OT: Under Construction

Status
Not open for further replies.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Several years ago I worked with a guy who got 4 hours or less of sleep a night. He was the most alert and well-rested than anyone I worked with at that place. Trump is also famous for this. Science actually calls these people short sleepers. 1-2% of the population can get by on a short amount of sleep and be fine.

I used to get 5-6 hours at most for the longest time when I was in my 20s. I was definitely sleep deprived during that time though. These days I have to get plenty of sleep. I acquired a chronic illness a few years ago and if I don't sleep upwards of eight hours I become crazy symptomatic.

Thomas Edison slept 4 or 5 hours a night, every night. He said that was how he got so much done. He also slept on his lab bench to save on transit time back and forth to his home. He had 6 kids, one of whom lived to be 104. Edison died at 84 of complications from diabetes.

I can get by with 5 hours of sleep for one night. When I was younger, I could do 2 nights like that in a row. Typical for me is 6 - 7 hours.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
This neighbor always wakes me up

upload_2018-10-26_21-0-50.png

Reactions: Adz

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
The Haunting of Hill House is the greatest achievement in the history of streaming productions. Honestly, everyone should watch it not just people who enjoy a good ghost story.

It is 80% drama and 20% ghosts.

If you have ever lost someone or experienced trauma, it's an amazing story. Episode 6 in particular is a masterpiece of artistic direction.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
The Haunting of Hill House is the greatest achievement in the history of streaming productions. Honestly, everyone should watch it not just people who enjoy a good ghost story.

If you have ever lost someone or experienced trauma, it's an amazing story. Episode 6 in particular is a masterpiece of artistic direction.
Currently watching episode 3....it's solid!

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I've been watching 3% on Netflix. I'm intrigued by the story, but also by the fact that Wil Wheaton has a twin in Brazil. I keep checking the cast, still isn't him!

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015

It's a very sad show. Has a few scary moments too. The one in the 2nd to last episode....I'm sure you know which one I'm talking about. Woof.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I am taking inventory of how awesome my sports fandom has been for me. I have been feeling like crap and I took a 19 year assessment of the 3 big teams I root for: Preds, Pats, Sawx.

Preds: 11 playoff seasons out of 18. (became a fan in 2002)
Red Sox: 10 playoffs out of 19. 4 WS
Pats: 15 out of 19, 5 SB

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I am taking inventory of how awesome my sports fandom has been for me. I have been feeling like crap and I took a 19 year assessment of the 3 big teams I root for: Preds, Pats, Sawx.

Bandwagoner. ;) But you do need an SC on that list. Soon.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015

Mine have one title and I was barely old enough to remember it. Vols 1998.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Yeah I'm kinda spoiled on sports teams winning championships. I have been alive and remember 5 NCAA basketball titles and 3 World Series. I was also a Dolphis fan as a kid and into my 20s and remember their 2 Super Bowls. So I can hope to add a Cup or two to that list before I croak...

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Yeah I'm kinda spoiled on sports teams winning championships. I have been alive and remember 5 NCAA basketball titles and 3 World Series. I was also a Dolphis fan as a kid and into my 20s and remember their 2 Super Bowls. So I can hope to add a Cup or two to that list before I croak...
I've said in the past that I really have no idea, literally, what it's like to win a title in something. For the most part.

My favorite teams are:
NHL: Preds (no franchise titles)
MLB: Padres (no franchise titles), distant second team: Mariners (no franchise titles)
NFL: Chargers (no franchise titles) or Titans (no franchise titles)
NBA: Was a Sonics fan and they won one 6 years before I was born but then the travesty known as the OKC Thunder happened so that's irrelevant anyway. Became a Clippers fan after (no franchise titles)
MLS: I guess if there's a title to be had, it was in 2016 when my favorite team, the Sounders, won the MLS Cup but that's a little different. Will likely switch over to Nashville when they start.
NCAA: I went to Western Kentucky and we'll never win on a national level so there's that.

GO TEAM!

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
NCAAF: Buckeyes; two National Championships (2002, 2014) and more B1G championships than I can count
NHL: Blue Jackets ( :laugh: ) and Preds (already well covered here)
MLS: Crew SC; one MLS Cup (2008), three Supporter's Shields (2004, 2008, 2009), and hopefully we'll actually get to keep them now

I frankly don't bother with baseball or basketball. And if I had an NFL team (I don't really follow them) it'd be the Browns and, well, yeah. So I know what success looks like, and maybe someday I'll see it in hockey form. :nod: :thumbu:

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
NCAAF: Buckeyes; two National Championships (2002, 2014) and more B1G championships than I can count
NHL: Blue Jackets ( :laugh: ) and Preds (already well covered here)
MLS: Crew SC; one MLS Cup (2008), three Supporter's Shields (2004, 2008, 2009), and hopefully we'll actually get to keep them now

I frankly don't bother with baseball or basketball. And if I had an NFL team (I don't really follow them) it'd be the Browns and, well, yeah. So I know what success looks like, and maybe someday I'll see it in hockey form. :nod: :thumbu:
Did that whole Austin thing blow up in smoke or what happened exactly? I know MLS isn't mainstream so I don't stumble on a lot of info about it but I heard something recently that made it sound like they were staying.

(and before people say this is better suited for the other sports thread, you're probably right but nothing kills a conversation like moving it. it'll end soon)

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Did that whole Austin thing blow up in smoke or what happened exactly? I know MLS isn't mainstream so I don't stumble on a lot of info about it but I heard something recently that made it sound like they were staying.

(and before people say this is better suited for the other sports thread, you're probably right but nothing kills a conversation like moving it. it'll end soon)
Jimmy Haslam stepped up and is offering to buy the team and keep them here, and MLS is all "yeah sure we like this idea". It's not yet a done deal, but it has a lot of the #SaveTheCrew crowd celebrating. (I'm holding off until it's finalized. ;) )

It helps that PSV's work with the City of Austin has arguably set records for sheer incompetence. And the fact that our state AG is sticking to a lawsuit brought under what's colloquially known as the Art Modell Law ("no relocations of publicly-funded teams unless you warn folks in advance and give locals a chance to buy").

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I've said in the past that I really have no idea, literally, what it's like to win a title in something. For the most part.

My favorite teams are:
NHL: Preds (no franchise titles)
MLB: Padres (no franchise titles), distant second team: Mariners (no franchise titles)
NFL: Chargers (no franchise titles) or Titans (no franchise titles)
NBA: Was a Sonics fan and they won one 6 years before I was born but then the travesty known as the OKC Thunder happened so that's irrelevant anyway. Became a Clippers fan after (no franchise titles)
MLS: I guess if there's a title to be had, it was in 2016 when my favorite team, the Sounders, won the MLS Cup but that's a little different. Will likely switch over to Nashville when they start.
NCAA: I went to Western Kentucky and we'll never win on a national level so there's that.

GO TEAM!

Western won the 1AA national title in 2002. I realize you probably weren't a student there yet but you can count it:thumbu:

(Even though as a Murray grad I cant stand WKU)

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Western won the 1AA national title in 2002. I realize you probably weren't a student there yet but you can count it:thumbu:

(Even though as a Murray grad I cant stand WKU)
Well, that's true. I was actually a senior in high school at that point trying to decide where I was going to go (chose Western over MTSU and Southern Illinois). I guess I'm used to being in FBS now which is where we'll never do anything unless maybe there's some shred of possibility to do it in basketball as a mid major.

It's funny when we were in the Sun Belt we hosted the conference tournament one year and it seemed like WKU was the most hated program in the conference (according to visiting fans and students we met who were cool). Personally I can't stand MTSU, but I don't really mind seeing them upset teams in the tournament.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006

We have watched two episodes so far. My wife won't watch anymore because she says it gives her nightmares lol. I'll break her down and get her to watch.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I didn't even count college because I went to 4 LOL!

My first and main college: New England College is Small. My community college: Corning Community College is a damn good CC.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Apparently we have a 7pm home game the Sunday at the end of Thanksgiving weekend. Sellout streak over.
Maybe so. I checked my ticket account and there are very few sections already sold out. I checked what was available in a few sections and they all had 3 or more, one had quite a few.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Maybe so. I checked my ticket account and there are very few sections already sold out. I checked what was available in a few sections and they all had 3 or more, one had quite a few.
Yeah that's like, the most lackadaisical day of the year, much less night. Everyone just hangs out, exhausted, and prepares for Monday after the long holiday weekend and all its craziness

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
If ever there should be a 2pm puck drop it's the Sunday after Thanksgiving. I would think that even those who hate afternoon game starts would agree.

Reactions: predfan98

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
If ever there should be a 2pm puck drop it's the Sunday after Thanksgiving. I would think that even those who hate afternoon game starts would agree.
The issue with that is throwing a game out there on NFL Sunday. I know it's happened here before but it's not terribly ideal. Better than 7pm though. I remember a few years ago we played either the Flyers or Devils on a Sunday afternoon during NFL season and admittedly I chose not to go. I probably would now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad