3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Schedule is out there too, didn't see it till now:
Mon 9 Dec - 20:00 - GBR vs ITA
Tue 10 Dec - 20:00 - KAZ vs GBR
Thu 12 Dec - 20:00 - FRA vs GBR
Sat 14 Dec - 20:00 - UKR vs GBR
Sun 15 Dec - 20:00 - GBR vs JPN

I'm guessing those times are all local which is excellent for me, means none of the games are in the morning lol

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
I'm really not optimistic for this tournament at all, to be honest :(

Did you hear that Josh Cook won't be coming to play for GB U20? That won't help your optimism eh?

The teams so young, there's only 3 94 born forwards and 2 of them are in NA and the other is Ross Venus. I don't expect them to win the group or anything but I expect some good competitive games. If they avoid relegation they'll have quite an experienced group of forwards going into next year.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
http://www.eliteleague.co.uk/worlds-warm-up-game--p188791

Great Britain Under-20s will play two warm-up games next week ahead of the World Championship (Division 1B) tournament in Dumfries.

Pete Russell's youngsters will face a Scottish Elite Select side on Thursday 5th December 2013 (8pm), followed by a game against Solway Sharks on Saturday 7th December (7:30pm).

Both games will take place at Dumfries Ice Bowl - the venue for the upcoming World Championship tournament.

The Elite League Scottish Select squad will be made up of the following players…

Dundee Stars: Vince Connon, Robbie Hill, Sam McClusky, Lewis McIntosh, Bari McKenzie, Adam McNicol & Paul Swindlehurst.
Edinburgh Capitals: Michal Benadik, Mark Fowley, Peter Holecko, Jan Safar & Marcus Zembergs.
Fife Flyers: Allan Anderson, Justin Dacosta, Blair Daly, Tim Hartung, Matt Reber & Derek Roehl.
Coach: Richard Hartmann (Edinburgh Capitals).

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Reckon that anyone will pick this up for TV? Seem to recall that the Olympic games where picked up but I'm doubting that anyone would do it for the WJC. At best, maybe Premier Sports? But that would've announced by now I think.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Unlikely. From what I know there will definitely be live streams of the games and for me that's more than enough considering it use to be near impossible to get a live stream lol

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
The IIHF site has the extra players not named to the final roster: Niall Quinn ('94 G) Joshua Grievesen ('97 D) Jonathan Kirk ('95 D) Lee Boner ('97 F) and Samuel Towner ('95 F).

I'll be interested to see Grievesen at the U18s. Not only because he grew up in Dumfries but because he's supposedly a pretty good 97 born D-man @ Northwood in Lake Placid.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
I'm more than a little pissed about these fees for the U20 feeds. I get they want some cash but those prices... I can go watch future NHLers for less money, and be in the same rink as them ffs. Also costs less for feeds for junior hockey in Canada... a lot less.

UKwild

Nov 12, 2013
Wembley
I'm more than a little pissed about these fees for the U20 feeds. I get they want some cash but those prices... I can go watch future NHLers for less money, and be in the same rink as them ffs. Also costs less for feeds for junior hockey in Canada... a lot less.

Couldn't find the link for the feed, have you got it and how much is it?

Thanks

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
I know mate how do they expect to grow the sport in the country when you can hardly watch it online.

Right? The point of the live stream is to reach a wider audience, mainly the people who can't afford to travel to Dumfries to watch the tournament. There isn't a massive audience for Ice Hockey in GB as is, so the point should be to reach fans you wouldn't normally be able to get. With a price tag on the streams, they're destroying the entire point.

With any luck nobody buys it and they don't screw up the U18 live streams this way.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
They're going to be sorely disappointed if they think many will buy that. Very poor as not everyone can get time of work or make it to Dumfries to watch in person so a stream is the best option as it isn't on TV. Poor, very poor.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
I was a bit nervous that I'd be alone on this lol glad to see I'm not the only one.

I really really hope people don't seriously buy this. If the sales are good they'll think selling this for U18s is also a good idea. IIHF was just getting consistent with their free streams to help exposure and now GB does this, drives me nuts.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Is the website run by the governing body of UK Ice Hockey?

I'm not sure tbh, their website is so brutal it's tough to tell exactly.

IIHF have had live streams for almost every event on their site for the last 2 years now. This is the first time I have ever seen one charge a fee to watch the stream, especially at this low of a level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad