Two Flyers' scouts at the San Jose-Columbus game (February 11, 2013)

Richards18Forever

Nov 15, 2006
philadelphia
A total of 19 scouts at nationwide arena and two from the flyers. This could be nothing but seems strange for so many scouts to be at the same one game. What could possibly be reason for us to be attending that game with two scouts?

Discuss/opinions

Last edited by a moderator:

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Umberger has a pricey contract:

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/6...j-umberger-signs-five-year-contract-extension

Columbus Blue Jackets forward R.J. Umberger has signed a five-year contract extension that will keep him with the club through the 2016-17 season.

The deal is worth $23 million, with an average of $4.6 million annually, a source told ESPN.com.

"We have signed RJ to a 5 year extension," Blue Jackets general manager Scott Howson tweeted Wednesday morning. "Thrilled to have such a big part of our team signed long term."

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Looking at the Sharks IMO.

Just don't see the Sharks moving a valuable piece considering the way they have been playing (up until tonight). Douglas Murray is redundant with Schenn and Grossmann. And besides do you think they would send 2 scouts just for him? Brent Burns would be nice but they gave up a lot for him and hes on a nice long term deal. Its gotta be JJ. He's been linked for way too long. I think he would be a great fit.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Just don't see the Sharks moving a valuable piece considering the way they have been playing (up until tonight). Douglas Murray is redundant with Schenn and Grossmann. And besides do you think they would send 2 scouts just for him? Brent Burns would be nice but they gave up a lot for him and hes on a nice long term deal. Its gotta be JJ. He's been linked for way too long. I think he would be a great fit.

Who says we're the ones looking for the big piece?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad