GDT: UND Hockey games

Status
Not open for further replies.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Sanderson was planning on being 1 and done prior to this season. I don’t know if that plan has changed. It’s completely up to him as I doubt the Sens push him in either direction.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
That kid Sanderson,looks so good...Size,speed ,physical play and some decent developing skill...If he is what most think he is...Then we could have the best blueline sooner than most realise

jake1

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
So two different college playoffs? Does the outcome of one impact the other?
The winner of the conference playoffs, which run from March 12-16, earns an automatic bid to the NCAA tournament. Other than that, it is important for seeding for the NCAAs. By virtue of its strong season, UND is already guaranteed to qualify for the NCAAs, which run from 3/26 to 4/10.

Each tournament is single elimination, so UND has between three and eight games left. One regular season. One to three more in the conference playoffs. One to four more in the NCAAs.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
The winner of the conference playoffs, which run from March 12-16, earns an automatic bid to the NCAA tournament. Other than that, it is important for seeding for the NCAAs. By virtue of its strong season, UND is already guaranteed to qualify for the NCAAs, which run from 3/26 to 4/10.

Each tournament is single elimination, so UND has between three and eight games left. One regular season. One to three more in the conference playoffs. One to four more in the NCAAs.

That explanation was cogent af. Thanks.

Reactions: Wondercarrot

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Sanderson was planning on being 1 and done prior to this season. I don’t know if that plan has changed. It’s completely up to him as I doubt the Sens push him in either direction.

Probably gets a 9-game stint next season and hopefully sticks.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
9 games is for CHL players is it not
I think it applies to non CHL players under a certain age as well. If a player is 18 or 19 on September 15th they are eligible for the ELC slide. So Sanderson could play this season or next season as long as his total NHL games is less than 10 although this season is prorated so it might not be 10 total. Pinto could play 6 games this year and his ELC would slide. JBD burns a year with 1 game.

EDIT: Pinto is not eligible for a slide since this would be his ELC signing year and he turned 20 when he would sign.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I think it applies to non CHL players under a certain age as well. If a player is 18 or 19 on September 15th they are eligible for the ELC slide. So Sanderson could play this season or next season as long as his total NHL games is less than 10 although this season is prorated so it might not be 10 total. Pinto could play 6 games this year and his ELC would slide. JBD burns a year with 1 game.

EDIT: Pinto is not eligible for a slide since this would be his ELC signing year and he turned 20 when he would sign.
Well where would you send him after the 9 games? He can’t go back to college

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Well where would you send him after the 9 games? He can’t go back to college
Huh? I'm not following what you are getting at here...

9 games is in reference to the ELC slide, you'd send the college player to the AHL. If he plays more than 9 games, it counts as the first year of his ELC. If it were a CHL player, they could play 10 games burn a year of ELC and then get sent to their CHL team i believe.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Huh? I'm not following what you are getting at here...

9 games is in reference to the ELC slide, you'd send the college player to the AHL. If he plays more than 9 games, it counts as the first year of his ELC. If it were a CHL player, they could play 10 games burn a year of ELC and then get sent to their CHL team i believe.

does CHL count? I find that strange. I assumed CHL is still playing pro under the sens organization. I think the ELC year would still be burned. I am likely wrong.

Edit: I meant AHL. Not CHL

Last edited:

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
does CHL count? I find that strange. I assumed CHL is still playing pro under the sens organization. I think the ELC year would still be burned. I am likely wrong.
AHL doesn’t count for ELC slide. The players who can play AHL without counting against the 10 games are:

18 or 19 year olds as long as they are 19 on Sept 15th. The exception is players who are 19 on September 15th, are on their 1st year of their ELC and turn 30 before Dec 32 (ie Pinto if he played this year).

Euro and NCAA players and CHL players who have played 4 CHL years fall into this slide rule of AHL games not counting.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
AHL doesn’t count for ELC slide. The players who can play AHL without counting against the 10 games are:

18 or 19 year olds as long as they are 19 on Sept 15th. The exception is players who are 19 on September 15th, are on their 1st year of their ELC and turn 30 before Dec 32 (ie Pinto if he played this year).

Euro and NCAA players and CHL players who have played 4 CHL years fall into this slide rule of AHL games not counting.
Hmm well not I’m more confused lol. So Sanderson cannot use the AHL to slide his ELC?

Oh you’re last paragraph

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Hmm well not I’m more confused lol. So Sanderson cannot use the AHL to slide his ELC?

Oh you’re last paragraph
I can see why lol.

1. CHL players who have played 4 years can play in the AHL before they are 20.

2. ELC slide is for any 18 or 19 year old (19 as of September 15th). AHL games do not count towards 10 game rule.

3. An exception to rule 2 is for players who sign their ELC at 19 but turn 20 before Dec 31st.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I can see why lol.

1. CHL players who have played 4 years can play in the AHL before they are 20.

2. ELC slide is for any 18 or 19 year old (19 as of September 15th). AHL games do not count towards 10 game rule.

3. An exception to rule 2 is for players who sign their ELC at 19 but turn 20 before Dec 31st.
Haha so. Can Sanderson play 9 games then go to the ahl and have it not burn year one of the ELC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->