OT: UFA Frenzy; Wheeling and Dealing Around the Rest of League

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
We got one year of Alfredsson without giving up any assets. Ryan would've cost something like Jarnkrok or Tatar + Sheahan + 1st at least.

And that playoff performance...:help:

Relax wasn't that serious.

I think we are about even, still moves to be made, depends on many things.

Noesen is that good of a player?

Well it's not like Jurco is blue chipper.

Both drafted in 2011. Noesen was late first.

Pretty identical junior numbers but Jurco was on a deeper team. Noesen with slightly better playoff numbers. Played juniors last year as he wasn't eligible for AHL.

I think Noesen projects as 2nd line PF.

And imo Silf is more valuable than Nyquist or Tatar, by a hair so it evens out if Jurco is more valuable.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 1m
It's George Parros headed to Montreal

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 8s
Habs picked up Parros so Prust doesn't have to fight all the heavyweights

Division rivals trading.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris

I...wasn't even angry at what you said? :huh:

Yeah, they still have to trim the fat. But I like our top 6. Youngsters are coming in and our defense should be better too.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Why do I have the feeling the Sens are gonna sign Brunner just to give us the middle finger?

They are trolling right back!

I...wasn't even angry at what you said? :huh:

Yeah, they still have to trim the fat. But I like our top 6. Youngsters are coming in and our defense should be better too.

I'm not sure if our D will be really better. Still could be some moves coming.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
griffins lose chad billins to calgary

"The Calgary Flames announced today that they have signed defenceman Chris Butler to a one year contract and Chad Billins to a one year, two-way entry level deal."

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 3m
David Clarkson signed a big deal in Toronto but I can tell you he left money on the table elsewhere...

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
They are trolling right back!

I'm not sure if our D will be really better. Still could be some moves coming.

If Kronwall can settle in with his number 1 role, if Ericsson can improve like he has the past couple of years, if DeKeyser can continue like he started, if Kindl and Smith can improve on last year's performance (especially Smith), we'll have a better, younger defense.

A lot of "ifs", but that's what we are looking for right now.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007

"The Calgary Flames announced today that they have signed defenceman Chris Butler to a one year contract and Chad Billins to a one year, two-way entry level deal."

Ryan Sproul's spot just opened up :)

Chance on Chance

Jul 15, 2009
Canada

Well it's not like Jurco is blue chipper.

Both drafted in 2011. Noesen was late first.

Pretty identical junior numbers but Jurco was on a deeper team. Noesen with slightly better playoff numbers. Played juniors last year as he wasn't eligible for AHL.

I think Noesen projects as 2nd line PF.

And imo Silf is more valuable than Nyquist or Tatar, by a hair so it evens out if Jurco is more valuable.
If jurco isn't a blue chipper aren't we in trouble. Don't we have him as 4th best prospect and rwc has him hig

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
If Kronwall can settle in with his number 1 role, if Ericsson can improve like he has the past couple of years, if DeKeyser can continue like he started, if Kindl and Smith can improve on last year's performance (especially Smith), we'll have a better, younger defense.

I agree, on both accounts.

If jurco isn't a blue chipper aren't we in trouble. Don't we have him as 4th best prospect and rwc has him hig

Well, imo we don't have any 'blue chippers'.

But that depends on definition. To me that is very good chance at being elite player and likely projection for 1st line/1st pairing.

Players like MacKinnon, Barkov, Huberdeau, Hamilton, Kuznetsov, Tarasenko, Murray etc.

1st Line Interloper

Will Drop the Gloves
May 4, 2013

Happy for Billins, his role for the future with the Wings was a bit redundant, especially with AA already in the pipeline. I hope he gets some chances at the NHL, maybe he sticks and becomes another one of the undrafted success stories. He was pretty good for the Griffs this year.

I'm glad that a spot opens up for the young defensemen (XO, Sproul, Backman)

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage

Yeah, agree there are a lot of IFs there. You're glass is definitely half full. Nothing wrong with that.

I don't see Kronner as a true top pairing guy. I think at this point he is who he is and there isn't much if any development left. He's 32 and I am not sure many guys have much development left at this point in their careers.

Smith is the most interesting guy from a development standpoint. He really struggled during the playoffs but he should have been up full time the previous season. I think he's the guy who could improve the most now that he's a full time NHL guy. He's always been known for being a bit boneheaded so does he become Kronwall level second pairing guy who plays in all phases, or does he become a Martin Lapointe like guy who brainfarts all over the ice? I have been a Smith fan and hope he can pull it together this season.

Dekeyser is a guy who I think will only continue to improve. He's already better than Lashoff, Cola, Kindl and probably Smith. I don't expect much offense from him but he can be a fixture in your middle pairing and you'll never notice him. That's a good thing.

Kindl clearly proved he's an NHL player and can contribute on the PP. He's getting very soft minutes so it remains to be seen if he's more than a 3rd pairing guy who can chip in on the PP.

I am most confident in Dekeyser, followed by Smith.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Happy for Billins, his role for the future with the Wings was a bit redundant, especially with AA already in the pipeline. I hope he gets some chances at the NHL, maybe he sticks and becomes another one of the undrafted success stories. He was pretty good for the Griffs this year.

I'm glad that a spot opens up for the young defensemen (XO, Sproul, Backman)

Yeah, very happy for him. He's had a lot of success the past couple seasons. I think he'll carve out a nice career for himself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad