GDT: UND Hockey games

Status
Not open for further replies.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
From my years of fantasy football and hockey I can't help but think of the double dipping points going on lately...Sens pick to Sens pick to back of the net.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Man I'm hearing tychonic's name a lot in this game. I guess he's getting the extra ice time he wanted in Omaha.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Man I'm hearing tychonic's name a lot in this game. I guess he's getting the extra ice time he wanted in Omaha.
He transferred because UND returned everyone and was bringing in Sanderson and Klevin. He knew he would play less this year.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Sanderson and JBD with assists on the PP 3-2 late

Absolutely idiotic all around response by Omaha. They get called for penalty with 2 minutes left and the coach starts screaming top of his lungs and then chaos on their bench ensues and they get another penalty for 5on3. Idiots shot themselves in the foot and lost the game. Never seen anything like that.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Tychonick hasn’t looked horrible. With how bad our ad is in Belleville I wouldn’t be surprised if we do sign him.

jake1

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
Absolutely idiotic all around response by Omaha. They get called for penalty with 2 minutes left and the coach starts screaming top of his lungs and then chaos on their bench ensues and they get another penalty for 5on3. Idiots shot themselves in the foot and lost the game. Never seen anything like that.
It was a 5-on-4. They called an addl misconduct, which didn't add to their shorthandedness.

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Tychonick hasn’t looked horrible. With how bad our ad is in Belleville I wouldn’t be surprised if we do sign him.

He’s still all over the place with such confusing decision making. I’d give him one more season

It was a 5-on-4. They called an addl misconduct, which didn't add to their shorthandedness.

Ohh the ticker had me real confused cause that’s what I initially thought but stream said 5on3. ND scored so fast into the PP I didn’t realize it much anyway :P

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
How are the big 4 sens prospects doing so far this year?

Couldnt have drew it up better.

Sanderson latter half of season their most valuable player. JBD was their most steady and reliable defender for half of season.

Pinto has just been excellent. Kleven is actually most surprising with how he’s progressed. He forced UND’s hand to play top 4 minutes for few games and move Sanderson to right side.

Something of importance to note... Sanderson and Pinto(their best defensive D and best defensive forward) have a total 6 penalty minutes. That’s insane and a testament to how spectacular they are in their craft. These guys are going to make this team nuts.

Also, some might be a little concerned at lack of points by some of our players, or expected more, but one also needs to remember UND is a well oiled and run machine. Everyone had a role and they are number 1 in the nation for a reason. Last night showed that JBD and Sanderson would likely be ~ PPG if they played top PP from beginning of the season.

Last edited:

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Couldnt have drew it up better.

Sanderson latter half of season their most valuable player. JBD was their most steady and reliable defender for half of season.

Pinto has just been excellent. Kleven is actually most surprising with how he’s progressed. He forced UND’s hand to play top 4 minutes for few games and move Sanderson to right side.

Something of importance to note... Sanderson and Pinto(their best defensive D and best defensive forward) have a total 6 penalty minutes. That’s insane and a testament to how spectacular they are in their craft. These guys are going to make this team nuts.

Also, some might be a little concerned at lack of points by some of our players, or expected more, but one also needs to remember UND is a well oiled and run machine. Everyone had a role and they are number 1 in the nation for a reason. Last night showed that JBD and Sanderson would likely be ~ PPG if they played top PP from beginning of the season.

Is it likely that all 4 sign in Ottawa next year?

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Is it likely that all 4 sign in Ottawa next year?

JBD and Pinto are basically shoe-ins. Kleven is playing at least another year. He has raw top 4 or higher potential. They’ll give him all the time he needs in UND, ideally two more seasons.

Sanderson is the biggest question mark. He could play in our bottom pair now. But also could benefit h u g e playing as the number one guy for UND next year and possibly captaining USA as their number 1 guy too. He’s PPG for und in last 8 games and clearly their best defensive d. One could only imagine the benefits of his offensive growth next year as the top PP option. UND looks to have some good returners so it’d be nice.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
JBD and Pinto are basically shoe-ins. Kleven is playing at least another year. He has raw top 4 or higher potential. They’ll give him all the time he needs in UND, ideally two more seasons.

Sanderson is the biggest question mark. He could play in our bottom pair now. But also could benefit h u g e playing as the number one guy for UND next year and possibly captaining USA as their number 1 guy too. He’s PPG for und in last 8 games and clearly their best defensive d. One could only imagine the benefits of his offensive growth next year as the top PP option. UND looks to have some good returners so it’d be nice.

I have to wonder what kind of team UND will have next year and also if Sanderson would benefit more staying there or signing and playing 1/2 - 1 year in the AHL.. There would be temptation to put him right in the NHL and.. maybe some games would be good.. I see Drysdale is handling the AHL pretty well this year .. just fft.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I have to wonder what kind of team UND will have next year and also if Sanderson would benefit more staying there or signing and playing 1/2 - 1 year in the AHL.. There would be temptation to put him right in the NHL and.. maybe some games would be good.. I see Drysdale is handling the AHL pretty well this year .. just fft.

The AHL would probably be just as good for his development but depending what type of team we will have there next year. If Pinto, JBD and Sanderson are added, including another couple of veteran signings, with Daccord as the starter, it could be a better environment for Sanderson to develop. Especially alongside Thomson, Sokolov, Abramov etc.

UND will have Kawaguchi, Pinto, Keirdstad, Adams, JBD, Mismash all graduating/signed next year. That’s 7 of their top 9 scorers this year.

Gaiber and Weatherby look like they could have excellent years next year. Senden looks poised for good senior year as well as Caufield. Kleven as 2nd pairing with Ethan Fritsch alongside Sanderson.

Will come down to Adam Scheel, if he’s signed we could see Sanderson moving on, he’s a top goalie and could see UND regressing if he leaves before his senior year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad