Management UNEDITED - Don Sweeney addresses the media on Mitchell Miller signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
He already gave his interview to the media.

I'm the last person to defend DS but this is getting ridiculous.

Lets get back to rooting for guys on the ice

I root for the guys.
but you are wrong. All his players were interviewed about it today. In Toronto with Canadian media. Sweeney took the cowards way out.

Mountain

Mar 16, 2011
Quincy, MA
Between Bettmans comments and how the players reacted today in the media, this is a fireable offense for Sweeney and Neely imo but it won't happen

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
I'm all for 2nd chances and not burying someone who made a mistake at 14. And don't get me wrong, it was an awful mistake and situation he did, but I will allow for him to reform himself. Obviously if he stays, he has to be kept on the tightest of leashes. If he looks at someone funny, I would get rid of him

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
This started when he was in 1st grade. Stop saying it was one incident. It was MULTIPLE incidents over MANY years

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I’m honestly sickened that Bergeron had to answer for this and it’s a lot of added BS the pro club didn’t need

I blame the front office for future losses

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
league has final say on all contracts.
Sure, that makes sense. But does Sweeney need to ask the league for approval of the signing beforehand? Because that’s what the statement makes it sound like. We can rip Sweeney all over for this signing, but I’m just kinda curious about the procedure. He has obviously signed players before and knows the process.

Maybe it’s because of the circumstances of his being released by Arizona.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Sure, that makes sense. But does Sweeney need to ask the league for approval of the signing beforehand? Because that’s what the statement makes it sound like. We can rip Sweeney all over for this signing, but I’m just kinda curious about the procedure. He has obviously signed players before and knows the process.

Maybe it’s because of the circumstances of his being released by Arizona.

heres where something is very weird. Every contract must be certified by the league to be valid.
So did they announce before certification? Typically never done.
Did league certify and tell them sure but hes not playing in nhl?
Did league certify, say nothing, then back track when shit hit the fan?

Those are my questions.

But the process is league certified to be valid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad