OT: TV & Movie Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
I am holding off on this until I get done with Breaking Bad. 1 episode into Season 4.

For those that like historical shows, am a big fan of Last Kingdom & Vikings. Also, Man in High Castle comes back next month on Amazon Prime. That's a great show.
I've had my eyes on Vikings for a while. How much (if any) action is there in it?

Deleted member 23124

I am holding off on this until I get done with Breaking Bad. 1 episode into Season 4.

For those that like historical shows, am a big fan of Last Kingdom & Vikings. Also, Man in High Castle comes back next month on Amazon Prime. That's a great show.
Love High Castle

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia

Oh boy. Shits about to get real

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Season 4 is half-way through. After season 3 I thought the story was over, and so watching this season it feels like a setup for a new story.

Interesting. I had a feeling about this. Season 3 felt like a bit of a letdown.

Deleted member 23124

I really can’t get into shows that start off slowly, but something about this show was so good. It was so suspenseful and cool **** goes down.
I didn't find it suspenseful...and the characters were so blah....

Deleted member 23124

Yea, everyone has a trash opinion once in a while.
Not sure what you meant by this....however, I am still curious to know what changed in season 2 that boosted the ratings....I recall reading they were close to cancelling the show after season 1.

TheTimTamSlammerMan

Jul 29, 2011
Long Island
Not sure what you meant by this....however, I am still curious to know what changed in season 2 that boosted the ratings....I recall reading they were close to cancelling the show after season 1.

Lol, I guess it’s just a show you have to be patient with. I thought it was worth it. Totally understand how people find it boring. I always tuned out the Russian spoken parts which is like 25% of the show. I just loved the way they f***ed with other people’s lives and had to keep it a secret to their kids and their next door FBI neighbor.

Deleted member 23124

Lol, I guess it’s just a show you have to be patient with. I thought it was worth it. Totally understand how people find it boring. I always tuned out the Russian spoken parts which is like 25% of the show. I just loved the way they ****ed with other people’s lives and had to keep it a secret to their kids and their next door FBI neighbor.
To be honest, I felt I was being patient by watching the entire season. One of the main complaints about the show was that it offered nothing different from previous shows/movies on the same subject...I'm assuming there was some kind of twist added in season 2 that made the show take off.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
To be honest, I felt I was being patient by watching the entire season. One of the main complaints about the show was that it offered nothing different from previous shows/movies on the same subject...I'm assuming there was some kind of twist added in season 2 that made the show take off.

Even the best shows (which The Americans is) are not for everyone. I loved it from the get go and actually thought that early seasons were better.

For Black Mirror and Walking Dead were the ones that I could never get into no matter how much I tried to convince myself.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Rattled off a few more episodes. Walt's descent into "badness" has been interesting. As is the weird father/son thing going on with him and Jessie. But yes, it appears that it's certainly getting real.

You're in for a treat - BB story gets really good once the relationships between the main characters are established.

Deleted member 23124

Even the best shows (which The Americans is) are not for everyone. I loved it from the get go and actually thought that early seasons were better.

For Black Mirror and Walking Dead were the ones that I could never get into no matter how much I tried to convince myself.
I agree with you. But the producers must have done something in season 2 to turn things around.

Black Mirror was a great show until Netflix took over.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Just watched Deadpool 2..havent laughed that hard in ages.Awesome movie.Up next is the Star Wars Han Solo movie

Reactions: will1066
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad