OT: UFA Frenzy; Wheeling and Dealing Around the Rest of League

SportsballChic

Jun 18, 2013
Toronto
"Coming to a screen this fall: (basically) 5 teams, over 120 trillion dollars worth of contracts, roughly 3.5 playoff spots and two poor ******** who don't stand a chance.... The Northeastern Norris Division: War is hell baby."

101223_bloody-jarome-iginla__getty.jpg

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
**** me in the goat ass. Not only will e from dallas follow us over but iginla will to. 12 guarenteed ****ing games of both of them adding to their highlight reels playing against us :(.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
**** me in the goat ass. Not only will e from dallas follow us over but iginla will to. 12 guarenteed ****ing games of both of them adding to their highlight reels playing against us :(.

Not gonna lie, it took me about five minutes to figure out what you were saying there.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 8m

Iggy deal: $1.8 M base salary, $3.7 M games played bonus, $500,000 goal scoring/team playoff performance: total $6 M

So 4.2 Million worth of bonuses could carry over against Boston's cap in 2014/15 and Iginla may not even be playing for them. Talk about short sighted move.

Weird dramatic way to end the career of an otherwise loyal player.

Our new division really went balls out in Free Agency/trades.
Couple teams are going to be very miserable come seasons end.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
So 4.2 Million worth of bonuses could carry over against Boston's cap in 2014/15 and Iginla may not even be playing for them. Talk about short sighted move.

Yeah, I'm not crazy about Alfie's bonus $ counting against the Wings' cap next season, but at least it's a fair amount less than Iginla's bonuses.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Yeah, I'm not crazy about Alfie's bonus $ counting against the Wings' cap next season, but at least it's a fair amount less than Iginla's bonuses.

Bertuzzi, Samuelsson, Gustavsson, Eaves, Quincey and Alfie's (3.5 base) come off the cap next year. So were in a position to defer 2M. Don't think Bos is in a good spot to defer 4.2M.

RedWingsNow*

Would take Iginla at his deal over Alfredsson at our deal any day of the week

RedWingsNow*

\

Alfredsson's the best winger Detroit has had since Hossa

What the hell?
Best Winger since Hossa?

Better than Franzen? Better than Flip two years ago? Better than even Hudler two years ago?

Cause it looks to me like Alfredsson -- who will be 41 next season ---
is coming off a season that prorates to

17 goals 28 assists - 45 points

Now... if that's the best winger we've had since Hossa --- then you must really hate our wingers.

By the way, Here's Brunner's numbers -- and we let him walk because he wanted $2.5M a year, according to the Wings press.

22 goals 26 assists 48 points (if we do this by points per minute, Brunner blows Alfredsson out of the water.0

So, I'm going to let you retract your statement. Or whatever, don't.

It's on you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad