Management UNEDITED - Don Sweeney addresses the media on Mitchell Miller signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
@CrazyMonkey1208

Unless they hide the "delete my account" button that most normal message boards give their users. Then again those are places that celebrate free will and not a quasi nanny-state. Enjoy being censored

Yes a website you have the choice to use or not use is equivalent to a nanny state.

They can establish whatever rules they want and you agree to them when you signed up.

Maybe try Parler or 4chan. Might be more your speed.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

Sending St. Patrice to do damage control

Already. He already has to answer questions about what was a f***ing brain dead, tone deaf signing.

He’s clearly not for it.

The thing is, if he says “I don’t like it” - he’s openly going against management. If he says he’s “cool with it” then it looks absolutely awful.

f***ing hell, what a mess.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Same way I think Bergy ,but I think you have lost some fans on here for thinking like this. So does Bergy have to go guys and girls?

I‘d hope that regardless of where any of us stand on this situation, we can appreciate the absolutely unfair position PB and every player was put in by Sweeney and Neely.

There is no easy answer in real life, without the anonymity that message boards provide.

He simply can’t say “I/we thought it was a terrible idea“…because of the enormous amount of play that would get, which would be a huge distraction.

He also can’t say….I/we’re 100% on board with giving the kid a chance…for the exact same reason.

They are all in a no-win situation…..stupidly placed there by management.

Jockularity

Jan 17, 2019
Same way I think Bergy ,but I think you have lost some fans on here for thinking like this. So does Bergy have to go guys and girls?
What do you mean? He states, " As a person and as a team we stand for integrity, inclusion and diversity. So that was the first thing out of my mouth. It goes against what we are as a culture and as a team."

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
He has a point ,so do you still like Bergy?

I personally want to see the whole video and not a snippet.

Bergeron says he's "been told" about all the work that Miller has been putting in.

If he was told this by Sweeney, I wouldn't believe it since him and Cam have already lied about this situation.

Really depends on where he's heard about all this hard work. Is it the same stuff we have heard about or is he privvy to things that aren't public about the work he's doing?

Reactions: Slurpeelover27

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Already. He already has to answer questions about what was a f***ing brain dead, tone deaf signing.

He’s clearly not for it.

The thing is, if he says “I don’t like it” - he’s openly going against management. If he says he’s “cool with it” then it looks absolutely awful.

f***ing hell, what a mess.
No he said what he did was terrible but maybe the kid deserves a second chance.

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Bergy could of easily said "I'm not doing this". But he is our leader and our captain so of course he's gonna speak. The players are put in an uncomfortable position right now.

This is a headache none of us needed. But here we are. This story ain't going away. Not by a long shot. 😩

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

Sending St. Patrice to do damage control

Oh my f***.

Of course they did.

I don’t know. I may have to tune out for a bit. That’s how I’m feeling right now.

Full disclosure: I can’t watch this interview. Not the substance, but the act of trotting the universally adored Bergy out there to soften the narrative.

This breaks my heart.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I'm just gonna ignore that he's affiliated with our organization. Again, I do hope he's changed and done the work, but I'd rather him not wear our jersey. He could be Orr or Wayne Gretzky and I'd still not want to associate myself with him. Again. I believe and have seen people change. It happens. But I don't think we need to be the team that gives this kid an opportunity. Just not worth the headache.

What I hear there is:

This is my last year in Boston. Even if he feels like he can physically play another year, he's done.

F*^k you Sweeney
F#@k you Neely

You just ruined the best Bruins team/season in recent memory.

This is a crazy overreaction honestly. I think some should log off on here and get your minds off this. Watch a good movie. Bake some cookies. Don't let this situation have any affect on you. It's not worth it. He may be in the organization. But he's not a Bruin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad