Tyson Barrie Discussion

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
You're not paying 8 mil, the leafs are and you're as wrong as wrong can be about this post. First cringe take of the year boys!!!

Again, I criticized his shot and his risk taking while complimenting his play under pressure and saying he’s not worth an 8x8 contract. I didn’t kill anyone’s dog

He came advertised as having a booming shot and would be an immediate weapon on one of our PP’s. No. His wrister in fact was one of the worst I’ve seen since Marner’s rookie year. Sorry if that hurts your feelings but I’m watching the games and that’s my opinion. I will add though that he did a good job getting that muffin through ;)

edit: One of his shots a player actually attempted to tip and it just stopped...

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Barrie's play was exactly what I expected last night. High risk, but awesome. He's a high event player. Lots of puck movement, lots of nifty shifts and spins. He's a game changer.

Sometimes the results will hurt the team. But with the Leafs being built the way they are, he'll fit right in to the offensive style.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Blue Nate

Sep 27, 2017
St Catharines
I've never seen a Leafs RHD do the things Barrie did last night and I love it! It's so weird to see lol

Our best offensive D while I've been a Leafs fan have always been lefties. Berard, Kaberle, McCabe, Leetch, Phaneuf, Gardiner, Rielly.

The only significant offensive RHDs I can think of are Svehla and Kubina... Lol we've been deprived!
Larry Murphy? :sarcasm:

Cappuccino

Aug 18, 2017
the Netherlands
Take care of him. We’ll forever love him and I’ve taken on the Leafs as my team in the East because of Barrie along with how well your team embraced the culture in my home province in NL.
(And also low key love you more for allowing me to never have to watch Kerfoot on the Avs again lol).

Barrie’s a stud. What you saw last night is what you’ll continue to see. People saying he’s too risky or too dangerous need to get over that. Barrie is high event and you need to be ok with that. He’s at his best when he plays this way.

Glad Babcock hasn’t put training wheels on him. If you try to shelter Tyson Barrie he becomes just a good offensive player but still poor defensively. You let Tyson Barrie run and play his own game and you get an elite offensive defenseman who will rarely even get exposed defensively because his magic keeps the play on the Leafs stick.
So you won't do Kerfoot + 2nd for Timmins? Just kidding. I like the Avs. I liked them before (a tie with some other teams though), because MacK is really fun to watch and now with Kadri. The Avs stay for sure one of the teams in the West I'll keep an eye on.

Let's hope the trade works out for both teams, they both filled a hole with this trade.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cousin Eddie

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Games like that help firm up my "Kapanen is the odd man out by Christmas" inkling. It's early but that line looked better with Hyman, and I like Moore and Mikheyev's inzone play better.

It's tough though. In a vacuum the perfect trade would be for someone like Nutivaara, but that squeezes Sandin out.

Reactions: kb

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
As a Toronto native living in Denver, I couldn't disagree with you more. The Avs have huge fan support here. First team to bring a championship to this city.

I've got great seats for the upcoming Avs and Bruins game next week. Hoping to see Kadri throw some hits on DeBrusk. Oh ya.
John Elway has questions. Nevermind first ever. Not only. My miss read. My bad.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Leafs Lines By Christmas

Johnsson - Matthews - Nylander
Hyman - - - Tavares - - - Marner
Micheyev - - Kerfoot - - Kapanen
Korshkov - - Gauthier - - - Moore

Rielly - Dermott
Muzzin - Barrie
Sandin - - - Ceci​

Reactions: NoTouchIcing

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
Again, I criticized his shot and his risk taking while complimenting his play under pressure and saying he’s not worth an 8x8 contract. I didn’t kill anyone’s dog

He came advertised as having a booming shot and would be an immediate weapon on one of our PP’s. No. His wrister in fact was one of the worst I’ve seen since Marner’s rookie year. Sorry if that hurts your feelings but I’m watching the games and that’s my opinion. I will add though that he did a good job getting that muffin through ;)

One game dude...hometown team, friends family...one game...give it time
edit: One of his shots a player actually attempted to tip and it just stopped...

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Yes he brings an element we have never had. Take the great offense with the ugly defense. But last night more great than ugly. He was very good with puck last night. But he often misses defensive assignments, gets caught regularly where attacker between him and net, has a hard time controlling puck in a battle on boards, can't stop play with board play, a lots of little things only a defender would truly see. It is gonna be really really hard to pay this guy what he wants for what he brings overall. Have to really asses Dermy better when he gets back.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I'm just hoping berries numbers are huge so by trade deadline with his very low cap hit we get a 1st rounder + back for him

And JT talks to pietrangelo to come home
So give up on this year?

MLSE

Jan 30, 2004
Windsor, Ontario
Leafs Lines By Christmas

Johnsson - Matthews - Nylander
Hyman - - - Tavares - - - Marner
Micheyev - - Kerfoot - - Kapanen
Korshkov - - Gauthier - - - Moore

Rielly - Dermott
Muzzin - Barrie
Sandin - - - Ceci​

Love it but Timashov is earning his spot, tough to drop him. Also may be good for Korshkov to get more minutes in the AHL for a year, doesn't hurt much at all to have Timashov over Korshkov on the 4th line.

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
It’s one game.... Look I think our D is much better than it was last year but it’s not like the Sens are the cream of the NHL. Ceci also played a nice quiet game which is what we need from him.

It’s really unfortunate that Sandin played under 10 mins. I get that he is better than most of the people who would replace him but the kid needs to be playing 20 mins a night with Liljegren. Bring them both up at the TDL.

Under 10 was too little but he doesn't really need to be playing 20 yet. It didn't help that we spent the entire first period on the powerplay. However Babcock should have had him out there when we had the game under control in the third.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I have no idea what you guys we’re watching.
His shot was a complete muffin, it actually looked like Marner’s in year one.
He was taking risks all over the place. He didn’t get burned tonight but I guarantee you a more aggressive team will take advantage of those and I’m worried.
His skating and poise under pressure seemed to be alright though and that’s big.

No chance I’m paying 8x8 though. No chance.

No, his shot was horrendous. I know his reputation and that’s what you’re all going on as well as highlights, but that’s not the player I saw last night.

edit: If you want a riverboat gambler we should’ve just kept Gardzy. I’m expecting more.

Nice spin, flub pass, lucky Mik slapped it.

So you don’t think his skating and poise under pressure was good? Okie dokie.

And you’re willing to pay the man 8x8? Cmon

I criticized his risks and his shot, that’s it. I didn’t see anywhere near an 8M Dman though.

edit: his wrist shot is weaker than Gardiner’s I guarantee it. I saw him take... 1?... slapper? Not as advertised.

He was amazing. That might make you upset, but he was the best defenceman on the ice. That spin and perfecf pass to Mikhaev was terrific. His shot was actually heavy and he will score goals with it.
Nice to have a stud defenceman.

Matthews34

Oct 9, 2009
Uxbridge
He was amazing. That might make you upset, but he was the best defenceman on the ice. That spin and perfecf pass to Mikhaev was terrific. His shot was actually heavy and he will score goals with it.
Nice to have a stud defenceman.

Are you insinuating Rielly isn't a stud defenceman???

Alamo Leafer

Help end animal cruelty
Sep 12, 2018
Gatineau, QC
I know it's only been 1 meaningful game/sample, but so far: EXCELLENT :thumbu:
Hope this is a sign of things to come, then we can all get into freakout mood on how to sign him long term :DD

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
I'm just hoping berries numbers are huge so by trade deadline with his very low cap hit we get a 1st rounder + back for him

And JT talks to pietrangelo to come home
Delusional. If Barrie is lighting it up, even less chance we trade him away.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
More dynamic, absolutely. I just mean they’re similar in being overly mistake prone and soft on defense.

8 million would be ridiculous.

The big advantage Barrie has is that he can create goals from nothing as we saw last night. He is a faster skater and better dangler than Gardiner.

Defensively this will help get him our of tough situations, although he is a little soft in the D-zone. However, a Dermott could be a great long-term partner.

8x8 for Barrie is too much, but I would be willing to do 8 million over 4 years. You can find Muzzin's on the market at bargain, but its harder to find Tyson Barries.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
The big advantage Barrie has is that he can create goals from nothing as we saw last night. He is a faster skater and better dangler than Gardiner.

Defensively this will help get him our of tough situations, although he is a little soft in the D-zone. However, a Dermott could be a great long-term partner.

8x8 for Barrie is too much, but I would be willing to do 8 million over 4 years. You can find Muzzin's on the market at bargain, but its harder to find Tyson Barries.
I don’t have a negative thing to say about 2 million dollar Tyson Barrie.

I’d have more opinion at 7 or 8 million. It’ll be interesting to see how his situation all plays out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad