actions is a person more likely to do? Have an intimate relationship with someone or sadistically torture and torment another human being for years?

As long as Seguin didn't commit a crime with his actions, it's hard for me to see a problem with lawful adult human behaviour. It may not be nice, and Seguin might be a dirtbag, but it's a far more forgivable act than what Miller did. One of these behaviours is natural, and the other is depraved.

I don't see why management should take the risk on this guy when people with lesser flaws were cast aside as "not fitting the culture of the team." It shows it was just a facade
Only thing I can think of is now feeling a little desperate for young talent with the Bergeron/Krejci era coming close to an end, where as not so much back then idk. But it’s not like they needed this kid, not really gonna make or break them, definitely not worth this mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad