GDT: UND Hockey games

Status
Not open for further replies.

jake1

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
Highly unlikely. They called him a freshman on the broadcast, so I got excited thinking he might be 18, but he's actually already 21. He ran out his junior career before moving to UND, and he wasn't exactly lighting up the USHL at 20. He's also just 5'8", 154 lbs.
While he is just too small to be much of an NHL prospect, he did in fact light up the USHL, leading it in goals last year and being named the league's Player of the Year.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I like following Scott Wheeler's rankings just to laugh at them. There is an article from 2018 where he ranks Casey Mittlestadt and Ryan Donato ahead of Makar, Chabot, Tkachuk, and many more

Also Jonathan Dahlen ahead of Noah Dobson on that list lmfao

Reactions: DJB

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
"Pinto has 15 goals and 30 points in 26 games for the Fighting Hawks, who won the NCHC's regular-season and postseason championships. In addition to the offense he brings, Pinto has been one of UND's most effective defensive players. He has won a league-high 355 faceoffs this season at a league-best 61.8 percent rate. Pinto also has taken just one minor penalty all season."

Shane Pinto named Hobey Baker Award finalist | Grand Forks Herald

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Imagine Pinto with Tkachuk & Norris as one of the two top lines being a potentially great NHL line at some point. Not a lot is said about Norris as a first yr player probably because of Jimmy being so dynamic, but this guy has been quietly very good as well, he's only two assists behind Stutzle. Tkachuk has also been great this yr & it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Pinto turns into a Calder candidate next yr.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Will be interested to see down the line who comes out better between K'andre Miller 2018 22nd OA pick, vs JBD 2018 26nd OA pick + Tychonic 2018 48nd OA pick, considering we traded 22OA for 26OA + 48OA.

Essentially adds up to Zibanejad for a magical run with Brassard (who's to say Zibanejad doesn't end up being just as good in that EK history run) + JBD + Tychonic + Gustaffson.

May not end up being a mediocre trade instead of a historic flop of a trade if 2/3 of those young guys become impact players for us (read at least middle pairing D and/or 1b goalie).

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Will be interested to see down the line who comes out better between K'andre Miller 2018 22nd OA pick, vs JBD 2018 26nd OA pick + Tychonic 2018 48nd OA pick, considering we traded 22OA for 26OA + 48OA.

Essentially adds up to Zibanejad for a magical run with Brassard (who's to say Zibanejad doesn't end up being just as good in that EK history run) + JBD + Tychonic + Gustaffson.

May not end up being a mediocre trade instead of a historic flop of a trade if 2/3 of those young guys become impact players for us (read at least middle pairing D and/or 1b goalie).
It was a bad trade even if JBD exceeds 2nd pair.

Reactions: Icelevel

R2010

May 23, 2011
Yeah, it was extremely, extremely obvious that Sanderson was out very clear cut #2. No clue how anyone could argue otherwise.

He is #2 probably but I've stopped underestimating Norris. Dude just excels at every level.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
He is #2 probably but I've stopped underestimating Norris. Dude just excels at every level.

Yes but our HF Sens top-4 was bang on

Stutzle
Sanderson
Batherson
Norris

We had Brannstrom at #5 and Logan Brown at #6 which is where it gets dicey. The following 4 were JBD, Formenton, Pinto and Greig.

Reactions: Icelevel

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
It was a bad trade even if JBD exceeds 2nd pair.
Miller was the guy i wanted with our pick prior to trading it, but I'm waiting to see how these guys (JBD in particular) turn out before calling it a bad trade. Miller wasn't without risk and i still think JBD could become a really effective player for us.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Miller was the guy i wanted with our pick prior to trading it, but I'm waiting to see how these guys (JBD in particular) turn out before calling it a bad trade. Miller wasn't without risk and i still think JBD could become a really effective player for us.
Not the trade of picks as I love JBD, the OP brought it all back to the Zibanejad trade which any way you slice it was a terrible trade. Sorry for the confusion.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Simmer saying Sanderson is returning to UND next year. Seems strange to me, negotiating tactic for bonuses ?

I will go on record as saying he leaves school at the end of his season regardless of this info.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Simmer saying Sanderson is returning to UND next year. Seems strange to me, negotiating tactic for bonuses ?

I will go on record as saying he leaves school at the end of his season regardless of this info.

Great news if true. Saves himself from potentially being rushed to the league and having his offensive game stunted because we have no depth at LD.

He'll be UND's #1 defenseman and will QB the PP next year. Will also be the #1 D for Team USA. Will be fantastic for his development.

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
Great news if true. Saves himself from potentially being rushed to the league and having his offensive game stunted because we have no depth at LD.

He'll be UND's #1 defenseman and will QB the PP next year. Will also be the #1 D for Team USA. Will be fantastic for his development.

Yeah seems like a better move for his development, that being said I'm fine if he does turn pro. He'd be coming up with guys like JBD and Pinto around which would likely help ground him.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

I mean, it is Simmer.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Yeah seems like a better move for his development, that being said I'm fine if he does turn pro. He'd be coming up with guys like JBD and Pinto around which would likely help ground him.
The shit thing about having so many rookies coming in too this past year and next year is with the whole truncated schedule, you don't have the chance to teach new comers, you don't have time to practice systems, gain chemistry.

It harms our young guys development quite a bit if they can only practice once a a week because they have 3-4 games per week, every week.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

He could have that in Belleville as well. I think he’s too good for NCAA which I think could actually stunt his development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad