GDT: UFC 193: Rousey vs Holm

DBL

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
Yep. Women's MMA is still in its infancy, it was only a matter of time before someone better came along. Now Dana and Rogan will thankfully shut the **** up about Ronda being the greatest thing to ever happen.

Rogan actually surprised me...he was all over Holly's performance tonight, right from the beginning of the fight, and he was all over Ronda before this fight......impressed by Rogan tonight and usually think he's biased beyond belief.

RonFournier

Dec 17, 2006
Nope, Miesha Tate had a good gameplan in their second fight that kept Rousey in check for a long time.

Until she decided to try and take Ronda down for an unknown reason.

I think this time it was more about Ronda having no plan at all, had she just tried to take Holm down and submit her she would have won for sure.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
My god...what a beautiful performance by Holm. She's going to be America's sweetheart after that performance. After watching that I don't know how Ronda could care any better in a rematch...Holm dissected her and made her look like an amateur.

Holm is chiseled with a set of shoulders that would make an NBA player jealous. Loved every second of that fight. it will be funny to see all the Rousey movie/tv appearances air after her star has fallen and the new it girl has taken her place in the spotlight.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
Huge upset for sure, but I'm not surprised. I never liked this matchup for Ronda.

Believe me I've got no reason to lie so a bunch of random guys on HF will think I'm smart or something. :laugh:

You are somehow right ... i considered is as an upset thinking that she would try more to bring Holm to the floor. And would not necessarily rush on Holm.

Actually i wonder if the first hit didn't do real damage to Ronda, because she acted plainly stupidly all along. Instead of rethinking here attitude.

Answers soon to come.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Ronda will be fine - she did afterall catapult Women's MMA to a whole new level. No one cared about this before she appeared.

Couldn't help but think of the Tyson v Holyfield match during that fight.

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
Now we don't have to listen to Ronda saying she's going to retire undefeated and ride off into the sunset as the greatest ever.

We don't have to listen to Joe Rogan say "Ronda's not once in a generation, she's once ever" .....Can't wait to hear Rogan change is tune now.

And hopefully Ronda ditches her idiot coach Edmond Tarverdyan who totally failed her. ****ing douchbag.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Ronda will be fine - she did afterall catapult Women's MMA to a whole new level. No one cared about this before she appeared.

Tyson was invincible because his mentality was never broken until he lost to Buster Douglas. We'll see how good Rhonda is during the rematch.

RonFournier

Dec 17, 2006
My god...what a beautiful performance by Holm. She's going to be America's sweetheart after that performance. After watching that I don't know how Ronda could care any better in a rematch...Holm dissected her and made her look like an amateur.

Rousey has never been a good stand up fighter, she wanted to prove she was a better boxer than her and she got ko'd. If there's a rematch we'll see if Holm has a good ground game because Ronda is gonna try to rip her arms off all fight long (if her coaches aren't total dumbasses and actually come up with a game plan this time.)

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
Tyson was invincible because his mentality was never broken until he lost to Buster Douglas. We'll see how good Rhonda is during the rematch.
I wouldn't be surprised to see her retire. She was completely dominated in that fight and she knows it.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Rousey has never been a good stand up fighter, she wanted to prove she was a better boxer than her and she got ko'd. If there's a rematch we'll see if Holm has a good ground game because Ronda is gonna try to rip her arms off all fight long (if her coaches aren't total dumbasses and actually come up with a game plan this time.)

For Rousey to get the fight to the ground, she'd need, you know: good ring cutting skills which is something she never actually tried to develop

RonFournier

Dec 17, 2006

To be fair to Iron Mike, unlike Ronda he was kicking Holyfield's ass in the later rounds of the fight until he decided to bite his Ear off.

For Rousey to get the fight to the ground, she'd need, you know: good ring cutting skills which is something she never actually tried to develop

I guess we'll have to wait and see the rematch but I think if she tries to avoid stand up and uses her judo she will dominate Holm.

Bad News Bears

All goalies be trash
May 22, 2009
Australia
I'd also like to add to the fact that Holm is likable, world-class boxing and kickboxing and should be humble champ, she has a caboose that just will not quit.

DBL

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
Hoping there is a rematch.......Holly will do the same thing again...and will love to watch it for a second time......Ronda will never have that striking ability and patience

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
Nope, Miesha Tate had a good gameplan in their second fight that kept Rousey in check for a long time. She just didn't have the same skills as Holm.

If I recall correctly, Meisha tried repeatedly to clinch with Ronda, who is absolutely the last person you should initiate the clinch with. Meisha's gameplan was also terrible, she was lucky she didn't get humiliated in seconds like the others.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
CT1KMt8XAAAGjV3.jpg

Scion

May 25, 2012
Ronda will implement a better game plan in the rematch and force a third fight. It's ridiculous that she abandoned her wrestling in favour of striking against a world class boxer. Arrogance got the best of her me thinks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad