UFC 244: Diaz vs Masvidal

member 51464

Nate versus Colby would be fun. Cardio for days and no power.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Turrible just turrible

giphy.gif

Reactions: slocal

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Did they just stop the BMF fight on a cut? Nate is always a bloody mess win or lose, gtfo with that.

Reactions: YNWA14

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
You have no clue what you’re doing if you’re ending a Diaz fight due to cut like that.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Both fighters, the entire crowd, Rogan, Dana, shit even the Rock looked pissed. That doctor has got to feel like such an asshole.

Except Dom Cruz o_O

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
So NY is just f***ing stupid? That's the explanation? You have a title fight with one guy who's an attrition fighter so you'd think that this eventuality would have been accounted for. I'm a fan of both fighters but that's a shitty way for it to go down.

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
Nate's lucky he was getting destroyed and this gives him an excuse. If the fight would have continued he would have been either stopped or lost a decision 50-45

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
Awful stoppage aside, Jorge was having his way with him. Don’t see any scenario where Nate wins that fight.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I thought the third round was close and Nate could have started coming on a bit in the 4th and 5th. That’s pretty annoying. The cut didn’t look that bad but as someone said I feel like the fight being in New York probably played a part in the cautious nature of the stoppage.

That said Masvidal looked pretty good. He is a good foil to the way Nate fights if he can keep his endurance up through 4 and 5.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Anticlimactic finish, but I have no real interest in seeing them run it back. The fight simply wasn't competitive enough up to the point it ended.

Let Mas fight the winner of Colby/Usman for the real belt.

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
Really? You don't see Nate throwing up a sub when Masvidal tires out?
Don’t see Masvidal tiring out. Nate wasn’t close to securing any submissions, and Jorge was completely unfazed by any shot Nate landed.

Wasn’t a very competitive fight.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I hate the "Well Masivdal was winning anyway" excuses. It's a shit stoppage by the doctor and you never know what happens in the 4th or the 5th. As someone mentioned, Masvidal was going back to his corner with his hands on his head after the 3rd. He was starting to gas a little bit. Nate very well could have started to turn the tide, pieced him up, taken his back, and choked him out. We don't know. It was a 5 round fight that we only got to see 3 rounds of because of a shit stoppage.

I'm not taking anything away from Masvidal. He looked great and it's not his fault the doctor stopped it, but I'm sure he'd say he didn't want to win that way either.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1specter and h2

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Anyone that was saying Diaz had no scenario to win doesn’t understand fighting. Diaz literally does this every fight.
Exactly. It happened in both Conor fights. Conor lit Nate up in the first round of the first fight. Then, seemingly out of nowhere, Nate lands on his chin, gets it to the ground, and chokes him out. Same in the second fight. He got dropped I don't know how many times and it was still a razor close decision.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad