2 Onni Amhamdi – 3 Daniel Nieminen

4:
23 Ville Väärälä – 22 Anton Kettunen – 21 Natan Teshome
7 Veikka Mononen

13. hyökkääjä:
37 Markus Loponen

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
2-0. If Finland gets one more then it's probably GG's. Even if the game itself hasn't been that one sided. (Okay, the second half has been very one sided).
Teshome with the big miss. 13-0 in shots on goal for Finland after 2-2.

Kiviharju and Väisänen make it look like PP when they have the puck in the offensive zone. Against these teams so far that is. Doubt it against the US and others but still fun to witness. Kiviharju shows that he's hungry and confident.
It's clear that Kiviharju is the leader out of these two as well. Väisänens skating looks pretty decent imho. Seems pretty well rounded so far but I want to see Veeti against the US to get a lot better picture of him.

If Hemming develops well and wants to become a scorer I do see some top6 potential in him for the NHL. I do think he needs a playmaker, especially at the next level but the dynamics- speed and strength seem to be there. His shot isn't bad either.

Suoniemi shows some playmaking qualities with nifty hands and some cheeky passes. But I don't get the impression he has the level to maintain or show these qualities against tougher opponents in the tournament. Not yet that is, still exciting prospect.

Last but not least, Slovakia is surprisingly bad in this tournament. So passive without any fire. Not competing and they look lost. Latvia was a lot better. Not surprised they won against them.
But then again, Finland were ready from start and had a good first period.

Last edited:

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Slovakia will have huge mountain to climb if they wanna avoid relegation round games.
Does this Team Slovakia have even 1 or 2 guys who's got some NHL talent.

Miroslav Satan jr and Radivojevic are probably only guys who might get drafted to NHL.
But how's Pobesal is he NHL level talent and prospect or is he more good euro player.

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
Ordinary boarding (Slovakian turns against the boards), 2 minutes, but the slovak got hurt so they gave 5. Nothing egregious .
And the Slovak player's head didn't make any contact to boards or even ice I think. So must be whiplash injury to neck even though didn't seem to be serious by wathing the replay..

All the best to that guy, hopefully no vertebra injury..

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Not a good look on Ruohonen to laugh on his way to the locker room imo. I get that he was laughing at the call, but you just watched a kid get stretchered out in a neck brace after your hit, i’d be dead serious.

Helenius and Hemming toying with Slovaks now.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
I mean, it’s bit of boarding but major would’ve been too much. 2mins wouldn’t have been a bad call imo.

They need to cut these out once they play serious competition, they’ll make em pay for these.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Great game, only 8 shots by Slovakia and what's best, Finland KEPT the puck control after they were leading 4-0!!! When was the last time you saw that happen? Big big big test against USA coming up but overall this project doing fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lambo and Svedu

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Great game, only 8 shots by Slovakia and what's best, Finland KEPT the puck control after they were leading 4-0!!! When was the last time you saw that happen? Big big big test against USA coming up but overall this project doing fine.
Those idiotic penalties what we took today were all absolutely boneheaded.
Is Kauppinen really so idiot as a coach he cannot keep any discipline in the team.

We have taken 3 times 5+20 penalty and if our goal really is win something
we cannot continue to play like that and sitting into penalty box that often.
Some point those idiotic penalties will cost goals and wins and then we'll be screwed up.

Into USA game we cannot sit into penalty box at all.
USA is much dangerous team in powerplay than what Latvia, Norway and Slovakia have been.

It is up on Kauppinen now how this lack of discpline will turn.
Of course it's good we play hard and physical hockey but it has to be done following the rules.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad