Player Discussion Tyler Toffoli

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Byron is for me.

This squad needs Byron's speed more than ever before. You need to have him in the lineup and hope for the best.

That said I don't want Tatar sitting either even though he looks like complete ass since he returned.

Reactions: tazsub3

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
thank you for bringing this article to our attention.
I loved it. You see, you can have a kid from Scarborough be proud and bring pride to the habs. yet the kid from quebec is at home for xyz reasons he cant handle.

I wish politions and media leaves politics out of hockey!

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
This squad needs Byron's speed more than ever before. You need to have him in the lineup and hope for the best.

That said I don't want Tatar sitting either even though he looks like complete ass since he returned.

Byron brought nothing in the 2nd half of the return to play last year - when we needed him most.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Byron brought nothing in the 2nd half of the return to play last year - when we needed him most.

You just gotta hope he does bring his game the way he brought it against pittsburgh in the bubble. The club definitely needs more speed though.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Wut?

Paul Byron
January 8 0-2-2
February 11 1-2-3
March 12 1-3-4
April 13 2-3-5
May 2 1-1-2

He got better as the year progressed and ended up 46 5-11-16 which is pretty decent considering his usage.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Wut?

Paul Byron
January 8 0-2-2
February 11 1-2-3
March 12 1-3-4
April 13 2-3-5
May 2 1-1-2

He got better as the year progressed and ended up 46 5-11-16 which is pretty decent considering his usage.

I've prefered Lehkonen on the 4th line this year. More grit and tougher to play against. But Toronto may not require that. I'm fine with Byron over Lehkonen or Armia. Perry is debatable. But definitely not Byron over Caufield imo.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I've prefered Lehkonen on the 4th line this year. More grit and tougher to play against. But Toronto may not require that. I'm fine with Byron over Lehkonen or Armia. Perry is debatable. But definitely not Byron over Caufield imo.

I was disagreeing with the fact that Byron brought nothing in the 2nd half which was miles better than the 1st half. I would still dress Caufield, Armia, Lehkoen and Perry over him.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
"I had been watching a lot of games during my time in the bubble in Edmonton because there wasn’t a whole to do and one of the guys who kept catching my eye? Nick Suzuki. I’m serious. I didn’t get to see a whole lot of him while I was playing on the West Coast. But watching him against the Pens … I was just like, Man, I want to play on this guy’s line one day."

:yo: :yo: :yo:

....nah, those playins and playoffs were all for NOTHING. Muh' Marco Rossi. :sarcasm:
One smart player impressed by another.
Likely more than once thought “I see what you were trying there”, even if the play didn’t work out.

Reactions: Andrei79

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I was disagreeing with the fact that Byron brought nothing in the 2nd half which was miles better than the 1st half. I would still dress Caufield, Armia, Lehkoen and Perry over him.

I was talking about the return to play playoffs last year. He was horrible with KK and Domi or Gallagher. He got quite a few chances and shanked them. He was always getting bumped off of the puck along the wall in the offensive zone for a loss of possession and a quick zone exit by the Flyers.

At any rate although we don't have stars, we have 14 good candidates for the top 12. Two will have to sit. Staal is one for me (sorry I should have said we have 13 good candidates). After that it's between Byron, Lehkonen, Armia and Perry for the last 3 spots. Each has their strengths and weaknesses.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

Perry is definitely in, and I'd keep Caufield too.

It's hard to say who sits out if byron is in, but out of your list, I'd take Lehkonen out even though that's also not ideal because he brings some similar things to the table as byron.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I was talking about the return to play playoffs last year. He was horrible with KK and Domi or Gallagher. He got quite a few chances and shanked them. He was always getting bumped off of the puck along the wall in the offensive zone for a loss of possession and a quick zone exit by the Flyers.

At any rate although we don't have stars, we have 14 good candidates for the top 12. Two will have to sit. Staal is one for me (sorry I should have said we have 13 good candidates). After that it's between Byron, Lehkonen, Armia and Perry for the last 3 spots. Each has their strengths and weaknesses.

Sorry, brain damage.

Yeah he was bad last year and first half of this year. Finally came back to good in the last half of this year.

We do have some depth but no superstar. I would say that Gallagher is a "star", so is Toffoli this year (remains to be seen if it carries). Suzuki and Caufield are star to be and Habs history has shown us how important it can be.

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
I mean, you’ve all seen what Cole Caufield is doing, right?
He’s special, man. For real. He’s got that it factor. I’ve only seen it in a few guys in the league. He’s got it. And he’s also — no lie here — the funniest kid I’ve ever met. He’s always cracking jokes at practice and loves to laugh at himself. He’s just so excited to be in the NHL, you can see it. He still gets all wide-eyed when Carey or Webs talks to him, and I can see him get a little nervous when he’s talking to Corey Perry. I swear he’s going to say, “Yes, sir, Mr. Perry,” one day.
I loled :laugh:

Reactions: CaptnNemo

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021

Byron is going to have speed for two games, then fall off. He's 32 years old, his legs can't sustain his playstyle for more than a few games without rest. That's why he always look great after coming back from injuries or long break. and the PO schedule against the Leafs start with 3 games in 4 days.

I don't mind him playing in the first game, but by game 3, he's already going to become inefficient on the ice.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
There was only 1 player inside the top 10 in either points scored or goals scored that was not playing for the team that drafted him.

That player was Toffoli who was 7th overall in the goals scored category.

Reactions: DAChampion

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal

Caufield is just as fast, if not faster... and can score on a breakaway. Unlike waiver-wise Byron. How many times was he waived this year without being taken? 4? What does THAT tell you??

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Caufield is just as fast, if not faster... and can score on a breakaway. Unlike waiver-wise Byron. How many times was he waived this year without being taken? 4? What does THAT tell you??

We will agree to disagree about the speed part, but it's a moot point because my lineup is not a decision between Caufield and byron. It's decision between byron and Lehkonen.

frapp10

Feb 21, 2015
Wonder what we could get for him in a trade after his career season and being locked up at 4.25m.. as crazy as it sounds

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Wonder what we could get for him in a trade after his career season and being locked up at 4.25m.. as crazy as it sounds

Was never sold on him, get someone who can skate for crying out loud! CC can replace what he does,probably better already.CC can skate and handle the puck better and can read the plays. The flow doesn't die with CC, it dies with TT.

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
Was never sold on him, get someone who can skate for crying out loud! CC can replace what he does,probably better already.CC can skate and handle the puck better and can read the plays. The flow doesn't die with CC, it dies with TT.

Yaa my guy can’t move. Playoff pace is too much for him

Reactions: angusyoung

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad