OT: UFA Frenzy; Wheeling and Dealing Around the Rest of League

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Let the Deals commence and Rumors start.

Ferrence just agreed on a 2.25M per deal with Edmonton.

New Division rival Leafs pushing hard for Bozak and Clarkson right now.

Edit: You can follow Live coverage on TSN 2 right now.

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
Brian Lawton ‏@brianlawton9 1m

Hearing Fillpula turned down quite a while ago 4.75 for 7 years.....don't think that gets beat today in the UFA market. #NOLOOKINGBACK

Wow!

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
PM Bouchard Goes to the Islander for 1 year 2M.

They also re signed Nabokov 3.75M.

What is the value for Horton?

4.85 Million per year for Clowe! This is laughable. Great role player, but come on.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
This year's FA has already been so much more fast paced than last year's! This is what I like to see.

combination of having the time before free agency to talk to players and not having Suter and Parise holding things up i'd guess

1st Line Interloper

Will Drop the Gloves
May 4, 2013
There are some stupid deals being handed out here. Really like what Phoenix is doing today, I think the Coyotes and Stars are back in the playoffs soon.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
7 years is risky, but the 5.3 cap hit for Horton seems downright reasonable. Just got to hope his concussion issues don't become an issue.

I think Cbus had to take a risk on the term to get a guy like Horton to sign there, but the cap hit is great. The Jackets are quietly building a nice team.

Scuderi 4 years at 13.5M total To Pittsburgh.

Great value there actually, around 3.4 Per for Scuderi. Hell of a lot beter than Quincey.

He's exactly what they need given how bad their defense has been. Great signing for Shero, as Scuderi probably gets $4M+ elsewhere.

MrTaterSalad

May 29, 2011
Horton at 5.3 is a nice price, I would have loved for the Wings to be in on that. Even if he is going to be out until December.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad