UFA Watch central thread

How much would you offer Tavares?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
All-in on Tavares, put almost all that money on him so you can attract him, like 12Mx7. Yes that would be grossly overpaid, but that's a fine handicap for a free asset of that caliber and that move alone would fix most of our problems (center position/goal scoring ability/elite talent/PP). If you compare other possible realistic scenarios (trades our assets for a topC (O'Reilly), Bozak, missing on things/not landing an actual top6 C, ...), I more than fine with that one.

I would go for Wayne Simmonds....if we could extend him reasonable ...

sure sounds like JT is a no in Montreal.

Reactions: AcadiaAxeMan

HabsSlappy

Jul 30, 2005
Ontario
I am all in for Tavares. $12 million? $13 million? $14 million? I don't care. Do what it takes and get a #1 centre.

If we can have Tavares - Kotkaniemi - Poehling - Danault down the middle in two years, then we are in good shape. Young, but in good shape. You would also have Evans and De La Rose that can play centre as well.

Then go and trade Pacioretty for futures and you still have about 5 or 6 million to help the defense.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
JT will get paid like that wherever he chooses to go......no reason for him to come here, quit dreaming

12M is a lot. More than what he is worth. Still give him 13M then. Not sure that many team will be matching that. I didn't say I am expecting it to happen though.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Are people so gullable as to believe that merely visiting Montreal and being shown around town by Bergevin would be enough to convince any player to come here?

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
I am all in for Tavares. $12 million? $13 million? $14 million? I don't care. Do what it takes and get a #1 centre.

If we can have Tavares - Kotkaniemi - Poehling - Danault down the middle in two years, then we are in good shape. Young, but in good shape. You would also have Evans and De La Rose that can play centre as well.

Then go and trade Pacioretty for futures and you still have about 5 or 6 million to help the defense.

You can offer him all the money in the world, but how can you convince JT to join this team? What would be your sales pitch? You can't tell him that we are cup contenders because he will not stop laughing. Money we have, unfortunately we do not have the team to compete for a cup.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
Here's a little prediction game. Among the listed players rumored to be of interest for Montreal, who do you think will be a Habs on July 2nd?

This is not a wish list. Vote for the players you believe Bergevin will sign or trade for.

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
I'm hoping we sign Tavares but highly doubt that wil happen, but you know anything can happen..if we get him, draft Kotkaniemi, sign Poehling if he's ready and Tavares could be a good mentor for the young upcoming centre prospects even ROR would be a good mentor to make two way centres.

EDIT: forgot to mention Lindolm I'm guessing Ducks wouldn't move him unless another top d is listed for trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->