OT: TV & Movie Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Not sure what happened with the old thread. Tried searching for it for a bit but to no avail.

Figured I'd make a new one.

Been doing some housework today in the apartment. Since it was all in the living room, I turned on Netflix and decided to start GLOW.

I have to say...it's amazing.

Reactions: kovazub94

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
If we're talking strictly Netflix the obvious big names that come to mind are Narcos, Black Mirror, Crown. But my girlfriend and I just finished Westworld on HBO which is fantastic, i also heavily recommend Billions(Showtime), Ballers(HBO), This Is Us (Hulu), Genius (NatGeo).

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
Believe it or not, I’ve never seen a full episode of The Office — UK or US versions.

I’ve also never watched an episode of Walking Dead or Game of Thrones.
your missing out on the US version of the office, one of the best shows of all time
the uk version didnt do it for me

ive also never watched the walking dead or game of thrones

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
I'm not ashamed to admit that my wife got me hooked on Downton Abbey.

There's something about the U.K. that always pulls me in. I can't help myself.
It's the soap opera effect, you don't why but you have to watch the next episode. It also helps that the production of Downton Abbey is amazing.

My girlfriend keeps trying to get me to watch The Handmaid's tale, but it seems kind of boring, can anyone validate this?

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Believe it or not, I’ve never seen a full episode of The Office — UK or US versions.

I’ve also never watched an episode of Walking Dead or Game of Thrones.
Both are good, though I prefer the UK version by the a decent margin. I think the US version is solid, but of it’s 9 seasons, I’d say 2 or 3 are “very good”. Also, I have an irrational hatred of the Pam character, so take that into account with my criticism of it.

I would definitely recommend checking out the UK version. One of the pluses of it is that it’s short and sweet, and not dragged out in any fashion. There’s only 12 episodes.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Im anxiously awaiting the next season of Santa Clarita Diet on netflix.Brilliant show.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Not sure what happened with the old thread. Tried searching for it for a bit but to no avail.

Figured I'd make a new one.

Been doing some housework today in the apartment. Since it was all in the living room, I turned on Netflix and decided to start GLOW.

I have to say...it's amazing.

Second it.

I would reserve “amazing “ for more prominent shows but GLOW is a very good TV.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
If we are talking new shows and amazing then Counterpart IS IT. A must watch and should be all the way at the top of anyone’s list.

Reactions: mjolnir13

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
Sometimes i forget to suggest Game Of Thrones to people because its the greatest show ever made and I assume everyone has watched it and pledged loyalty to a house.

Reactions: TheRedressor
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad