Tyson Barrie Discussion

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
I really hope this doesn't happen, but I have a strong feeling that one of Rielly or Barrie are going to be the next 'scapegoats'. I hope it doesn't happen, but high risk high reward players are never truly appreciated in Toronto. The good >>> the bad.

It’ll be Ceci, whether he deserves it or not. He’s already got the rep and being Rielly’s partner he’ll be scrutinized if he screws up or allegedly brings down that pairing.

Reactions: 666

Cappuccino

Aug 18, 2017
the Netherlands
prolly should since they have one of the best players in the league there tbh....say what you want to say about them they do draft well.
I think one of the Avs problems is they don't draft very well... they needed to trade Barrie (partly because he had 1 year left and Makar was ready to take over, but also because you have to give to get) to get a 2nd line center.

Sure they drafted MacK, Duchene, Makar, Rantanen, Landeskog, Byram, even EJ, but they were all high picks. They need to draft a bit better when they are not on the board anymore before pick 25.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Having Rielly on one pairing and Barrie on the next gives us 2 really elite puck movers. That toe drag at his blue line was ballsy and filthy.
He’s going to be murdered by babs when he pulls something like that and it doesn’t work lol. It was nasty though

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
I have no idea what you guys we’re watching.
His shot was a complete muffin, it actually looked like Marner’s in year one.
He was taking risks all over the place. He didn’t get burned tonight but I guarantee you a more aggressive team will take advantage of those and I’m worried.
His skating and poise under pressure seemed to be alright though and that’s big.

No chance I’m paying 8x8 though. No chance.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
He was taking risks all over the place. He didn’t get burned tonight but I guarantee you a more aggressive team will take advantage of those and I’m worried.
His skating and poise under pressure seemed to be alright though and that’s big.

Haha what? Barrie is one of the better skaters and puck moving D in the league. And the kind of player he is, he has to be making high risk plays at times, it's why he's paired with a really good dman in Muzzin. He also has a good shot. In fact your entire post is pretty much just wrong, so congrats.

Reactions: stickty111

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
Haha what? Barrie is one of the better skaters and puck moving D in the league. And the kind of player he is, he has to be making high risk plays at times, it's why he's paired with a really good dman in Muzzin. He also has a good shot. In fact your entire post is pretty much just wrong, so congrats.

No, his shot was horrendous. I know his reputation and that’s what you’re all going on as well as highlights, but that’s not the player I saw last night.

edit: If you want a riverboat gambler we should’ve just kept Gardzy. I’m expecting more.

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
Sorry but you guys are throwing out 8M numbers and I’m not seeing half that. I’m damn glad we’re not paying him his full salary.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Barrie's amazing but too risky. Never should be dangling a guy in your own end 1 on 1. He'll be good for the Leafs but there'll be some rough times.
Yep. He got lucky a few times and made at least two very poor defensive plays that could have cost them, but it’s the Senators.
He looked like the defenseman version of Marner tonight.

Item number 1 for the video session today. Don’t ever do that **** again. :laugh:

Barrie will be an excellent replacement for Gardiner in every way - he’ll bring you out of your seat on offense, but make you want to pull out your hair on defense. He’s always been that way and it’s unlikely to change now.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Take care of him. We’ll forever love him and I’ve taken on the Leafs as my team in the East because of Barrie along with how well your team embraced the culture in my home province in NL.
(And also low key love you more for allowing me to never have to watch Kerfoot on the Avs again lol).

Barrie’s a stud. What you saw last night is what you’ll continue to see. People saying he’s too risky or too dangerous need to get over that. Barrie is high event and you need to be ok with that. He’s at his best when he plays this way.

Glad Babcock hasn’t put training wheels on him. If you try to shelter Tyson Barrie he becomes just a good offensive player but still poor defensively. You let Tyson Barrie run and play his own game and you get an elite offensive defenseman who will rarely even get exposed defensively because his magic keeps the play on the Leafs stick.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Yep. He got lucky a few times and made at least two very poor defensive plays that could have cost them, but it’s the Senators.

Item number 1 for the video session today. Don’t ever do that **** again. :laugh:

Barrie will be an excellent replacement for Gardiner in every way - he’ll bring you out of your seat on offense, but make you want to pull out your hair on defense. He’s always been that way and it’s unlikely to change now.

Gards was overrated offensively. Barrie is way better.

Reactions: JayDog17

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto

Everything I just read was wrong. That's impressive.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Take care of him. We’ll forever love him and I’ve taken on the Leafs as my team in the East because of Barrie along with how well your team embraced the culture in my home province in NL.
(And also low key love you more for allowing me to never have to watch Kerfoot on the Avs again lol).

Barrie’s a stud. What you saw last night is what you’ll continue to see. People saying he’s too risky or too dangerous need to get over that. Barrie is high event and you need to be ok with that. He’s at his best when he plays this way.

Glad Babcock hasn’t put training wheels on him. If you try to shelter Tyson Barrie he becomes just a good offensive player but still poor defensively. You let Tyson Barrie run and play his own game and you get an elite offensive defenseman who will rarely even get exposed defensively because his magic keeps the play on the Leafs stick.
Avs have become the adopted team of many fans because of naz too. It's funny what changes when the two fan bases aren't discussing a bozie for stas/ror deal (yes I know those were leaf fans) :laugh::naughty:

Reactions: Cappuccino

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
Everything I just read was wrong. That's impressive.

So you don’t think his skating and poise under pressure was good? Okie dokie.

And you’re willing to pay the man 8x8? Cmon

I criticized his risks and his shot, that’s it. I didn’t see anywhere near an 8M Dman though.

edit: his wrist shot is weaker than Gardiner’s I guarantee it. I saw him take... 1?... slapper? Not as advertised.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Barrie is better in both ends than Gardiner. He'll be decent enough in his own end... but he was flat out flying in the o zone last night. Much better showing last night.

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
And I’m not saying I’d rather have Gardiner, I’m just saying I was expecting a heck of a lot more with you guys shouting 8x8 numbers.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Shares the team lead in points! ;)

Going to be great to have that production on the right side of the blueline.

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017

You're not paying 8 mil, the leafs are and you're as wrong as wrong can be about this post. First cringe take of the year boys!!!

Reactions: stickty111

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad