GDT: UFC 193: Rousey vs Holm

member 51464

Been a Ronda fan since she got popular in Strikeforce.. but seeing this tonight made me happy because the way she acted before this fight was terrible.. completely different person than she used to be.

Agreed, she went from a cool story to really trying to hard to do the "me against the world" thing every fight.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
...sure you did. :shakehead

I did. Ronda fights like a maniac. She jumped in against Correia like a wolf going after a steak.

You fight like that against a world-class boxer and you get picked apart.

Ronda may be the most physically dominating fighter I've ever seen but she's a pretty dumb fighter.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Hahahaha think you're so tough not bumping gloves at the beginning. So happy to see her get filled.

Oh, shush. Ronda has done plenty to help the other female fighters get attention in the UFC. Bumping gloves means jack ****.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Oh, shush. Ronda has done plenty to help the other female fighters get attention in the UFC. Bumping gloves means jack ****.

Doesn't give her permission to act like an idiot.

Now there's a classy champion.

member 51464

Best part was Holly got out of a clinch and off the mat and all too. Ronda had her shots. Just utterly outclassed.

That finishing kick was just incredible. And so genuine in the post-fight interview. America's sweetheart. Hooray.

Also, to be fair to Ronda, I wouldn't be shocked if her jaw was dislocated or broken and she can't talk.

Can't wait for the first annoying Joe Rogan hype clip about how Holm is the best thing that has ever existed, haha.

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
Ronda is not a great person, she is also so arrogant and actually thought she could outbox a pro boxing champ with her zero head movement and winging punches, she was running right into those left counters non stop.

That was a beauty ko ,well deserved for Holm, now we don't have to listen to Rogan talk about Ronda being the perfect mma fighter.

member 51464

Also, just going on record that that was way too big of a venue. Half those seats must've been awful!

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
I did. Ronda fights like a maniac. She jumped in against Correia like a wolf going after a steak.

Ronda may be the most physically dominating fighter I've ever seen but she's a pretty dumb fighter.

Holm seemed to be pretty physical.

And as you say, she wasn't specially smart in this fight.

I never understood this need to rush on the other fighter.

Wow ! Holm had a perfect game plan. And Rowdy was already down the first ... not thinking at all .... while Holm was smart all along.

Beautifull.

That reopens the discussion on this class.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Doesn't give her permission to act like an idiot.

Now there's a classy champion.

Ronda is the definition of class outside of that octogon - she's at all the events giving press for other unknown fighters.

In the ring, she's a different animal. You shouldn't judge her based on that.

Anyway, I really hope we get a rematch soon. That was genuinely awesome.

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
First opponent that fought Ronda with a game plan that wasn't total nonsense. Just saying.

Bad News Bears

All goalies be trash
May 22, 2009
Australia
Ronda should have fixed on Holly's navel and shot on her over and over. It was really, really dumb to think she's as good at everyone other girl at their own game. I know you'd have crazy confidence, but Holly was always going to be a different animal.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World

There's always people who said that they "called it" or they "knew that was going to happen" or "saw that coming"

The fact is RR was a massive favorite. No one saw that coming at all. Huge upset!

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
Best part was Holly got out of a clinch and off the mat and all too. Ronda had her shots. Just utterly outclassed.

That finishing kick was just incredible. And so genuine in the post-fight interview. America's sweetheart. Hooray.

Also, to be fair to Ronda, I wouldn't be shocked if her jaw was dislocated or broken and she can't talk.

Can't wait for the first annoying Joe Rogan hype clip about how Holm is the best thing that has ever existed, haha.
Yeah her mouth hanging open liked that probably half way through the first was weird. Something was going on there.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

He's certainly talking like that now. :laugh:

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
Ronda's ego lost her this fight. She thought she could outbox a boxer even though she was clearly sloppy even when knocking out opponents in previous fights.

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
First opponent that fought Ronda with a game plan that wasn't total nonsense. Just saying.
Yep. Women's MMA is still in its infancy, it was only a matter of time before someone better came along. Now Dana and Rogan will thankfully shut the **** up about Ronda being the greatest thing to ever happen.

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI

First opponent that actually had the size and skill to keep Ronda off of her and capitalize on her lack of striking technique and head movement.

Rushing in on Holm and continually trying to outstrike her was pure arrogance.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
There's always people who said that they "called it" or they "knew that was going to happen" or "saw that coming"

The fact is RR was a massive favorite. No one saw that coming at all. Huge upset!

Huge upset for sure, but I'm not surprised. I never liked this matchup for Ronda.

Believe me I've got no reason to lie so a bunch of random guys on HF will think I'm smart or something. :laugh:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Just remembered Rogan hyping how Ronda is the first woman to be the cover athlete of fighting game. UFC 2 by...EA. The curse is alive and well. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad