OT: Under Construction

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I've said in the past that I really have no idea, literally, what it's like to win a title in something. For the most part.

My favorite teams are:
NHL: Preds (no franchise titles)
MLB: Padres (no franchise titles), distant second team: Mariners (no franchise titles)
NFL: Chargers (no franchise titles) or Titans (no franchise titles)
NBA: Was a Sonics fan and they won one 6 years before I was born but then the travesty known as the OKC Thunder happened so that's irrelevant anyway. Became a Clippers fan after (no franchise titles)
MLS: I guess if there's a title to be had, it was in 2016 when my favorite team, the Sounders, won the MLS Cup but that's a little different. Will likely switch over to Nashville when they start.
NCAA: I went to Western Kentucky and we'll never win on a national level so there's that.

GO TEAM!

NHL: Preds (no titles)
AHL: Admirals (1 title, lost another)
MLB: Brewers (no titles but damn if this franchise doesn't love to talk about how close they came in 1982 which is just about the most annoying thing ever)
NFL: Packers (2 titles. Funny story when they won Super Bowl XXXI I was just sort of getting into football and they won that game fairly easily and they went back the next year so my 10 year old self is going oh this will be easy and we're going to win again. Of course my dad helps this feeling by saying we're huge favorites. Never even crossed my mind that they might lose. Oops.)
NBA: I was a Bucks fan but was so beaten down by their decades long incompetence. They now seem to be maybe competent again.
NCAA: Badgers. Well, the basketball team had a couple of years that I never really thought they'd have. I'm waiting for the hockey team to pull their heads out of their asses. Football might sneak into the playoffs once in a blue moon but probably won't have the talent to win.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I'm spoiled in sports. Now I'm back working in sports selling packages at Watkins Glen International. So, uh, if y'all wanna see a NASCAR race in NY wine country give me a call. LOL

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Yesterday my friend said he drove by Fiala walking his dog. Then like 10 minutes ago he said he's at Nordstrom's and just saw Arvy. What are the odds

(complete coincidence, he has zero desire to make anything like that up)

Last edited:

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Yesterday my friend said he drove by Fiala walking his dog. Then like 10 minutes ago he said he's at Nordstrom's and just saw Arvy. What are the odds

(complete coincidence, he has zero desire to make anything like that up)
I think he must live on the right side of town. Don't see too many celebrities in Hermitage, although one time I saw Steve McNair at the brooms (or rakes? tools with long handles anyway) at Lowe's. I think he had some property over in Wilson County. Hilary Scott (female in Lady Antebellum) used to live down the street from us when she was a kid. Her mother was in Reba McEntire's ensemble so we would see the limousine come to pick her up. No hockey players, though. :-(

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I think he must live on the right side of town. Don't see too many celebrities in Hermitage, although one time I saw Steve McNair at the brooms (or rakes? tools with long handles anyway) at Lowe's. I think he had some property over in Wilson County. Hilary Scott (female in Lady Antebellum) used to live down the street from us when she was a kid. Her mother was in Reba McEntire's ensemble so we would see the limousine come to pick her up. No hockey players, though. :-(
He lives in Mt Juliet near me (I blend MJ and Hermitage together) but his girlfriend lives near Vandy more or less so they went over to Green Hills today. Seeing Fiala was a coincidence of him driving through for work though. Judging from where he was walking his dog on Demonbreun our assumption is he lives in The Gulch. (Bold guess I know)

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
He lives in Mt Juliet near me (I blend MJ and Hermitage together) but his girlfriend lives near Vandy more or less so they went over to Green Hills today. Seeing Fiala was a coincidence of him driving through for work though. Judging from where he was walking his dog on Demonbreun our assumption is he lives in The Gulch. (Bold guess I know)

Sweet that's where my aunt and uncle live.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Arvidsson lives in Mt. Juliet?
What is wrong with him? Getting the same house for half the money? Pshaw. Rookie move. (Good for him)

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
The lead singer of Paramore was at the Old Hickory Steakhouse when I was there a year or two ago.

Reactions: Adz

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Hopefully you have this years flu and will be immune the rest of the year, and not last years flu with the chance that you could get it again this winter:eek:

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
My friend and her daughter both have hand, foot, and mouth disease and I'm not entirely sure I'm not fighting it off myself. I have all the signs but the blisters, which apparently dont always show up. Definitely not feeling well whatever it is.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Yuck! Hope you all get better!

One thing I have to say about Hilary Scott that I referenced earlier--she was a very sweet kid. Even though her mom was somewhat famous and she was in the older class in a split grade class, she was as down to earth as they come. Polite, friendly...she's the kind of kid you wish all the kids in the class could be. It surprised me that she ended up becoming famous--never would have seen it coming back then. Too normal!

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I'd go with the 3 OT win insofar as how excited I was by it, but this one is definitely up there.
Yeah that's a tough one. Until our Cup run I completely agreed with that but since, I can't help but go back to those playoffs. I don't hear it mentioned a whole lot but my 2nd favorite game may have been game 3 against Pittsburgh. Obviously, like the 3OT game, it's kind of an empty memory because we lost the series, but the feeling we all had at that point along with the atmosphere all day long in the city before the beat down we gave them was incredible.

Reactions: Adz

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Obviously, like the 3OT game, it's kind of an empty memory because we lost the series, but the feeling we all had at that point along with the atmosphere all day long in the city before the beat down we gave them was incredible.
My son came home from Japan to go to the Final--he got in SO much trouble for that-- and after that win I remember walking around the city just basking in the feeling. He took video to show his students what he was experiencing. Yeah, that one is way up there on the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad