Tyson Barrie Discussion

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
He was amazing. That might make you upset, but he was the best defenceman on the ice. That spin and perfecf pass to Mikhaev was terrific. His shot was actually heavy and he will score goals with it.
Nice to have a stud defenceman.

No, that pass was flubbed, say what you want but Mikheyev finished that 50/50 play Barrie created. Disagree about goals, I highly doubt he hits double digits, highly doubt.

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Perfect... the Leafs and Barrie having a great season, and we become sellers at the deadline, and throw away a year....

Hold it, what now?
You think there's any chance this guys stays after this year? Specially if hisbinitialmask is 8M...that means dubas will offer 9+

When need good defenders that can defend, love for Barrie to stay but wont happen so yah

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
You think there's any chance this guys stays after this year? Specially if hisbinitialmask is 8M...that means dubas will offer 9+

When need good defenders that can defend, love for Barrie to stay but wont happen so yah

Yes, there is a chance he stays. Specially? LOL I mean, especially I get... if his ask is $8M, and he's worth it, sure.

Most importantly, you don't trade away a key player, in your all in year. That's just dumb. Especially, for some fantasy that a player on another team will sign for you. There would be no way to know, that Pietrangelo would sign with the Leafs on July 1st, at the trade deadline...

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Yes, there is a chance he stays. Specially? LOL I mean, especially I get... if his ask is $8M, and he's worth it, sure.

Most importantly, you don't trade away a key player, in your all in year. That's just dumb. Especially, for some fantasy that a player on another team will sign for you. There would be no way to know, that Pietrangelo would sign with the Leafs on July 1st, at the trade deadline...
Ok but how many KEY players do the leafs have/need? Like hes what 6/7 best on the roster?

Why cant we trade for pietriangelo at deadline also if it's possible?

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Ok but how many KEY players do the leafs have/need? Like hes what 6/7 best on the roster?

Why cant we trade for pietriangelo at deadline also if it's possible?

The Blues aren't stupid enough to trade a key player, when they too will be gunning for playoff success. You just don't do that.

Reactions: stickty111 and kb

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
He's amazing, the exact D-man we needed on our right-side (I.e a smart puck-moving D).

I really hope this doesn't happen, but I have a strong feeling that one of Rielly or Barrie are going to be the next 'scapegoats'. I hope it doesn't happen, but high risk high reward players are never truly appreciated in Toronto. The good >>> the bad.
Rielly falling from grace would be near impossible.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Ok, but unlike the leafs, they may not want to lose a very good player for nothing
Yes, cup teams always want to trade expiring assets for futures. :help:

Name a cup champion that traded away a key piece at the deadline that was expiring for draft picks. Note the word key piece.

I'll be waiting......like holy hell. You aren't substituting Dermott for Barrie, you are substituting Holl or Marincin for Barrie. Dermott is playing regardless.

I truly wish people would think more before posting.....

Last edited:

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Not if Marincin or Holl plays because Barrie was traded. You gave up on the season.
There are better players on the marlies then maricin, dubas just refuse to give up on this guy. I'm very certain an upgrade on maricin isn't tough to get if it was a huge need

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Yes, cup teams always want to trade expiring assets for futures. :help:

Name a cup champion that traded away a key piece at the deadline that was expiring for draft picks. Note the word key piece.

I'll be waiting......like holy hell. You aren't substituting Dermott for Barrie, you are substituting Holl or Marincin for Barrie. Dermott is playing regardless.

I truly wish people would think more before posting.....
So were an automatic cup contender?? Why because we signed our kids to huge contracts? We havent even won a single series in God knows how long and you guys are talking cup

Hahaha

And sorry I dont care enough to track back

kb

Aug 28, 2009
So were an automatic cup contender?? Why because we signed our kids to huge contracts? We havent even won a single series in God knows how long and you guys are talking cup

Hahaha

And sorry I dont care enough to track back
It's ok. You don't need to. This was the right move with JVR and Bozak. Not today.

Whether you understand it or not, there is a well defined cup window. It's 5 years. Only an idiot throws that away for "tomorrow".

Reactions: stickty111

kb

Aug 28, 2009
There are better players on the marlies then maricin, dubas just refuse to give up on this guy. I'm very certain an upgrade on maricin isn't tough to get if it was a huge need
There aren't better players than Barrie down there. That is the point. So tell me, who is going to be trading for Barrie in your scenario? Yes, a cup contender. So a late first, weaken your team, and strength a contender.

It's kinda simple.....

Please, just use common sense.

Reactions: stickty111

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
It's ok. You don't need to. This was the right move with JVR and Bozak. Not today.

Whether you understand it or not, there is a well defined cup window. It's 5 years. Only an idiot throws that away for "tomorrow".
Hahaha here's my idiotic thought process just to make you feel alittle better about it and then I'll let you go to sleep.

There is no way Tyson Barrie is around next year, zero for me since hes not only gonna demand allot that our cap situation cant handle and also how his new deal would affect Morgan rielly upcoming deal.

Secondly because of our kids contracts and how it is killing our cap situation we are gonna be more and more desperate to use drafted players on entry level deals in the coming years for us to be competitive.

So yes I'd rather our team be "cup contenders" for many years which is Babcock and dubas' plan based on their interviews then go for it this year and start over next when we gotta revamp our defence again.

Tired of losing assets for nothing, it has gotten us nowhere

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
There aren't better players than Barrie down there. That is the point. So tell me, who is going to be trading for Barrie in your scenario? Yes, a cup contender. So a late first, weaken your team, and strength a contender.

Again we wont miss Barrie's points as we would a good defender. Barrie is great but guys like demott on better deals are better at playing defence...remember Gardiner?

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Hahaha here's my idiotic thought process just to make you feel alittle better about it and then I'll let you go to sleep.

There is no way Tyson Barrie is around next year, zero for me since hes not only gonna demand allot that our cap situation cant handle and also how his new deal would affect Morgan rielly upcoming deal.

Secondly because of our kids contracts and how it is killing our cap situation we are gonna be more and more desperate to use drafted players on entry level deals in the coming years for us to be competitive.

So yes I'd rather our team be "cup contenders" for many years which is Babcock and dubas' plan based on their interviews then go for it this year and start over next when we gotta revamp our defence again.

Tired of losing assets for nothing, it has gotten us nowhere
If the cap situation is so dire, how do you fit Pietrangelo under the cap if Barrie doesn't fit?

Hey, maybe that late first he'll get will play in 4 seasons when the Leafs cup window closes.

Last edited:

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I'd rather have Gardiner than Marincin or Holl. I don't see one better Dman on the Marlies this year or in the next few who make Barrie expendable.

Please remember that rookies who look good in the A may take 3 years to be dependable at the NHL level.

I'm done, you have an NHL 20 mentality with no real explanation on how Barrie will be replaced this season when most definitely it is a cup window season.

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
If the cap situation is so dire, how do you fit Pietrangelo under the cap if Barrie doesn't fit?

Hey, maybe that late first will play in 4 seasons when the Leafs cup window closes.

That's where I would gladly trade a pietriangelo for muzzin, Barrie and ceci...not sure what his demands would be but I doubt and hopeful it's not what barrie is talking.

A rielly pietriangelo duo would be the best top pairing in the league and that's where Dermonts and sandins and hopefully lilejgrin come in.

Again we can replace points but hard to get those good defenders.

Anything over 7 for alex and we gotta find another option

I'm not saying it's going to happen, it's just my preference and I didn't think it's totally idiotic but "some" might say so

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad