OT: Under Construction

Status
Not open for further replies.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
We, folks, you almost lost me. I had a nasty little health scare and am recuperating at St. Thomas Midtown. Colitis was the diagnosis and for you medical types I came in with a white count of over 22,000. Had I not been living in 2019, I'd have probably been a goner. I'm feeling pretty good. Doc days I'll probably be released tomorrow.

Oh my, I don't look at this thread often and now a month later I see your post. How are you doing now? Best wishes.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Oh my, I don't look at this thread often and now a month later I see your post. How are you doing now? Best wishes.
Thanks! I am at about 90-95%. My doc says it will probably be after New Year's when I'm fully healed, but I'm almost back to feeling normal. (Un)fortunately I gained back the 7 lbs. I lost. Ha!

Reactions: Jonesey and LCPreds

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
I have to admit that Cracker Barrel grilled rainbow trout is really good. 2 fillets, corn, carrots and fried apples for desert is about 750 cal. add the biscuits and easily go over 1000. even more for corn muffins.

Always a go-to dinner that is usually just outside any motel I stay at for Preds games, actually about any motel along the interstate.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I ate ONE meal at Cracker Barrel and it met almost ALL of my nutrition needs. Damn.
I hear that. I'm only supposed to have 1200 calories -- or exercise more and that is not going to happen consistently. I can get almost that much with corn muffins and okra! Sodium will go over, for sure.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I hear that. I'm only supposed to have 1200 calories -- or exercise more and that is not going to happen consistently. I can get almost that much with corn muffins and okra! Sodium will go over, for sure.

But cracker barrel is gooood

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Bad news: with that trade war, and growing tensions at the HK/SZ border, wife's company is pulling out of their lab deal in SZ so we will not be living in China for a year.

Good news: The company has new deals to build in Copenhagen and Toronto, so although not immediately, we should be going to one of those cities instead!

I know about a company that has some business dealings in Shenzhen. Another company there wants to build a new facility in a third country, like Malaysia or Indonesia, for business expansion. They can't just cut and run, so your wife's company is doing the right thing, even if it is a big disappointment.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Bad news: with that trade war, and growing tensions at the HK/SZ border, wife's company is pulling out of their lab deal in SZ so we will not be living in China for a year.

Good news: The company has new deals to build in Copenhagen and Toronto, so although not immediately, we should be going to one of those cities instead!
I know it's disappointing but either of the alternatives sounds great. A friend of mine regularly spent time in Copenhagen on business and liked that part of his job a lot!

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I know it's disappointing but either of the alternatives sounds great. A friend of mine regularly spent time in Copenhagen on business and liked that part of his job a lot!

It will be a lot easier anyway as far as communicating goes, though I did pick up quite a bit of Mandarin already and learned a lot about China, so I think we'll go visit in the near future regardless.

Reactions: Adz

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I know someone posted a one page pdf of the schedule somewhere on the boards ( @Jonesey I think) and now I can't find it. Could you post it again?
Maybe there should be a sticky thread set up for stuff like that. I'd use it, for sure!

Reactions: Jonesey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad