GDT: UFC on ABC: Holloway vs. Kattar

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
It’s more his corner should stop it than Herb
At the end of the 4th yes, but Herb should have stopped it when he was stumbling and just taking like 50 unanswered strikes against the fence. There was nothing more we needed to see, and Kattar didn't need to take that damage.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
At the end of the 4th yes, but Herb should have stopped it when he was stumbling and just taking like 50 unanswered strikes against the fence. There was nothing more we needed to see, and Kattar didn't need to take that damage.

i think that was the only time he could have stopped it but he let it go. He was still defending and throwing strikes off the cage. The corner needs to look at the overall abuse he sustained over the fight.

he never was knocked down, he was defending himself. It’s a hard one

Max said he will fill in next week lol

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Jesus Christ that was brutality of the highest magnitude. He savaged Kattar. I felt bad by the 2nd round and it just got worse. Love Max though. He just kept going and going.

Reactions: CDJ and NinjaKick

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I expected Max to win, but damn. Max and Volk are just on a different level than the rest of the division.

Maybe Volk gets stopped by Ortega or something because I don't if he has the same chin as Max, but other than some fluke thing like that, these 2 guys are the only competition for each other.

Reactions: m9 and LSCII

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Missed all but the last fight, from the sounds of it I should go back and watch the rest of the card later tonight.

I guess Kattar got 50k for getting his ass whipped for 5 rounds.

700 strikes thrown in 1500 seconds.

Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I expected Max to win, but damn. Max and Volk are just on a different level than the rest of the division.

Maybe Volk gets stopped by Ortega or something because I don't if he has the same chin as Max, but other than some fluke thing like that, these 2 guys are the only competition for each other.

I had their first fight a draw and the second a clear cut win for Max. Volk is good, but I think Max is elite.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
This is nowhere near FOTY worthy. This is mainly a one-sided ass whooping. FOTN, sure. FOTY, I hope not.

Agreed. Performance of the year is possible if that's a real thing.

I remember some MMA sites used to have "Beatdown of the Year" and I can't think of a better way to describe it. Just a thrashing by Max and an incredible performance.

I usually wouldn't have interest in a trilogy with one guy up 2-0, but Holloway sure is testing me with that win.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

I think Kattar and Ortega both give a tougher fight to Volk than they did to Max. Stylistically Volk is almost a perfect foil to Max and I still think that Max won the 2nd fight.

Just based on what Max said at the end I think they're going to give him the LW title shot after this fight because they don't want to set up Max vs. Volk 3 right now. Personally I'd love to see Holloway fight either of those 2 again; I think he wins both. I don't want to say he took Poirier lightly but...

Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I remember some MMA sites used to have "Beatdown of the Year" and I can't think of a better way to describe. Just a thrashing by Max and an incredible performance.

I usually wouldn't have interest in a trilogy with one guy up 2-0, but Holloway sure is testing that with that win.

Agreed. That wasn't a fight of the year. That was a one sided destruction. Credit to Kattar for taking it, but maaaaaaaan that was ugly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad