• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
wait till Austin Matthews asks for 15-16 million...lol

Sidney and Ovy wow are the under paid right now....

For sure. Their teams are loving those long term contracts right now.

I wouldn't be surprised if Matthews asks for the max. I'll be interested to see if McDavid's contract acts as a type of salary cap. Doubt it.

Reactions: Habaneros

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
For sure. Their teams are loving those long term contracts right now.

I wouldn't be surprised if Matthews asks for the max. I'll be interested to see if McDavid's contract acts as a type of salary cap. Doubt it.

If the cap does go to 82 million this year ....McDavid signed when cap was still 73 million? that alone means a bump....

and the Oiler GM said this at the time of the signing June 5 2017 :"It easily could have been a lot higher in value and shorter in term," Oilers general manager Peter Chiarelli said.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
If the cap does go to 82 million this year ....McDavid signed when cap was still 73 million? that alone means a bump....

and the Oiler GM said this at the time of the signing June 5 2017 :"It easily could have been a lot higher in value and shorter in term," Oilers general manager Peter Chiarelli said.

I'm actually still surprised that didn't happen. $13m over 5 years. They get one UFA year.

Not sure why McDavid committed like that to an organization that hasn't shown anything.

He'll still be only 29 when this deal is up. Can't imagine what the Cap will be at in 8 years probably $90m - $95m. That's $18m-$19m for salary.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
according to TSN cap will be $80 million. So we have just over $18 million and roster is currently at 21 pro players signed.

Danault and DLR are the only two players worth resigning.

Danault might get $3.5 mil.
DLR is under $1 mil or close to.

That leaves $13-14 mil cap space.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
If MB doesn't trade to bring in a center I'm expecting Pleks back and likely Bozak to be Habs after July 1s1. Also expecting another bottom pairing defenseman signed they hope can play with Weber so my expectations are very very low.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
according to TSN cap will be $80 million. So we have just over $18 million and roster is currently at 21 pro players signed.

Danault and DLR are the only two players worth resigning.

Danault might get $3.5 mil.
DLR is under $1 mil or close to.

That leaves $13-14 mil cap space.
Montreal will have more than that when Pacioretty gets traded...same as Shaw,Schlemko and part of Alzner's contract or buy him out.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Memorial Cup Memories: Martin Frk – Halifax Mooseheads

It is difficult to imagine the Mooseheads winning the Memorial Cup without Marty Frk.
Marty played most of the 2012-13 season on the Club’s top line with Nathan MacKinnon and Jonathan Drouin. Frk was the team’s second leading scorer in the regular season and his 33 playoff points tied him with MacKinnon for second among playoff scorers. It was Frk, not Drouin, who joined MacKinnon and Portland’s Ty Rattie as the forwards on the Memorial Cup All-Star team. When the statistics were tallied at the end of the 2013 season only Drouin’s 54 goals exceeded the 53 that Marty Frk scored during the regular season, playoffs and Memorial Cup.
Along with his sparkling offensive output Mooseheads fans will remember Marty Frk as the player who probably shot the puck harder than any player in team history. Unfortunately the most remarkable shot of Frk’s career was one that Mooseheads fans did not see live. During Game 4 of the President’s Cup final in Baie Comeau a Martin Frk slapshot zipped into the Drakkar net and stuck in the mesh. The arena buzzed as the game was delayed for five or six minutes as the two linesmen tried to pry the puck loose.

Reactions: AcadiaAxeMan

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
Montreal will have more than that when Pacioretty gets traded...same as Shaw,Schlemko and part of Alzner's contract or buy him out.
Mathias Brunet already reported that Habs have declared Alzner's contract won't be bought out.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Better off with high draft picks until the next #1 center hopeful is in place.
- Kotka probably 2 years away.
- a couple of centers in top 10 in 2019 who could be ready a year after their draft.

Either way, a 2 year placeholder will do, so: Pleks.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
With Ducharme here now,,i would think the odds are high Habs try for Frk...Dom Ducharme coached him and won with him

AmeriHab

Aug 3, 2012
NY
They should over pay some of the top UFAs on 1 year deals with the plan to trade them at the deadline retaining 50%, eat half at the deadline and get a couple 2019 1st. Example, John Carlson at 8+ to get him. Then at the deadline he’s just 4 on the cap

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Tehnically speaking, it will be a little more than 19.8M if the Cap is set at 80M$ for 20 contracts.
I don't expect the Habs to carry 8 D-men.

As for DLR and Danault's deals , at this point it should be an afterthought and as far as i'm concern, Danault and DLR could easily be included in a trade deal (for another center of course) . Those signing can wait after the UFA period.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
They should over pay some of the top UFAs on 1 year deals with the plan to trade them at the deadline retaining 50%, eat half at the deadline and get a couple 2019 1st. Example, John Carlson at 8+ to get him. Then at the deadline he’s just 4 on the cap

He won’t do it because he’s risking long term money.

Mid players though...that could work.

badi

Jan 21, 2008
Mark will fix center problem doing the following

Stastny 5 years 7 mill per
Plekanec 4 years 4.9 mill per
Bozak 6 years 6 mill per

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
Martin Frk to Montreal ??...Dom Ducharme and Drouin connection

https://www.tsn.ca/report-red-wings-won-t-qualify-rfa-frk-1.1118037

Frk has an absolute lazer on the PP would love to see him and Athanasiou on the Habs they need to get away from Blashill dog house as soon as possible.

If you somehow get Frk you can operate the PP like how Washington does with Frk in Ovies spot Weber in Carlson, Gallagher in Oshie spot, Drouin on the Half wall, and whoever else in front of the net

Reactions: Habaneros

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Mark will fix center problem doing the following

Stastny 5 years 7 mill per
Plekanec 4 years 4.9 mill per
Bozak 6 years 6 mill per

lol i would actually take this ...though Pleks wont sign above 2 anywhere

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
All-in on Tavares, put almost all that money on him so you can attract him, like 12Mx7. Yes that would be grossly overpaid, but that's a fine handicap for a free asset of that caliber and that move alone would fix most of our problems (center position/goal scoring ability/elite talent/PP). If you compare other possible realistic scenarios (trades our assets for a topC (O'Reilly), Bozak, missing on things/not landing an actual top6 C, ...), I more than fine with that one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad