Two Flyers' scouts at the San Jose-Columbus game (February 11, 2013)

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
God forbid they trade his friend..his "productivity" might suffer..oh wait!:sarcasm:

lol....well if Philly doesn't turn it around, I would look to trade him too at the deadline:
Talbt, Feds, Knuble...these are the depth guys that teams sometime overpay for-see Gaustad, Moore for example. If we could get 2nd rounder for them...that would be a great return. Then let Sestito, Wellwood and Z play out the year. Or even look to ADD salary from a team to "help" them...but at a price.

And I would have a talk with Briere about a trade. And let him know that we "might" buy him out if we need $ to sign a player like Perry. See if he is willing to accept a trade to another team so we can get assets for him.

Embiid

*Injured
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
lol....well if Philly doesn't turn it around, I would look to trade him too at the deadline:
Talbt, Feds, Knuble...these are the depth guys that teams sometime overpay for-see Gaustad, Moore for example. If we could get 2nd rounder for them...that would be a great return. Then let Sestito, Wellwood and Z play out the year. Or even look to ADD salary from a team to "help" them...but at a price.

And I would have a talk with Briere about a trade. And let him know that we "might" buy him out if we need $ to sign a player like Perry. See if he is willing to accept a trade to another team so we can get assets for him.

Talbot is looking like his days with Pitt when he was getting benched...yeah his role is not as offensive compared to last year but he's less of a catalyst this year..

SgtJoseph*

Is it just me or is anyone else worried Holmgren is beginning to panic and is going to make a move for the sake of making a move. I'd rather that they ride out the season and then do the work in the off season. No need to panic and mortgage the future for a first or second round exit.

If he ever reads some of the knee jerk panic ridden nonsense on this forum he just might make a panic driven deal ! LOL..........I agree with you !

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Dreger and Bobby Mac said on the intermission show for Montreal/Tampa Bay that ROR is now on the block for Eastern teams. They are looking for a roster player and top prospect back.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
So here's the plan:

"Hello, I would like to inquire about the General Manager's job, please?"

"Sure. Do you have any NHL managerial experience?"

"Yes, yes I do."

"Your name, please?"

"Umm, Hall Polmgren."

"Hall Polmgren? I don't recall anyone by that name with an NHL franchise."

"I was with ... umm ... Phoenix. Not the Coyotes, though. The OTHER Phoenix team."

"Oh, okay. Is this your CV?"

"Yes."

"Why is it printed on Flyers letterhead?"

"We're a pretty poor franchise. Mr. Bettman just took some pages from Shanahan's pre-printed suspension stack."

"I see. So, Mr. Polmgren, what are your thoughts about first moves with the Blue Jackets to get us competitive again?"

"You need big, tough guys. I think I can get Philadelphia to consider sending Jody Shelley over."

"Go on ..."

"It might cost us a couple of first-round picks, though."

"Okay, anything else?"

"And a second ... DOH!"

"AHA! I knew it was you, Paul!! Get out!"

"Rats."

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Apparently McKenzie and Dreger said the cost would be a roster player and top prospect from an eastern team. Would love OReilly but can't think of a trade that works.

Laughton would definitely be included. 1) He's our best prospect and 2)we would have Giroux, Couturier, Schenn, in addition to O'Rielly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->