Two Flyers' scouts at the San Jose-Columbus game (February 11, 2013)

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Is it just me or is anyone else worried Holmgren is beginning to panic and is going to make a move for the sake of making a move. I'd rather that they ride out the season and then do the work in the off season. No need to panic and mortgage the future for a first or second round exit.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Is it just me or is anyone else worried Holmgren is beginning to panic and is going to make a move for the sake of making a move. I'd rather that they ride out the season and then do the work in the off season. No need to panic and mortgage the future for a first or second round exit.

I'm with you. I'm hoping he proves us wrong though.

bardeerkt

Jun 12, 2010
Philadelphia/NJ
What this team really needs is a pure goal scorer, but I don't see that being available from either of these two teams. So Wisniewski? Demers? Braun? Just throwing ideas out there. Other than tonight our D has been solid of late.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
What this team really needs is a pure goal scorer, but I don't see that being available from either of these two teams. So Wisniewski? Demers? Braun? Just throwing ideas out there. Other than tonight our D has been solid of late.

I think the D could really use an offensive guy on the backend that can move the puck (something they never replaced when Carle left) and contribute on the PP.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I personally think there isnt much to this news, but for the sake of discussion i think the Flyers would be looking at a forward on SJ. Clowe is probably the only one who could be available that would interest me. Cant see guys like Couture, Pavelski ect being on the block.
Maybe Handzus but hes got a NTC and really center isnt a problem.
On CBJ I really, really hope they arent looking at Mason. I wouldnt mind Anismov or Dubinsky just to troll the Rangers.
Maybe we are bringing back Prospal again:sarcasm:

Bill_Meltzer

Jan 28, 2005
There was a similar number of scouts (including Flyers) at Dallas-Anaheim last Friday, but that was also the only game in the league that night.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I personally think there isnt much to this news, but for the sake of discussion i think the Flyers would be looking at a forward on SJ. Clowe is probably the only one who could be available that would interest me. Cant see guys like Couture, Pavelski ect being on the block.
Maybe Handzus but hes got a NTC and really center isnt a problem.
On CBJ I really, really hope they arent looking at Mason. I wouldnt mind Anismov or Dubinsky just to troll the Rangers.
Maybe we are bringing back Prospal again:sarcasm:

I always liked Dubinsky, but isn't he a center? I can't see the Flyers looking to make a move for a center (unless the trade involves more than Dubinsky and a different center is going their way). If anything, I think the Flyers are looking to unload someone like Briere to San Jose. I like Briere so I am rooting against that.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Also I see a lot of other boards on here have Proposal/trade/rumor threads. I believe we should just make this our trade rumor thread, since Philly is thrown into the mix whenever a big time player is available. We could just adjust the title for whatever the flavor of the week is.

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
What do you think it would take to acquire one of Tyson Barrie or Stephan Elliot from the Avalanche?

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/stefan_elliott/

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/tyson_barrie/

Both are talented offensive defenseman who could learn one more year from Timonen before getting quality minutes.

Colorado is slumping too and may look for a change.

Something like

Barrie / Elliott for Laughton / Cousins?

Or

Barrie / Elliott + signed O'Reilly for Couturier +?

What do you think?

P.S. Thought about a proposal on the main board but decided to ask here first ;)

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
https://twitter.com/andystrickland/status/301329676427747329

Even though he says they need dman, we are clearly trying to get Pietrangelo from them!

Honestly though, I could see probably Chris Stewart from them, but really not much else.

I have always like Chris Stewart and think he would be good RW for Giroux. I figured a Voracek for Stewart deal with Hitch previously coaching Jake or perhaps Read + if St Louis is pinching pennies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad