OT: TV & Movie Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Season 4 is half-way through. After season 3 I thought the story was over, and so watching this season it feels like a setup for a new story.

OMG, I couldn’t have been more wrong! Such a turn of events! Just for this it is forth to watch the whole show!

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Even the best shows (which The Americans is) are not for everyone. I loved it from the get go and actually thought that early seasons were better.

For Black Mirror and Walking Dead were the ones that I could never get into no matter how much I tried to convince myself.

Same here 100 percent!!!

Show watching right now is Fauda on Netflix. Really good if you don't mind subtitles. Even if you did still worth watching.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Same here 100 percent!!!

Show watching right now is Fauda on Netflix. Really good if you don't mind subtitles. Even if you did still worth watching.

Just finished season 1. Taking a break before season 2. Good show even if you need to ignore obvious breaks in timeline and sequence of events.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I've heard Babylon Berlin is excellent as well

We are spoiled with excellent TV across premium channels, AMC, FX etc. Watching BB it was annoying to see broken timelines, people randomly being in places or something happening to move the story along again and again. I started watching it because I really liked another German shown on Netflix The Dark (and The Counterpart from Starz was also shot in Germany) but came away largely disappointed and will probably not watch season 2.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Just watched Deadpool 2..havent laughed that hard in ages.Awesome movie.Up next is the Star Wars Han Solo movie

DP2 was hilarious, especially the little jabs at Josh Brolin himself and not his character. And that awesome cameo. I need to see it again.

Reactions: mrmovies779

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
OMG, I couldn’t have been more wrong! Such a turn of events! Just for this it is forth to watch the whole show!
We are spoiled with excellent TV across premium channels, AMC, FX etc.We are spoiled with excellent TV across premium channels, AMC, FX etc.

Haha, such a tease.

I've been tuned into FX and FXX lately to repeat-view an occasional flick I happened to like. I didn't watch Sons of Anarchy but they are blanket-promoting Mayans MC to death.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
DP2 was hilarious, especially the little jabs at Josh Brolin himself and not his character. And that awesome cameo. I need to see it again.
Deadpool 1 was great so I definitely want to see the second one. Ryan Reynolds does a great job

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Just watched "Beyond the Lights" on Netflix. HS Football docuseries that was really good. The show follows 3 HS quarterback's (Jake Fromm, Tate Martell and Tayvon Bowers) all from different regions. Worth tuning into.

ponzu4u

Feb 27, 2013
Just re-watched Suspiria because of the remake coming out...

woof. it did not hold up for me. Some amazing set design and some cool cinematography, but underneath that... yikes. Anyone who puts that movie anywhere near a top 10 horror movie list is doing so purely for nostalgia's sake.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Finished Fargo S3. First 5 episodes was a bit of a chore at times but then it really takes off. Nowhere near as good as S1 and 2 but still good. The ending reminded me of Lord of War.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Hm Salvation series surprised me positive on Netflix - still going strong with episode 13 now with season 1 :)
There are sill some acting which is mediocre, but I enjoy it so far.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Anyone catch The Terror a couple of months ago on AMC? It was a 10-episode mystery/horror series based on the novel of the same name. AMC announced season 2 with a different story, making it an anthology like American Horror Story.

My latest guilty pleasure is Live PD on A&E.

Reactions: Ori and ponzu4u

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
I am holding off on this until I get done with Breaking Bad. 1 episode into Season 4.

For those that like historical shows, am a big fan of Last Kingdom & Vikings. Also, Man in High Castle comes back next month on Amazon Prime. That's a great show.
Don't watch BCS until you finish BB for spoiler reasons

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
A couple of September movies I'm keeping an eye on: Peppermint and The Predator.

Anyone here watch Fear the Walking Dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad