GDT: UFC 235: Jones vs. Smith

member 51464

Hope Jones goes easy on him now as a thanks for not taking the DQ win. I guess. WTF.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
It's easier said than done, but both Woodley and Smith, it's like....f***IN GO!!! You're getting your ass kicked either way, might as well throw up a Hail Mary.

Reactions: h2 and member 51464

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
This fight is f***ing boring. Wish I took the odds on this fight going the distance, think it was +700 or something like that

member 51464

So who is next for Jones to obliterate? Is it Rockhold's turn? Why not.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I said before the fight that I thought Smith might earn some respect. Even though he thoroughly got his ass kicked, I'd say going the distance with Jones and not even thinking about taking the DQ accomplished that.

Reactions: m9

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
So who is next for Jones to obliterate? Is it Rockhold's turn? Why not.

I think some of the top middleweights such as Romero or Rockhold would put up a better fight than almost everyone in the LHW division, Mousasi as well if he was still with the UFC. 205 sucks.

I think Johnny Walker would be a legitimate challenge for Jones, he's probably good enough for a title shot already.

member 51464

Yoel Romero coming up would be fun. He'd at least go down trying to knock Jones' head off.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
You can move fast all you want, if you can't get inside Jones for a really good shot, you're not beating him.

Yoel's speed and explosiveness (to close the distance) + Jones' lack of familiarity with that kind of speed is also a recipe for getting KTFO'd. that's how Cejudo, Cormier, Nunes beat their bigger "superfight" opponents.

Reactions: Evil Speaker

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Bleh. Pretty decent card. Full credit to Usman but Woodley didn't even try to fight. That was a really bizarre match.

Props to Anthony Smith. Wish he had followed up with a left hook a little more but it is what it is.

Lawler went out. Askren would have won anyway but it reminded me of when a guy gets KOed but brought back when his head smacks off the canvas. Nice to see Askren making full use of that giant chin.

Woodley/Covington and Askren/Usman next please.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Woodley lost exactly how i expected him to lose. That's how he always fight: back himself up into the cage, defend from his opponent's attacks & try to land one big counter-punch. Usman was simply a nightmare matchup for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad