OT: Under Construction

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
I followed the appolorealtime.org site. There are lots of slow periods but it is cool to hear the chatter from various sources, Mission Control, the astronauts etc. CNN ran the Apollo 11 movie I think.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I followed the appolorealtime.org site. There are lots of slow periods but it is cool to hear the chatter from various sources, Mission Control, the astronauts etc. CNN ran the Apollo 11 movie I think.

On Saturday, the BBC had a bunch of space programming. They started with the usual series of the various Star Trek TV shows. Then it was some old CBS news shows with the Walter Cronkite coverage of Apollo 11. They had some movies like Space Cowboys etc. I skipped the movies.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Yeah I would have thought the American networks, CBS at least, would ha e done something similar. It's not like there is a bunch of must see programming on network TV on Saturday night in July.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Here's my random off topic note. 9/11 was on a Tuesday morning. Monday night football the night before was a late game between Giants and Broncos. I wonder how many Giants fans who worked in the towers were like nah I'm taking Tuesday off/ coming in late

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Maybe, but looking at the box score it ended around 10:20 their time--and it was an away game so they'd be watching on TV. I would guess people on Eastern time are pretty used to being up that late since their primetime doesn't end and late news doesn't start til 11. (Or that's the way it was when I lived in Virginia) But since it was the first game, it's possible.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Well, I just got around to looking at non STH prices for Preds tix. Yikes. Observations:

I could find no differentiation between a ticket for a weekend, first night, random weekday night in October for my particular seats and few if any for other sections. I looked at some of the sections I used to sit plus the seats I sit in now. This does NOT include fees, which was $3/ticket last year.

For 315 -- $114.
For 329 -- $74 - 84.
For 104 -- $194 - $204
For 219 -- $174

I could see that being an opening night price or the Saturday price, but a Tuesday night in October with no special giveaway? That's crazy. I'm sure they're moving tickets to resellers for much less so I would avoid the box office til I checked other sites.
As a reference point, I pay approximately $100 less for a FST in 219. The other sections were too long ago to be valid comparisons.

That said, my price for parking was the same, so that was nice.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
And this is why I sit at home and watch the games now. By the time I buy two tickets, plus parking, plus because of the distance we drive dinner as well. Just can't justify it.

This is actually why I'm glad we upped to full season a few years back. It lets us limit our games to the specific ones we want, sell the ones we don't, and get in for a discounted rate even if not making a profit on the ones we sell. Granted it's still more expensive than it was 10 years ago but hell so is basically everything, especially in Nashville.

We were super fortunate in a way though. We did our conversion from half to full during the SCF season. Before the madness. Insanely lucky timing.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
FWIW my friend was able to find nosebleed seats for $45 via Vivid Seats while the lowest amount available to me to buy "any" ticket was $74. He also wonders if it's sustainable. He isn't going to pay even the $45 for a nosebleed seat on a random Tuesday night in February and he's been a Preds fan almost as long as I have! My guess is after the presales the amounts may lower a bit with demand, but if they don't they'll only be getting those who want to be seen, not those who have a true interest in the game.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Well, I just got around to looking at non STH prices for Preds tix. Yikes. Observations:

I could find no differentiation between a ticket for a weekend, first night, random weekday night in October for my particular seats and few if any for other sections. I looked at some of the sections I used to sit plus the seats I sit in now. This does NOT include fees, which was $3/ticket last year.

For 315 -- $114.
For 329 -- $74 - 84.
For 104 -- $194 - $204
For 219 -- $174

I could see that being an opening night price or the Saturday price, but a Tuesday night in October with no special giveaway? That's crazy. I'm sure they're moving tickets to resellers for much less so I would avoid the box office til I checked other sites.
As a reference point, I pay approximately $100 less for a FST in 219. The other sections were too long ago to be valid comparisons.

That said, my price for parking was the same, so that was nice.

When I was there in 2016, our seats in 204 were $75 each IIRC. Section 219 is similar, just across the end. It was the Tuesday after Easter vs Colorado.

It is hard to believe that prices went up that much in three years!

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
When I was there in 2016, our seats in 204 were $75 each IIRC. Section 219 is similar, just across the end. It was the Tuesday after Easter vs Colorado.

It is hard to believe that prices went up that much in three years!

You DO realize that is the price for the team staying. We loved the days when it was cheap but now the team is telling the city, 'Don't worry about the arena and money.' we got this! The team is building rinks. You can't have your cake and eat it too

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
You DO realize that is the price for the team staying. We loved the days when it was cheap but now the team is telling the city, 'Don't worry about the arena and money.' we got this! The team is building rinks. You can't have your cake and eat it too
Yeah but this is also the reason you've started to see the comments about the place not being the same. The price of admission has changed the fan base, much fewer of us rowdy cheapos.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
The team or you? :)
Not me, I'm just as rabid a fan as I always was, I just can't afford to be there anymore, and I'm not the only one. It's more corporate suits and rich people now, which is a different group than the old rowdy college fan days the arena had. Even the last couple of times I went I kept waiting for things to get going and it just wasn't there.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Not me, I'm just as rabid a fan as I always was, I just can't afford to be there anymore, and I'm not the only one. It's more corporate suits and rich people now, which is a different group than the old rowdy college fan days the arena had. Even the last couple of times I went I kept waiting for things to get going and it just wasn't there.

Ah the classic quandary of sports economics. TO be successful you need $, to get $ you service the people who have $...who tend to be quieter than church mice. Basic crap of supply/demand

Reactions: adsfan

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
We, folks, you almost lost me. I had a nasty little health scare and am recuperating at St. Thomas Midtown. Colitis was the diagnosis and for you medical types I came in with a white count of over 22,000. Had I not been living in 2019, I'd have probably been a goner. I'm feeling pretty good. Doc days I'll probably be released tomorrow.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
We, folks, you almost lost me. I had a nasty little health scare and am recuperating at St. Thomas Midtown. Colitis was the diagnosis and for you medical types I came in with a white count of over 22,000. Had I not been living in 2019, I'd have probably been a goner. I'm feeling pretty good. Doc days I'll probably be released tomorrow.
:eek2:
Best wishes on a speedy recovery... and any treatments beyond.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Yikes, hope everything gets back to normal and you get to doing better, that's scary.

We had a guy at work this morning who we think might have been having a stroke. Sometimes it can come quick.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

Sorry to hear that Adz.

I wish you a speedy recovery!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad