UFC 244: Diaz vs Masvidal

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
f*** off. That was going to be FOTY material and we didn't even get to see Nate at his best. Garbage

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
people mad about this stoppage are so far in the tank for nate it's ridiculous. his face was about to fall off because masvidal beat the brakes off him. acting like nate is the real life rocky is nuts.

Reactions: CDJ and ZDH

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Anticlimactic finish, but I have no real interest in seeing them run it back. The fight simply wasn't competitive enough up to the point it ended.

Let Mas fight the winner of Colby/Usman for the real belt.
I say let Masvidal decide.

I bet he picks Nate because Nate's a bigger star than Usman and Covington combined.

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
Anyone that was saying Diaz had no scenario to win doesn’t understand fighting. Diaz literally does this every fight.
Against fighters that aren’t as good as Masvidal. Masvidal knocked out the guy who just upset Gastelum and could very well win the WW title in his next fight.

You’ll see if they do run it back, then we’ll see who “doesn’t know fighting” lmao

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
No point in a rematch. The fight wasn't close, every punch and kick hurt Diaz, Masvidal took a few hits but was pretty much in control all night. He deserves a title shot after kamaru, colby.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Against fighters that aren’t as good as Masvidal. Masvidal knocked out the guy who just upset Gastelum and could very well win the WW title in his next fight.

You’ll see if they do run it back, then we’ll see who “doesn’t know fighting” lmao
Holy MMA math, Batman!

h2

Mar 26, 2002
not even close, but it's the first time i've seen nate that non-competitive in a long time. doctor saved him ten minutes worth of brain damage.

Disagree. This was classic Diaz and he was starting to face a fatigued Masvidal going to round 4. That’s what made this stoppage worse. Throwing power like Masvidal did is great, but if you don’t finish your going to exhaust in the later rounds which was starting to happen.

If this was going to be a stoppage why not after round 1? The cut was just as bad then.

Very disappointed in that stoppage.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
not even close, but it's the first time i've seen nate that non-competitive. doctor saved him ten minutes worth of brain damage.
I don't know, man. Saying "his face was about to fall off" about a Diaz brother over that makes me think you haven't seen the Diaz brothers fight.

Reactions: h2 and td_ice

h2

Mar 26, 2002

Yeah that’s not how this works... Thanks for proving my point.

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
Why was he walking back to his corner with his hands over his head? When was the last time he went to a 4th round?
He literally had his hands on his head for like one second and then put his hands up in the air. It would have taken a miracle for Nate to win that fight.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
I don't know, man. Saying "his face was about to fall off" about a Diaz brother over that makes me think you haven't seen the Diaz brothers fight.

the dangerous precedent the ufc set with this "baddest mother f***er" belt is the expectation that the fight had to end with one of them dying or a stoppage wasn't justified. it could have just as easily been stopped due to excessive damage without the cut having been a factor. nate diaz has a remarkable grasp on maintaining just enough consciousness to function, but that isn't always in his favor.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
**** off. That was going to be FOTY material and we didn't even get to see Nate at his best. Garbage

It was nowhere near FOTY through 3 rounds.. it was an okay fight but nothing special.

Reactions: CDJ

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
the dangerous precedent the ufc set with this "baddest mother ****er" belt is the expectation that the fight had to end with one of them dying or a stoppage wasn't justified. it could have just as easily been stopped due to excessive damage without the cut having been a factor. nate diaz has a remarkable grasp on maintaining just enough consciousness to function, but that isn't always in his favor.
:laugh: Literally nobody said one of them had to die. He had a cut. It happens in MMA all the time.

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
IMO I doubt rematch happens, Nate isn't going to want to go through that again and UFC/Masvidal will want to push for a title shot with Covington especially if he wins the belt.

Nate will probably take one more fight with Conor for the money and then go away like his brother Nick

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Is that point that you’re obnoxious?

I just said people that count out Diaz don’t understand fighting. You then replied with weird MMA math to further justify your OP. I mean, you basically just confirmed everything with that response, no need to get personal.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00