GDT: UFC on ABC: Holloway vs. Kattar

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Featherweight would be alot more interesting if Max had won that last fight.

It's just hard to justify a third title shot after a guy had already lost 2.

Yeah, Ortega beating Volkanovski would be ideal for Max. One thing Max has going in his favour is that the UFC seems to want him back in there against Volkanovski. Dana even briefly talked about doing the trilogy immediately and in every interview mentions how a lot of people think Max won the second fight.

Reactions: Al from New Jersey

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Yeah, Ortega beating Volkanovski would be ideal for Max. One thing Max has going in his favour is that the UFC seems to want him back in there against Volkanovski. Dana even briefly talked about doing the trilogy immediately and in every interview mentions how a lot of people think Max won the second fight.
I even went back and re-watched the second fight without the incredibly biased commentary, and I still came away with Max ahead.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I even went back and re-watched the second fight without the incredibly biased commentary, and I still came away with Max ahead.

It was very close and could've gone either way. I've only watched it once and I had it 3-2 for Volkanovski.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Holloway is the best FW on the planet. I felt he won the last fight against Volk, and even though I think Volk can beat Holloway I just think that Holloway is better overall and is better against more people.

He looks phenomenal today.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
It was very close and could've gone either way. I've only watched it once and I had it 3-2 for Volkanovski.
I agree it was super close, I had it 3-2 max, but the way I think Bisping was talking about it, was that it was highway robbery that volkanovski won.

Reactions: Avs_19

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That exchange was awesome. Max is also taking unnecessary damage when he gets in close and swings wildly.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Kattar is a f***ing zombie
I can't believe they didn't stop that. It was like when Tony was shaking his head after getting popped. He was stumbling just standing there. This is going to be horrible for Kattar's career IMO.

Don't get me wrong he's tough and he seems to have recovered a bit now but...is it worth it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad