Welterweight Bout: Kyle Noke vs Peter Sobotta
Light Heavyweight Bout: Anthony Perosh vs Gian Villante
Flyweight Bout: Richie Vaculik vs Danny Martinez
Middleweight Bout: Dan Kelly vs Steve Montgomery
Welterweight Bout: Richard Walsh vs Steve Kennedy
Welterweight Bout: James Moontarsi vs Anton Zafir
Flyweight Bout: Ben Nguyen vs Ryan Benoit

member 51464

More excited to watch Joanna fight. I find her a lot more entertaining than Rousey. I expect Rousey to dominate Holm like everyone else. Unless Holm somehow manage to develop an amazing takedown defense and Rousey just wants to trade kicks or something, I have no idea how it could even be close.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm not a big fan of this card but it's going to be a huge event for the UFC. Should be a fun one to attend live.

Ronda and Joanna should win their fights pretty easily. I also like Hunt by KO in the rematch.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
More excited to watch Joanna fight. I find her a lot more entertaining than Rousey. I expect Rousey to dominate Holm like everyone else. Unless Holm somehow manage to develop an amazing takedown defense and Rousey just wants to trade kicks or something, I have no idea how it could even be close.

Same here. I saw the last match or bits of it, her punching speed is ridiculous when she sees a good opening.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Valerie has good hands. Should be a crazy fight with Joanna.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Card's fine IMO. Ronda is a huge draw, then you have Hunt and Hall who are both very exciting. They know they can put anyone on the card with Ronda and pull big numbers. I think she's like -2000. I honestly think she even beats Holm standing.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
I wonder what could save Holly from not being dragged down to the floor and being arm bared by Ronda ?

if it stays on the feets ... good luck to Ronda .... but i don't see here letting that happened.

member 51464

The thing is that Holm just hasn't really looked crisp to me in any of her fights. It is odd. She is this highly decorated fighter in other sports and all, but she almost seems too heavy or something.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
The thing is that Holm just hasn't really looked crisp to me in any of her fights. It is odd. She is this highly decorated fighter in other sports and all, but she almost seems too heavy or something.

she really looks like a tank.

Will she break Ronda, or will Ronda break here arm ?
I hope for Ronda she is not gonna stay on foot. That would be a fatal mistake IMO.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
I wouldn't be surprised Ronda lose a round to Holms.

Not that i like Holms' chance, but Holms is the only fighter fighting Rousey that will actually try to avoid the short range. With Rousey' single line bull rushes, the fight is likely going to be ugly for a while until Rousey manages to get to the clinch.

The only reason why Holm can't ever beat Rousey though is that she can't hurt Rousey because
a) She just doesn't transfer power in her punches
b) Rousey doesn't ever go backward
c) Her lethal kicks are useless if she can't force Rousey backward and she has given me no reason to think that she can make Rousey respect her hands.
d) Ultimately, she's giving Ronda zero reason why she shouldn't pursue the short range

Go bet on: "Holm / Rousey starts round 2" +214
If you want to be safe, bet on the "Any other result" on "Rousey wins 0:01 to 1:00 of round 1" at -295

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Holm is the biggest (and I'm assuming) strongest girl Ronda's faced. That adds a bit of intrigue to this. I don't see Holly lasting long, but if she's able to keep distance and shove Ronda away when she tries to grab a hold of her she might make it out of the first. Ronda's size/strength was always a problem for Miesha. Just watched their second fight again the other day and Ronda just ragdolled her. I don't think she'll be able to do that to Holm.

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
The only way I see Holm winning is by decision, her gameplan will be like the way Condit beat Nick Diaz... avoiding the clinch and fighting to the outside (Running?).

As for the other main event, I can't help it cheer for Letourneau as she is a fellow Canadian but I think Joanna's speed will be too much for her.... she'll probably last more than two rounds though.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
my projections :

20% : Holm wins ko/tko
15% : Holm wins by points
0% : draw
5% : Ronda wins by points
60% : Ronda wins by ko/tko (among which 10% for the first round)

As per Letourneau vs Joanna ... Joanna 80%, Letourneau 20%.

Last edited:

The Jesus*

my projections :

Those are really atrocious projections.

As someone else mentioned, Holly Holm throws arm punches. She doesn't hit hard at all. She can kick, but throwing a kick against an olympic caliber judo practitioner is a very, very bad idea. Throwing kicks invariably puts you off balance as you are drastically changing your center of gravity over a very brief period of time, and Rousey will be able to get her down with ease.

Even if she doesn't throw kicks, Rousey will get her down with ease. She has no game on the inside, and her BJJ is practically non-existent. Not only is this an easy 99% win for Rousey, Rousey can beat Holm anywhere she wants. On the feet, or on the ground.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Not an intriguing card to me.. but, hopefully Ronda makes up for it with something crazy.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
my projections :

The only KO threat Holm offer are her kicks. But for her kicks to be anything effective, she has to force Rousey backward, but she also doesn't have the punching arsenal to do that, which is hilariously ironic for someone dubbed as the "Best female boxer" :laugh:.

member 51464

I would kind of love a random roundhouse TKO of Ronda with a kick to the head 4 seconds in and Holm suddenly being the best thing ever. Just for the hilarity. Sadly, it 'aint to be.

Nurmagomedov

Apr 13, 2015
I would kind of love a random roundhouse TKO of Ronda with a kick to the head 4 seconds in and Holm suddenly being the best thing ever. Just for the hilarity. Sadly, it 'aint to be.

Nah, what i want is a controversial split decision win for Holm. The kind where most of the fans score it 49-46 Ronda and Holm looks like GSP after the Hendricks fight. You could ask another 60$ for the press conference with Dana.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Ronda comes charging at Holm at the weigh-in and basically gets inside her face, and when Holm puts her hand up and it touches Ronda she loses it. Talks to Rogan immediately after saying Holm's been putting on an act this whole time and her putting her hands on Ronda just now proves that. Umm, you started the ENTIRE thing. If she's doing this to get some attention and sell the fight so be it, but if that was legit, this girl is delusional.

The Jesus*

Ronda comes charging at Holm at the weigh-in and basically gets inside her face, and when Holm puts her hand up and it touches Ronda she loses it. Talks to Rogan immediately after saying Holm's been putting on an act this whole time and her putting her hands on Ronda just now proves that. Umm, you started the ENTIRE thing. If she's doing this to get some attention and sell the fight so be it, but if that was legit, this girl is delusional.

They're both trying to sell the fight, dude. That's what they do, it's part of their job. Especially considering everyone and their mother knows how easy a fight this is for Ronda. Holm isn't ready to take on the Cat Zingano's of the UFC, let alone the female Mike Tyson.

She's got to give people a reason to pay $60 to see her get ragdolled.

ThrowDemTongs

kid named jeff finger
Mar 21, 2013
Coquitlam, BC

I wanted Cat to destroy her (Cat went full ******, though). I want Holm to absolutely eradicate her. I hope she catches her with a sweet head kick.

Probably won't happen, but eh.

I'm watching this card for Joanna Champion!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad