Two Flyers' scouts at the San Jose-Columbus game (February 11, 2013)

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Laughton + wouldn't be a bad price to pay honestly. Well worth it. Who is the roster player tho. That's the question.

The only thing I would worry about would be the salary cap. Laughton is going to be cheap for the next three years. O'Reilly is going to be signed between 4-5 mil.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I imagine Colorado would like to add a defender. In which case they would have no business dealing with us.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I think you guys are way off on the value.

ROR and the AVS are in a real tough spot. They won't be getting a roster player +top prospect I think. They could, but a GM should wait it out a little longer, they will have to move him sooner or later. He is not playing for them anymore.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
I think there are teams with better prospect pools much more desperate for a center than the Flyers and will drive up the price. Ottawa and Toronto are two examples.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
ROR and the AVS are in a real tough spot. They won't be getting a roster player +top prospect I think. They could, but a GM should wait it out a little longer, they will have to move him sooner or later. He is not playing for them anymore.

They still own his rights. They have the leverage much like Phoenix had with Turris. They don't have to move him.

That aside, Laughton, best case (in my eyes), turns into an O'Reilly-like player. In order to makeup for the risk that he doesn't turn into that player and the additional time it will take for Laughton to develop, the Flyers need to add. Talbot/Feds/Gervais and all those spare parts aren't cutting it. McGinn is closer, but still far apart.

O'Reilly is a recently turned 22 year old, two-way pivot, with shutdown capabilities and an emerging offensive game. Those are extremely valuable players and some team will pay handsomely for him.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
They still own his rights. They have the leverage much like Phoenix had with Turris. They don't have to move him.

That aside, Laughton, best case (in my eyes), turns into an O'Reilly-like player. In order to makeup for the risk that he doesn't turn into that player and the additional time it will take for Laughton to develop, the Flyers need to add. Talbot/Feds/Gervais and all those spare parts aren't cutting it. McGinn is closer, but still far apart.

O'Reilly is a recently turned 22 year old, two-way pivot, with shutdown capabilities and an emerging offensive game. Those are extremely valuable players and some team will pay handsomely for him.

Honestly, Talbot I think has the higher value out of the 3. Laughton, Talbot and a 2nd/3rd?

Snipsnap12

Nov 16, 2010
I'd rather trade Laughton than cousins..... They are similar type players but cousins is more of a pest and has a higher offensive potential..he has 84 points in 54 games for his OHL team this year

Mkoll

Inkvisiittori
Jul 5, 2008
New Brunswick, Canada
I realize this isnt the case now, but it must be annoying sometimes to be employed as a scout. What if they just want to go see a game for the fun of it? Automatically they start a buzz.

TheDrizzle81

Nov 13, 2008
Marlton NJ
I realize this isnt the case now, but it must be annoying sometimes to be employed as a scout. What if they just want to go see a game for the fun of it? Automatically they start a buzz.

Normally wouldnt. But when 19 clubs have scouts at one game it draws attention

Blue Dot

F0rsbergFan21
Oct 15, 2006
Laughton for Barrie and Elliot? Done. Let's not quibble about conjunctions. Seriously, though, I'd be fine with Cousins for Elliot (who projects a bit better, as per HF) and would even sweeten the pot with a 3rd.

done! now, if only we could collect a huge GM paycheck for our brilliant deal! :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad