OT: Under Construction

Status
Not open for further replies.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Thanksgiving memories .....

This is awesome. And that style of hockey before that play was as well. I miss that. A lot. That was why I became a fan. I dont like how the game has changed.

I miss the Sean averys , Nicholas lidstrom, Patel daysuk, Tim Thomas, etc. oh that Russian goalie philosopher, his name escapes me. Thank goodness subban has some personality.

Too bad the preds don't still do that series where you get to know little quirky or everyday things about the players.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Some idiot put 7.5 million in cash in a safe and then put it in a storage unit and didnt pay the rent and the contents of the unit were sold for $500.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
What the hell is that silly country song with the animated music video and some of the characters in it are Preds players? It's something about drinking too much on Broadway.

Reactions: PredsV82

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
What the hell is that silly country song with the animated music video and some of the characters in it are Preds players? It's something about drinking too much on Broadway.
Um, that was my idea.

For real. Hunter Hayes One Shot. They came to us and the decision was to make it hockey players instead of a cycle gang. Because that would be trite and Smashville, right? So they turned to the resident hockey expert and I came up with the name, the idea for the logo, and the main player to depict, Ryan Ellis.

Last edited:

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box

I'm pretty sure Adz's company did the animation for that one.

Edit... yeah, see above..

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
So...you love it, right?
I do like it. I was trying to remember it to show my friend. I kept thinking Sam Smith because I don't know much about country and I thought there was some kind of matching initals in his name. Well done.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I do like it. I was trying to remember it to show my friend. I kept thinking Sam Smith because I don't know much about country and I thought there was some kind of matching initals in his name. Well done.
When I first started seeing sketches I was surprised that we were doing a country video with hockey as a main part of the theme. Of course NDA meant I couldn't say anything til it went live. Not much of a country fan but this is more just a guy singing a catchy song.

As Money Lady, I'm not usually part of the creative team. After saying to use Ellis as the model I was sweating it a little til he signed the extension. I knew he wouldn't be gone but I didn't want it to launch and people be a little perturbed by him, either. But I thought his beard would make him easily recognizable by those in the know and a burly guy to anyone else, you know, the stereotype.

Magnetic Dreams did the entire animation in about a month. It was a labor of love and quite involved!
The team is the Nashville Catflingers, in case you can't read it.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
So yeah, the new posting box at the top of the page is not cool.

Edit: Apparently it was like a 10 minute thing or something.

Last edited:

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Odd thing of the day: a cashier at the local Safeway here in Mesa recognized my Preds wallet and actually commented to me about last night's game.
My sister was at a conference in Florida (tough life) and another conference attendee was from Winnipeg. They talked hockey, Preds/Jets and Lower Broad. One of my longtime coworkers just moved to Colorado and his first slack to me since moving "How bout those Avs?" Believe me, even 3 years ago (maybe 3 months, come to think of it) he wouldn't have known anything about either team.

It's a whole new world.

Reactions: hockey diva

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
If you have any interest in Preds memorabilia that has been framed or otherwise displayed, I went into a shop in Donelson that has that sort of thing, among others. I saw a framed Mazanec jersey, pucks of all sorts, photo of Shea Weber and Ryan $uter from the olympics, 3D printings of the sabertooth tiger (guy that runs the place said one signed by the entire team was auctioned off for charity and got over $5000) and there was a jersey or jacket hanging up that I didn't get to check out--it was an older model. It's called Robin's Gallery. It's mainly a frame shop but has Tennessee made items and artwork. It has been there for almost 40 years but today was the first time I'd ventured inside. Funny he knew all about MY company and what we did. I thought we hid ourselves better than that.

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
If you have any interest in Preds memorabilia that has been framed or otherwise displayed, I went into a shop in Donelson that has that sort of thing, among others. I saw a framed Mazanec jersey, pucks of all sorts, photo of Shea Weber and Ryan $uter from the olympics, 3D printings of the sabertooth tiger (guy that runs the place said one signed by the entire team was auctioned off for charity and got over $5000) and there was a jersey or jacket hanging up that I didn't get to check out--it was an older model. It's called Robin's Gallery. It's mainly a frame shop but has Tennessee made items and artwork. It has been there for almost 40 years but today was the first time I'd ventured inside. Funny he knew all about MY company and what we did. I thought we hid ourselves better than that.

Maybe he lurks the boards or did in the old days...

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Maybe he lurks the boards or did in the old days...
Maybe, it didn't come up. He had a Boston Red Sox uni in there too, which may have been one of Mookie's so I noticed that, too. Had a few Titans things, as well, but Preds were definitely the frontrunner in the collectible items.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Maybe, it didn't come up. He had a Boston Red Sox uni in there too, which may have been one of Mookie's so I noticed that, too. Had a few Titans things, as well, but Preds were definitely the frontrunner in the collectible items.

It should be like that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad