GDT: UND Hockey games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Word up. I still find that strange tho. Like if you’re turning pro you’re turning pro. Ahl or khl you’re still playing pro in the sens organization.

I find it strange. They must get paid in the AHL so what contract determines the terms of their pay?

Weird, convoluted rules.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
I would guess it's because they don't want to penalize teams for developing players at the highest level of competition they deserve to play at during critical development years while the team isn't benefitting from that player playing on their roster. They're technically a "junior" aged player, so unless the team is benefitting from that player's play directly, the contract slides. Not necessarily a "are they pro or not" but rather a "are you still developing the player at a level lower than the NHL during their junior years" deal.

Reactions: OD99

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I find it strange. They must get paid in the AHL so what contract determines the terms of their pay?

Weird, convoluted rules.
If they are in the AHL they get their usual ~80k salary, when they are on the NHL roster they get their NHL salary.

Each year of their ELC, they will get a 75-93k signing bonus, regardless of where they are playing.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
If they are in the AHL they get their usual ~80k salary, when they are on the NHL roster they get their NHL salary.

Each year of their ELC, they will get a 75-93k signing bonus, regardless of where they are playing.

I figured as much but I just find it weird that for a year they are paid according to a 3 year contract but at the end of that year they still have a 3 year contract.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I figured as much but I just find it weird that for a year they are paid according to a 3 year contract but at the end of that year they still have a 3 year contract.
That's why guys like Pinto, JBD and Sanderson will likely be signing at the end of the season (or next) to get NHL games in, NCAA players burn a year just stepping into a game after the NCAA season.

That's what Wolanin and White did.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
That's why guys like Pinto, JBD and Sanderson will likely be signing at the end of the season (or next) to get NHL games in, NCAA players burn a year just stepping into a game after the NCAA season.

That's what Wolanin and White did.

I understand that but that might not be the case with Jake if he signs this year. And if I understand @GCK 's CBA explanations. :laugh:

Because he isn't 20 the 9 game threshold applies, no?

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
It would this year, won't next year when he signs at 19. Unlikely Sanderson signs this year.
It would still apply to Sanderson next April since he will still be 19. Sanderson won’t burn a year unless he play 7 NHL games this year or 10 next year or some combination of the 2.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
It would still apply to Sanderson next April since he will still be 19. Sanderson won’t burn a year unless he play 7 NHL games this year or 10 next year or some combination of the 2.
He turns 20 prior to Dec 31st, he would still burn a year. Happened with McAvoy the year he joined the Bruins for the playoffs the year of our Cup Run, he was only 19 as well.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
He turns 20 prior to Dec 31st, he would still burn a year. Happened with McAvoy the year he joined the Bruins for the playoffs the year of our Cup Run, he was only 19 as well.
McAvoy was 19 when he signed and turned 20 before Dec 31st that year. I meant to say this April he would be fine or next September. Good catch.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Awesome - an word on roster? Hoping they don't sit Pinto again.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Why wouldn't they? Do they want them to sit that long between games?

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
I thought the game was on TSN 3 i'm getting the Toronto Marlies game instead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad