Women's Bantamweight bout: Wu Yanan vs. Joselyne Edwards
Heavyweight bout: Carlos Felipe vs. Justin Tafa
Welterweight bout: David Zawada vs. Ramazan Emeev
Women's Bantamweight bout: Sarah Moras vs. Vanessa Melo
Featherweight bout: Jacob Kilburn vs. Austin Lingo​

Reactions: pistolpete11

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Kind of a 'meh' card for network TV IMO.

Main event is good. I think Max is still that dude, but Kattar has good hands. I expect Max to take it, but it's a big opportunity for Kattar.

Condit-Brown would have been a good one 7 years ago when it was originally scheduled, but now it's one of those old man, why-don't-you-both-just-hang-them-up fights.

Glad to see Ponz back at all. Not sure what to expect from him. Losing 2 years and now 34, might be too late for him to make a serious run, but glad to see him back. Props to Li for taking the fight on short notice. Probably a calculated risk against a former top 10 guy who's making his comeback, but props nonetheless.

Other than Buckley's spinning back kick KO, I don't know much about anyone else on the card.

Reactions: Avs_19

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Puna vs Dusko should be a fun one. Somebody loses their “0”. Early impression I have is Dusko wins that

Unpopular opinion but I think Kattar beats Max by decision and that it’s very similar to the Poirier fight. I feel like Kattar is a comparable boxer to Poirier with more power than Max. I feel like the fight stays standing. Kattar has a gas tank so he’s not gonna be taken out by the tsunami Max will inevitably try to pour on him late like Aldo was

my bank account says I’ve been very wrong before tho

excited to see Ponz still alive

condit-Matt Brown is good nostalgia

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Puna vs Dusko should be a fun one. Somebody loses their “0”. Early impression I have is Dusko wins that

Unpopular opinion but I think Kattar beats Max by decision and that it’s very similar to the Poirier fight. I feel like Kattar is a comparable boxer to Poirier with more power than Max. I feel like the fight stays standing. Kattar has a gas tank so he’s not gonna be taken out by the tsunami Max will inevitably try to pour on him late like Aldo was

I also think Kattar wins as well.

Reactions: CDJ

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Agreed with @pistolpete11 that it's kind of a lesser card for being on ABC and it really just comes down there not being a big-time, relevant fight in that co-main event slot.

Not sure what to expect with Max v Kattar. I'm a big fan of Kattar and him winning would add some more intrigue to the top of the division. On the other hand, I do think there's a good chance that Max is still a tier above where Kattar is. I will take Holloway to win by a tidy decision but I'm ready for anything.

I've always been a big Condit fan so I'm hoping he can take care of Brown. Obviously no confidence in that given his recent career, but that's what I'll be cheering for.

Not really the biggest names, but getting Ponzinibbio and Buckley in very competitive match-ups here is pretty fun.

Weird the UFC would match-up two undefeated guys like that, but whatever.

Haven't dug too deep into this undercard. Kind of weird that Hawes would have a massive KO on a PPV and he ends up on a Fight Night undercard, but so be it I guess.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm going with Max as well in this one. I like Kattar and it's possible I'm underrating him here but I still believe Max is one of the elites and above Kattar's level. His losses at FW haven't been bad at all and the last fight could've gone either way. He didn't have his usual output but I think that has more to do with Volkanovski's style and threat of a takedown rather than Max slipping at all. I see Max putting on the type of striking display we've seen in the past and winning a UD or by late stoppage.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
I've got Holloway here, as others have said, I think he's just a tier above. Kattar is fun to watch but doesn't have the quality of competition going for him, plus he's fairly hittable himself. Going from Dan Ige to Max is a huge step up in the standup department and over the course of 5 rounds, I expect Holloway to eventually take over. Wouldn't bet on this fight though.

Li/Ponzinibbio could be FOTN, I lean towards Li due to the layoff but either way I think someone is getting KO'd in wild fashion. I'll go with Condit, Todorovic and Buckley to round out the main card but I'm not overly confident in any one fighter on this card.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013

Kattar-Poirier is probably a good comparison, but Kattar's power isn't the same, especially 155lb Poirier. I guess we'll see if it can still be fight altering power.

Max does tend to turn it on as the fight goes longer, but he's starting from high output and goes to insane output. I don't expect Kattar to go away, but he needs to bring it from the opening bell and find a way to take 3 of 5 rounds. Can he do it? Sure, but we haven't seen him do it against guys of Max's level yet.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Kattar-Poirier is probably a good comparison, but Kattar's power isn't the same, especially 155lb Poirier. I guess we'll see if it can still be fight altering power.

Max does tend to turn it on as the fight goes longer, but he's starting from high output and goes to insane output. I don't expect Kattar to go away, but he needs to bring it from the opening bell and find a way to take 3 of 5 rounds. Can he do it? Sure, but we haven't seen him do it against guys of Max's level yet.

I think Kattar’s power probably falls somewhere between Dustin and Max. Going to be a fascinating fight and honestly this is probably the best boxing match you can make in any weight class with UFC fighters. It’s either this or Conor-DP at least. Kattar and Max are just two incredible boxers with infinite gas tanks...let’s see if Kattar can do something he hasn’t done before

I’ve gotta go with my New England Cartel folks

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I think Kattar’s power probably falls somewhere between Dustin and Max. Going to be a fascinating fight and honestly this is probably the best boxing match you can make in any weight class with UFC fighters. It’s either this or Conor-DP at least. Kattar and Max are just two incredible boxers with infinite gas tanks...let’s see if Kattar can do something he hasn’t done before

I’ve gotta go with my New England Cartel folks
Yeah, I agree he has more power than Max, but Poirier's power was visibly affecting Max. Does Kattar have that type of power? I don't think so, but we'll see.

They went over some of the stats on MK today. Kattar actually absorbs more strikes than he lands per minute. That is very unusual for elite level fights. Max gets hit a lot, but he lands even more, almost 2 more per minute. Since Kattar probably won't be able to put Max away, it's probably going to come down to who lands more. The stats and experience at this level favor Max.

They also mentioned on MK today, Kattar is actually older than Max. Max just turned 29 last month. Kattar will be 33 in March.

Anyway, should be a great, action-packed fight.

Reactions: Avs_19 and CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I went

Brown +140

Kattar-Holloway going the distance/Buckley parlay that pays out +112

Hawes/Ponz/Simon parlay that pays out +191 (Simon is now on Wednesday)

Last edited:

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Went with Brown buckley holloway parlay

Finally back and a great way to start the weekend in the morning!

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
This has been a fun opener so far. Kilburn can take damage but it seems like the tide is turning in his favor as we enter round 3 with him down 20-18

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Either 30-27 or 30-26 Lingo depending on how you score round 1. Kilburn has quite the chin

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Has the booth ever been Anik, DC, and Hardy?

I think I'm a believer in the 2 man booth, but we'll see how this goes.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Puna looked damn good.

He should've pushed that mouthpiece further under the octagon instead of trying to recover it.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Soriano looked great. Crisp boxing and looked strong in the clinch as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad