Player Discussion Tyler Toffoli

ForeverHabs97

May 11, 2013
Canada
I like this player.
Great shot, nose for the net.

Looks to have hands of stone and average/below average skating.

Looking forward to seeing him this year!

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
I expect him to play LW with Kotkaniemi and Armia, he can play either side and is almost better on his off-wing since his shot is his prime feature.

Drouin-Suzuki-Anderson
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Toffoli-Kotkaniemi-Armia
Lekhonen-Evans-Weal

Chiarot-Weber
Edmundson-Petry
Kulak-Romanov
Juulsen

I expect Mete and Byron to be traded

Reactions: habscout

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Really like this player and contract. I'm shocked that MB got him as reasonable price, he's making less that he did on last contract.

Is Toffoli grow up Habs fan?

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2020-10-12_16-0-8.png

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
He’ll get 20+. Good hands, good shot. Scorer's instinct.

Not a great skater, but probably won’t have to be.

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
Very much a Julien/Bergevin type of player, but with actual skill. Aggressive on the puck in all zones, can play anywhere in the lineup and if he plays a full season, I’d expect 20-25 goals.

Going to be a very different team next season.

Jakomyte

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
I expect him to play LW with Kotkaniemi and Armia, he can play either side and is almost better on his off-wing since his shot is his prime feature.

Drouin-Suzuki-Anderson
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Toffoli-Kotkaniemi-Armia
Lekhonen-Evans-Weal

Chiarot-Weber
Edmundson-Petry
Kulak-Romanov
Juulsen

I expect Mete and Byron to be traded

Maybe Byron is a casualty, but Mete is signed for $735k. Trading him to make cap space wouldn't make any sense.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Don't expect 30 goals. Be happy with 20-25.

He paced for close last year. 24 in 68 games. I don't know who he's played with throughout his career but he likely lines up with a KK who I still think can be an absolute beast and a helluva playmaker. He's in the early part of his prime years.

Sometimes guys come here and reach another level. Even if he doesn't, 3o looks doable.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
He paced for close last year. 24 in 68 games. I don't know who he's played with throughout his career but he likely lines up with a KK who I still think can be an absolute beast and a helluva playmaker. He's in the early part of his prime years.

Sometimes guys come here and reach another level. Even if he doesn't, 3o looks doable.

I think him reaching 30 depends largely on how he fits into the power play and if he is used as a shooter or a distributor. He moves the puck very well and has good vision so he could be used on the man advantage as a playmaker. If that's the case, I don't see 30 happening, but if he's used more as a trigger, even on the second unit, it's within the realm of possibility.

eklund the clown

Dec 28, 2010
Super pickup .We will be pushed around no longer with he and Anderson .Oh and they are both skilled hockey players capable of scoring at least 20 goals.

Reactions: jaffy27

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I think him reaching 30 depends largely on how he fits into the power play and if he is used as a shooter or a distributor. He moves the puck very well and has good vision so he could be used on the man advantage as a playmaker. If that's the case, I don't see 30 happening, but if he's used more as a trigger, even on the second unit, it's within the realm of possibility.

TT career high 9 power play goals...that was back in 2015 when he had 31 goals....

TT 5 pp goals last year ..3 PP goals the year before that.

Habs scored 33 PP goals last year...
Domi had 1 PP goal (gone)
Jordan Weal had 2 PP goals(is he gone now?)

I wanna be positive BUT I don't think this fixes Habs PP woes....lol
I hope there is something more to come...(legit PP help)

Last edited:

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
TT career high 9 power play goals...that was back in 2015 when he had 31 goals....

Toffoli instead of Weal on the pp could make a big difference. It gives us another threat shooting option
And with Domi gone, KK is likely put on the half wall where he can use his 1-timer.

Those 2 changes could make a big difference

McGuires Corndog

Marc Bergevin juju exorcist
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal

Toffoli fits the mold of the rest of the team though, and that’s excellent at 5-on-5. He will be a net positive over Domi/Weal on the PP and you have to remember Suzuki will see more time and be more comfortable there than last year.

I love the acquisition and I think this team, should it make the playoffs, is going to be very hard to beat due to the depth and it’s ability to play excellent at 5 on 5.

Reactions: dralaf

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
He has been primarily right sided although he did swap from time to time with Pearson in LA...I assume they discussed what position he would take up before he signed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->