Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 6 - HIBERNATION BEGINS - Florida wins series 4-2

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Disappointing end, but a successful season.

Swayman took the job.

Poitras showed he has a bright future.

Lorhei, too.

Frederic showed it wasn’t a fluke last year.

Geekie showed as a top 9 forward.

Beecher broke in the lineup.

Coyle and Zacha showed that they can be a good middle six center group.

Big offseason, tho.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I like playoff Debrusk, he's like Michael Ryder, but why would he stay here the way we treat him? He'll go home to Edmonton or another small market
Edm has Draisaitl to pay then Bouchard and McDavid.Also trapped with another 3.8 next year for Brown.Unless hometown discount I dunno.

Serpico

Aug 16, 2020
NYC
This doesn't hurt as much as 2019 did.

2019 I had to take my mental aspect out of it that I can no longer get myself worked up over a hockey team. That took sometimes from me. Soul crushing.

2013 was and still is mindblowing, castle crumbling, heartbreak.
2013 did have the best final over the other finals that followed in the league. That was just 2 juggernauts going at it. 2011 had more drama but 2013 was just good hockey.

CheerstoBeers

Jan 28, 2008
Doubtful it'll happen but it's really time for a change right from the top. Time for Neely/Sweeny combo to go, get some fresh faces and some fresh thinking. Just not working for a long time now and this last off season and trade deadline were a gigantic failure.... Get Swayman signed, trade Ullmark, we have a ton of dead weight to shed, go find a true #1 and #2 center to start and retool with the core and the youth. Stop bringing in washed up guys like JVR, Maroon, Shattenkirk etc and give the youth a real solid shot and chance to succeed.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
For semi recent loses this one doesn't bother me because I didn't expect them to make the playoffs.

In order of most painful losses
2023 (that being Bergy and Krejci final game)

In 2013 I think they would have got to the cup if they got past Florida, but not confident they would beat Butch who knows how they play.

Yes on the first 3. Each of them crushed me emotionally

2024 barely is a blip as far as I'm concerned. Didn't expect them to win a Cup. Thought Sweeney did an amazing job of cobbling together a good roster with no ability to make moves. Obviously hoped for a miracle, but it would have been a miracle

Reactions: Mione134

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
This doesn't hurt as much as 2019 did.

2019 I had to take my mental aspect out of it that I can no longer get myself worked up over a hockey team. That took something from me. Soul crushing.

2013 was and still is mindblowing, castle crumbling, heartbreak.
2013….once Bergeron was in the ambulance after game 5…..knew they would have a hard time to win.

2019 was death all over again. Home ice game 7. Oh man. Won’t be over that until they win another Cup. Painful. As bad as 1979 I would say too……

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
2013 did have the best final over the other finals that followed in the league. That was just 2 juggernauts going at it. 2011 had more drama but 2013 was just good hockey.
I was so devastated after that 2013 loss. I remember staring at my dad on the couch after those 3rd period goals went in. However, I had to respect the Hawks as that really was just elite hockey played at its peak all series.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I’ll be disappointed if the Bruins don’t make some changes by way of moving some core guys out.
Love you Marchy and everything you gave to the team but I’d look to move him out. He’s cooked.
Coyle or Zacha take your pick. I’d rather move Coyle and play Zacha on the wing. Ullmark and Gryzlyk need to be moved out as well.
Use the cap space to snag a centre and bring in some young players, this team needs a new leadership core.
If I owned the Bruins......you're hired as new GM :laugh:

Reactions: Bad Bruin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad