OT: Under Construction

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
I'm a degenerate :(

(Let me take shots at Jonesey when he's not a sponsor although he's a mod, that'll show him)

Reactions: Jonesey

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I fully agree to being a degenerate but Jonesy is a wanker for not maning up in his World Hockey Manager. YOU ARE LETTING THE TEAM DOWN!!!!!!

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
The title of this thread is giving me panic attacks and twitching fits because of an unusually strong season for the other state wildflower up here.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
So I follow a comic strip, Luann, being old and behind the times, and today's installment had the crew learning they were "going to Vegas" for a wedding in August. I am way too entrenched in hockey. My first thought was "but that's the off season, what will they do?"

Reactions: PredsV82 and Viqsi

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
So.. I'm starting my military service tomorrow. I'm probably not going to see a lot of games and won't be posting too much for the coming season, but still trying to see as much Preds hockey as I can.
Interesting storylines all around, the main one for me being Saros vs Rinne. I think Saros is ready for actual #1 minutes, stretches and I would like to see more games for him and possibly an even-ish split with Pekka playing a little bit more. Pekka is on the last year of his 7 year deal and he has to deliver in order to be the main guy for 2-3 more years at the maximum.

Turris had decent production but had somewhere close to 20 games without a point towards the end of the season and had a bad playoff showcase to top it off.
'Bounceback' year for him? Will Fiala finally break out to be a real difference maker from a 40 point middle 6 forward to a top line forward who just happens to play on the 2nd line? Will Tolvanen show that he has the skills to make his mark in the NHL?

Meh. We can just wait for the results to roll in. And not be too judgmental if the results aren't the best they could be.

Enjoy this little interview with PK Subban by a couple of Finnish dudes making a series of all of the Finns in the league, essentially traveling around meeting them. Sometimes they get to talk to some superstars and PK is being an absolute class act here, along with how he gives some background info to him and how he conducts himself. (starts at 2:27 if it doesn't automatically go to it)

Banner will be raised. Let's hope we will be raising the Cup as well!

Last edited:

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
uhh, i think he's going into the finnish army lol.

Ramstein. Flew into and out of there a time or two 101. Always liked Germany, except for all the damn germans there.

Reactions: PredsV82

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
uhh, i think he's going into the finnish army lol.

Ramstein. Flew into and out of there a time or two 101. Always liked Germany, except for all the damn germans there.
Finns train with us quite a bit now. My old PSG is in 2CR and they were in Finland doing a joint excercise not too long ago. I guess it's possible Finns could go to Germany to train at Grafen or something.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Unless CINC pulls us out because Merkel has a bigger set of b.... um, er... nevermind... not the politics board..
I think Germany would kick Merkel to the curb before they kicked out the Army. She isn't very popular in Germany at the moment due to her immigration decisions.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
I think Germany would kick Merkel to the curb before they kicked out the Army. She isn't very popular in Germany at the moment due to her immigration decisions.

Germany isnt kicking anyone out, Trump apparently threatened to relocate the troops because of disagreements with Merkel

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Not to derail the much more important topic of soldiers serving their countries, but I just wanted to mention that I had my first meaningful job interview out here in Seattle today. Fingers crossed that it ends well. I think it's a good fit, let's hope they feel the same. It's way too expensive here to be unemployed too long.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Not to derail the much more important topic of soldiers serving their countries, but I just wanted to mention that I had my first meaningful job interview out here in Seattle today. Fingers crossed that it ends well. I think it's a good fit, let's hope they feel the same. It's way too expensive here to be unemployed too long.
You moved out there without a job? Wow! I thought you were moving out there FOR a job. Well, good luck to you!

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
You moved out there without a job? Wow! I thought you were moving out there FOR a job. Well, good luck to you!
Haha no it was by choice. I needed a change again and I didn't want to go back to California anymore. Plus my two best friends live here so why not? I can't tell if they didn't like me or if it was obvious to them they plan to hire me once the background checks pass. I had the initial phone interview last week then in person today. It was kinda odd. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad