Great Britain: U20 WJC (D1B) discussion

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Duggan & Antonov had their ice time cut down a ton but glad to see Betteridge seems to have moved into the lineup now. He played the last few shifts with Duggan/Antonov which is a line I'd rather see.

I'd love to see them go:
Venus-Stewart-Mackie
Chamberalin-Cownie-Hook
Antonov-Duggan-Betteridge
they don't use the 4th line anyway

Either move Selby to defense or leave him on the 4th line. He brings nothing to the table as a forward.

UKwild

Nov 12, 2013
Wembley

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Duggan & Antonov had their ice time cut down a ton but glad to see Betteridge seems to have moved into the lineup now. He played the last few shifts with Duggan/Antonov which is a line I'd rather see.

I'd love to see them go:
Venus-Stewart-Mackie
Chamberalin-Cownie-Hook
Antonov-Duggan-Betteridge
they don't use the 4th line anyway

Either move Selby to defense or leave him on the 4th line. He brings nothing to the table as a forward.

Looks like those lines will happen with Selby injured.

This is why I don't understand why they take 8 D & 12 F rather than 7/13. Now they're down a forward with 1 injury

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
I've yelled at my TV a couple times when Hook & his line dump it in and go in on a forecheck when they really should be changing. It's a long change in the 2nd period, you can't piss away changes.

Probably the best GB U20 performance I've watched through 2 periods so far and it's only 2-2. France is good and they're not only keeping up with them but controlling the puck well. They're getting the pucks deep and battling in the corners which is what they have to do, they can't out dangle France lol I still get scared at the defense quite a bit, they stand there watching France and they seem to like going for hits at the blue line. It's worked so far but 1 missed hit and France can bury no problem.

Stewart is separating himself from the rest tonight. His end to end skate finally showed off his skating is better than the rest, he seems to have figured out when he can & can't be physical with international refs, and he keeps showing his defensive smarts which he's always done.

Saw a lot of Taylor/Morris that period and a lot less of Duggan which surprised me.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
What a game

Love all the UK hockey fans who say lower standard = lower excitement when debating import limits

That game was more exciting than every Rangers NHL game I have watched this year combined

On that note, when is the NHL going to switch to Olympic ice

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
What a game

Love all the UK hockey fans who say lower standard = lower excitement when debating import limits

That game was more exciting than every Rangers NHL game I have watched this year combined

On that note, when is the NHL going to switch to Olympic ice

That's what I meant to ask! Is Dumfries using Olympic ice? That doesn't look very big?

robbza

Oct 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
Does GB actually have the youngest team at the tournament, it seems we have some of the younger players there with a 16 year old and a 15 year old, then some of the younger 17 year olds.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
A Kazakh win followed by GB beating Ukraine would mean GB can't possibly get relegated.

If GB wins against Ukraine & Japan and France loses tomorrow to Kazakhstan, GB will earn bronze

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
2nd period scoring was 5-3 lmao sounds like a goalie dual!!! :sarcasm:

Hopefully the Kazakh side wakes up for the 3rd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad