GDT: UND Hockey games

Status
Not open for further replies.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Very much appreciate this! Seems the mods weren't going to listen to us...

In order my ranking would be...26, 22, 24, 25

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Does anyone think kawaguchi can be an Nhler
Generally speaking I have noticed a trend where the high skill NCAA free agents don't seem to pan out when they sign pro contracts. Back when teams had smaller scouting staffs and fewer resources when it came to scouting there were more prospects who went unnoticed and went the NCAA route and then caught the attention of NHL teams and eventually became good NHL players. Now it seems less likely that those players go unnoticed.

The small, high skill NCAA free agent types just don't play the kind of style that lead to them becoming successful in the NHL . Teams want much more complete players that have a lot of versatility. Looking at NCAA free agents I would suggest keeping a closer eye on players that put up decent points but seem like they would be highly valuable middle six players. Players that are gritty with good size could be of value to NHL teams. Arguably two of the most valuable NCAA free agent forwards in the last 20 years was Chris Kunitz and Dustin Penner. Look for players that remind you of them and then you might have come across a free agent worth targeting.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Man, Sanderson with a nasty play. He catches up to his man who was breaking up ice for a breakout pass, steals it, turns and turns on the jets and feeds a bullet pass in stride to player skating in full speed into opposition zone.

Just beauty. Reminded me of Redden/EK.

Reactions: Sens in Process

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Man, Sanderson with a nasty play. He catches up to his man who was breaking up ice for a breakout pass, steals it, turns and turns on the jets and feeds a bullet pass in stride to player skating in full speed into opposition zone.

Just beauty. Reminded me of Redden/EK.

transitioning from defense to offense with perfectly timed passes to the open man.. great ability to have and to add to the Sens lineup.. he does other things very well but that he is great at.

Philadelphia Collins

May 31, 2011
Wonder if all the NoDak Sens got together and decided to pick a jersey number in the 20s, even though I hate dmen wearing 20’s I will make an exception for team chemistry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad