OT: UFA Frenzy; Wheeling and Dealing Around the Rest of League

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
I know this wasn't a FA move, but I thought the Boston/Dallas trade was pretty major. Ballsy move by Chiarelli to move out a guy with the promise of Seguin, but getting back Eriksson was fantastic for the B's. He's pretty much Bergeron on the wing, which doesn't suck.

Boston opens up some cap space while getting LE and some really good prospects (including Brendan Smith's brother, I think), and Dallas gets a potential #1C to bounce Benn back to the wing along with Peverley, who's a great utility guy who can PK, play up and down the lineup effectively, and can really skate.

Seems like a good deal for both teams.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
I think Cbus had to take a risk on the term to get a guy like Horton to sign there, but the cap hit is great. The Jackets are quietly building a nice team.

Yeah, the new GM in Columbus is doing a fine job. They are going to be a good team for the foreseeable future.

SportsballChic

Jun 18, 2013
Toronto
Clarkson gets 7 years from Leafs. No AAV announsed.

Bozak re signed with Leafs 5 years 4.2M per year.

I dunno how good Bozak is, but that's not the worst price in the world if he's a legit top 2 center.

Makes the Grabo move more understandable; if they really weren't going to play him ahead of Bozak, having him on the team would drive up Bozak's price. Interesting.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Toronto and Columbus hand out 7-year contracts while Val turns down Detroit.

Thank your lucky stars, Holland

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
I dunno how good Bozak is, but that's not the worst price in the world if he's a legit top 2 center.

Makes the Grabo move more understandable; if they really weren't going to play him ahead of Bozak, having him on the team would drive up Bozak's price. Interesting.

Leafs are looking good:

Van Riemsdyk - Bozak - Kessel
Clarkson - Kadri - Lupul
Kulemin - Bolland - ?
McLaren/Orr - McClement - ?
Colbourne

Have to give Noonis his due, thats an impressive group up front. And lots of cap space to fill those two bottom 6 checking roles.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
Leafs now finalizing their moves....Clarkson gets 7 years from Leafs. No AAV announced.

Bozak re signed with Leafs 5 years 4.2M per year.

That should be a wake-up call for Flip's camp. He won't see anything close to what he was allegedly looking for in term and salary.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Leafs are looking good:

Clarkson - Kadri - Lupul
Kulemin - Bolland - ?
Colbourne

Have to give Noonis his due, thats an impressive group up front. And lots of cap space to fill those two bottom 6 checking roles.

Disagree, any team with Tyler Bozak as their #1C is anything but impressive.

Chance on Chance

Jul 15, 2009
Canada
Leafs are looking good:

Clarkson - Kadri - Lupul
Kulemin - Bolland - ?
Colbourne

Pretty good. Lacks the true #1 punch but seems like their gonna go for offense by committee

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Boyd Freakin Gordon got 3M per year from Edmonton??

this can't be correct.

Now Matt Cullen getting two years 7 Million. That is also puke in your mouth bad.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Horton is a nice piece. But from what I heard he had no intention of signing in a traditional hockey market, which probably left us out.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
Does Pittsburgh have a higher cap than everyone else??

They're under the cap now... But they don't have any more space. They'll have to go the trade route to get what they need to round out their roster. Chances are, they might not even have depth players.

Yzerberg

May 6, 2013
Western Kentucky
They're under the cap now... But they don't have any more space. They'll have to go the trade route to get what they need to round out their roster. Chances are, they might not even have depth players.

I was thinking they were already up against it before signing Scuderi. Guess they'll have to let Iggy go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad